ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 264 of 386
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314364 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:34 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
One good bet is going back and time and making sure that he gave the dagger to Arya in the godswood. Coincidentally used to stab the Night King in the same spot where he was stabbed to create him.
When you say "..same spot.." do you mean the NK's body location?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I finally got to watch this episode.

You guys are equating real world tactics...…..to a tv show. :-)

It was very entertaining, but I feel the red witch hit us over the head with a sledge hammer by including the color of eyes conversation and Arya.

I kept waiting on Bran to do something, but he just sat there with his dick in his hand. I bet Bran went to Kings Landing, but they tried to misdirect us by showing the crows flying with the Night King.
Right?

"Man, what foreshadowing!!!"

That wasn't foreshadowing, fellas - that was just telling us how the next 20 minutes would go. It really underestimated the viewership, IMO. I wonder if Frazod's "GOT for Dummies" comment isn't really all that needs to be said at this point.

Or perhaps the viewership has just gotten so large that they DO need to water it down some to keep eyes from glazing over. I mean it's important to remember that the most popular show in this country for YEARS was 2 and a Half Men. The masses are truly retarded so when you get this many people watching, maybe it's necessary to hit them over the head.

But honestly, it pulled me out of the moment quite a bit because I was just sitting there like "gee, thanks for putting the ending in the trailer for us..."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Unlikely.

1. Hard to explain on TV without some long ass narrative.

2. There isn't a hell of a lot of time left to develop said narrative.

3. It's just not really feasible. Looks like he had the whole crew of walkers with him. That would leave Krasters babies. They would need time to develop a force to be a threat. Again, time.

4. Anything he created, should have shattered when he got bitchshanked.
This has been why I'm not always as hard on the show as I could be. Some of the stuff we know from the books is just !@#$ing impossible to get across via a visual medium. The exposition needed is just impossible.

Bran as the Three Eyed Exposition eventually gets a little tiresome and it's not like you have some 'new fish' you can bring in as an audience proxy and explain things to, as is usually the case in television/movies when you need to work up a back story.

Most of the fan theories require a written medium to make work over any reasonable timeline. If it's not something that's already clearly set in motion, it's probably not gonna happen at this point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I keep seeing this. I see no indication that the specific Godswood tree that made him was the one in the Godswood in Winterfell.

What am I missing?
Yeah, and my memory was that most of that stuff happened down south during the era of the children of the forest. I could be wrong, but don't forget that at the time of his creation there were Godswoods everywhere. It wasn't until the first men took them all down that the one at Winterfell ended up so significant.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:08 AM 05-03-2019
Tyrion with a laugh track. Sounds like buys to me.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:08 AM 05-03-2019
the night king was created north of the wall. It was that circle of stones up there
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, and my memory was that most of that stuff happened down south during the era of the children of the forest. I could be wrong, but don't forget that at the time of his creation there were Godswoods everywhere. It wasn't until the first men took them all down that the one at Winterfell ended up so significant.
The Godswood tree where he was created was up North past the wall. It's in the episode where Bran gets touched by the NK, I believe.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:19 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
the night king was created north of the wall. It was that circle of stones up there
Fist of the First Men?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:34 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Fist of the First Men?
Nah. It’s somewhere else. Same stones set up in a spiral like it was when the children of the forest did it except it was snow covered.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Fist of the First Men?
I do have to have to say, the north has kick ass names.

Fist of the First Men
Hardhomme
The Last Hearth
The Dread Fort

Fucking Awesome
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:49 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I was convinced the WW's were wiped out until I watched D&D's interview with Kimmel yesterday. They got cagey when asked if they were "really gone."

Could be a sign of what’s to come or it could just be them trying to skirt the issue for now in case they want to find some way to bring them back in the future.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:

They call it the Isle of Faces, I believe.

Right?

"Man, what foreshadowing!!!"

That wasn't foreshadowing, fellas - that was just telling us how the next 20 minutes would go. It really underestimated the viewership, IMO. I wonder if Frazod's "GOT for Dummies" comment isn't really all that needs to be said at this point.

Or perhaps the viewership has just gotten so large that they DO need to water it down some to keep eyes from glazing over. I mean it's important to remember that the most popular show in this country for YEARS was 2 and a Half Men. The masses are truly retarded so when you get this many people watching, maybe it's necessary to hit them over the head.

But honestly, it pulled me out of the moment quite a bit because I was just sitting there like "gee, thanks for putting the ending in the trailer for us..."

To be fair, the “blue eyes you’ll shut forever” could have been about any of the white walkers. With Bran warging and Jon making his way to the Godswood, I was truly not entirely sure how they’d take the Night King out until Arya leapt at him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 05-03-2019
Can we at least get confirmation that the Walkers got the !@#$ing Glovers before they got taken out? Sadly, they probably didn't as the line from Last Hearth to Winterfell doesn't really take them anywhere near Deepwood Motte.

Are we really gonna give that ass another chance to flake out when the banners get called again?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:59 AM 05-03-2019
Can we at least get confirmation that the Walkers got the !@#$ing Glovers before they got taken out? Sadly, they probably didn't as the line from Last Hearth to Winterfell doesn't really take them anywhere near Deepwood Motte.

Are we really gonna give that ass another chance to flake out when the banners get called again?
He needs to be executed as a oath breaker
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
To be fair, the “blue eyes you’ll shut forever” could have been about any of the white walkers. With Bran warging and Jon making his way to the Godswood, I was truly not entirely sure how they’d take the Night King out until Arya leapt at him.
She'd been killing Walkers for 20 minutes at that point. It was pretty clear to me that they were laying out the roadmap and doubly so when we got our 3 minutes of "everyone's dying" where they showed all the key players in peril.

Except 1.

They telegraphed that something awful. I didn't necessarily see a flying ninja leap, but I was ultimately disappointed in how obvious they made the Arya killing stroke.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
He needs to be executed as a oath breaker
"Edd, fetch me a block" is still probably the single most satisfying moment of the books for me.

In the show the hanging with Thorne and Ollie is close, but if we could have Snow drop that line (obviously someone else will need to do the fetching) that would be pretty great...
[Reply]
Page 264 of 386
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314364 > Last »
Up