ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 386
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:35 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Hmmm ...

That Melisandre, Azor Ahai, Lightbringer theory seems pretty solid. I dig it.

FAX
It does seem pretty solid. The only issue I have is that Azor Ahai loved Nissa Nissa, making her death a sacrifice. Jon does not love Melisandre.

Also: Melisandre is consistently wrong, especially about specific identities. She may very well be correct about the sacrifice mechanics, but be incorrect about who it is that will be sacrificed.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:40 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
It does seem pretty solid. The only issue I have is that Azor Ahai loved Nissa Nissa, making her death a sacrifice. Jon does not love Melisandre.
You know who Jon does Love and who has not been portrayed in the best light (pun intended) recently?
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:44 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
You know who Jon does Love and who has not been portrayed in the best light (pun intended) recently?
I know who you're referring to. However, I think Jon loves Arya more than anyone.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:26 AM 04-25-2019
I know who you're referring to. However, I think Jon loves Arya more than anyone.
Agreed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 04-25-2019
Dany has to sacrifice herself so that Jon can use her heart to create Lightbringer to stop the NK.
[Reply]
RustShack 11:03 AM 04-25-2019

Also: Melisandre is consistently wrong, especially about specific identities. She may very well be correct about the sacrifice mechanics, but be incorrect about who it is that will be sacrificed.
She misinterpreted signs, wasn’t necessary “wrong”. Stannis wasn’t the price who was promised, but he was needed to save Jon, the Wall, and so on. Her Kings blood magic worked, even when melting the snow. You could tell she felt something stronger in Jon when she met him.
[Reply]
notorious 11:21 AM 04-25-2019
I don’t think it was a coincidence the red witch was mentioned before Arya popped her cherry.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:26 AM 04-25-2019
Strategically a stand at Winterfell is retarded. It would have been much smarter had Jon moved the people of the north south....

-Leave a delaying force at Moat Cailin
-And used the River Lands to dictate engagements.......

Silly idiots
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:21 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Strategically a stand at Winterfell is retarded. It would have been much smarter had Jon moved the people of the north south....

Silly idiots
Pretty clear from the books that this fight will be near the Trident imo.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 12:36 PM 04-25-2019

Silly idiots
Its why I suspect the NK will just go around them. (Danny's vision of the red keep in ruins is from him attacking it with his dragon) The large force is feint. Why attack a strong, fortified position with an army that doesn't sleep, doesn't tire, doesn't need to eat. Either starve them out or just leave them sitting there and go on your way. But limited episodes, so who knows.)

Yes Yes, the producers gave us that 'excuse' that the NK is after Bran specifically, but again, why the rush (again, I know, limited episodes)?

Either way, there is definitely a twist coming (Martin laid out 3 big ones for the producers..... Shireen, Hodor, and one we haven't seen yet.)

Does Cersei offer her baby to the NK, as Caster had did, to be left alone?
Does the Red Witch show up and deus ex machina the whole thing? (Don't know if that's a twist, depends on what happens)
Does the NK die, just to have someone take his place? (Is there a continuation of his species aspect to the NK?)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:42 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Its why I suspect the NK will just go around them. (Danny's vision of the red keep in ruins is from him attacking it with his dragon) The large force is feint. Why attack a strong, fortified position with an army that doesn't sleep, doesn't tire, doesn't need to eat. Either starve them out or just leave them sitting there and go on your way. But limited episodes, so who knows.)

Yes Yes, the producers gave us that 'excuse' that the NK is after Bran specifically, but again, why the rush (again, I know, limited episodes)?

Either way, there is definitely a twist coming (Martin laid out 3 big ones for the producers..... Shireen, Hodor, and one we haven't seen yet.)

Does Cersei offer her baby to the NK, as Caster had did, to be left alone?
Does the Red Witch show up and deus ex machina the whole thing? (Don't know if that's a twist, depends on what happens)
Does the NK die, just to have someone take his place? (Is there a continuation of his species aspect to the NK?)
I think the golden company switches sides, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dario show back up or be the reason Golden Company switches.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:59 PM 04-25-2019
I finally caught up on this last night after starting it in February!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:03 PM 04-25-2019

Silly idiots
you know what pissed me off... when they went north to get one of the dead to prove to Cersei, and Daenerys flew in on her dragaons. She landed and everyone in the party was getting on the dragon and Jon's like nahhhhh I gotta personally fight 16 more dead for XP so I can level up! It's not like the fucking dragon couldn't have covered him as he got on it. Then one of the dragons might not be on the side of the dead.

I mean, I get then the story would be a lot shorter and its not the way the story plays out... but goddamn that pissed me off unreasonably.
[Reply]
DrRyan 03:21 PM 04-25-2019
I think the golden company switches sides, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dario show back up or be the reason Golden Company switches.
The Dario reprise would be awesome. There definitely are Golden Company switching sides theories out there but not sure it happens. Just so little time left in the show. They definitely have played up (in the books even more) that they have never broken a contract. Along with the Targaryen/Blackfyre connection, which would seem to do anything but ingratiate the GC to the Targaryen side. I could see it going either way...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:15 PM 04-25-2019

Silly idiots
The wight army isn't one you can take potshots at here and there. Every time you face them, you get weaker and they get stronger.

It makes sense to hole up in a fortified castle and make a final stand. I'm sure they'd all like to be chilling in Dorne with a unified seven kingdoms, but obviously it didn't work out that way.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 386
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Up