ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 386
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
RustShack 11:44 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Can’t they make more Valerian steel with the dragons?
Probably if they bring in one of the four people who know how to forge it.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:22 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
Who are your favorite characters, lads?

in addition to Arya, I like Samwell and The Hound lol

eta: oh and the red-haired wildling leader and the big blonde gal
Podrick Payne, just because I still want to know what he did with those hookers.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:31 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
My wife pointed out in the episode where Sam learns that Dragonstone has a mountain of dragon glass that there was something else in the book Sam was thumbing through that talks about heating dragon glass and it becomes malleable and can be mixed with other materials. It's not very clear and you have to be quick with the pause to read it but we're guessing that this is part of the secret to forging Valerian steel.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:46 PM 04-03-2019
Big fan of Ros. Shame she went out the way she did.
[Reply]
otherstar 12:49 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Aria and Tywin interacting was another highlight.
The Hound and Tormund talking about Brienne was gold.
Little Finger and Varys "chaos is a ladder" conversation.
To follow up on that last moment: the look on Littlefinger's face when Bran told him that "chaos is a ladder." :-)
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:06 PM 04-03-2019
The art of making Valyrian steel was lost when Old Valyria fell....so no.

Current known Valyrian Steel artifacts in the GOT TELEVISION world:

Blackfyre, the ancestral sword of House Targaryen, once wielded by Aegon the Conqueror, lost during the Blackfyre Rebellion. (has only been spoken about in the show...never seen on screen)

Dark Sister, a longsword of House Targaryen, held by Visenya Targaryen, lost during the Blackfyre Rebellion. (same as Blackfyre)

Ice, the ancestral greatsword of House Stark. Captured by House Lannister when Eddard Stark was taken prisoner, and used by Ilyn Payne to behead Lord Stark at Joffrey Baratheon's command. After the Red Wedding and defeat of House Stark, Tywin Lannister had it melted down into two smaller longswords, one gifted to his son, Jaime, the other to his grandson, Joffrey Baratheon.

Oathkeeper, the first longsword made from Ice. Given by Jaime Lannister to Brienne of Tarth.

Widow's Wail, the second longsword made from Ice. Given to Joffrey Baratheon as a wedding gift, passed on to Tommen Baratheon. Now carried by Jaime Lannister.

Longclaw, a bastard-sword of House Mormont, given by Jeor Mormont to Jon Snow.

Heartsbane, the ancestral sword of House Tarly. Stolen by Samwell Tarly from his father in Season 6.

The "Catspaw Dagger". Wielded by an assassin who attempts to kill Bran Stark in Season One. It previously belonged to Petyr Baelish, but he claims he lost it in a bet to Tyrion Lannister. However, the ownership of the dagger when it was used by the assassin is never firmly established in the TV series. Given by Petyr Baelish to Bran Stark who in turn gave it to Arya Stark in Season Seven.

The links of the chains that the Maesters wear as sashes are made of Valyrian steel.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:30 PM 04-03-2019
Getting all kinds of GOT targeted ads. A rolling pin? What database thought I’d be interested in a rolling pin?
Attached: A0C69AA2-CC95-4BF2-84A6-9865376AD5B4.jpg (98.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:36 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The art of making Valyrian steel was lost when Old Valyria fell....so no.

Current known Valyrian Steel artifacts in the GOT TELEVISION world:

Blackfyre, the ancestral sword of House Targaryen, once wielded by Aegon the Conqueror, lost during the Blackfyre Rebellion. (has only been spoken about in the show...never seen on screen)

Dark Sister, a longsword of House Targaryen, held by Visenya Targaryen, lost during the Blackfyre Rebellion. (same as Blackfyre)

Ice, the ancestral greatsword of House Stark. Captured by House Lannister when Eddard Stark was taken prisoner, and used by Ilyn Payne to behead Lord Stark at Joffrey Baratheon's command. After the Red Wedding and defeat of House Stark, Tywin Lannister had it melted down into two smaller longswords, one gifted to his son, Jaime, the other to his grandson, Joffrey Baratheon.

Oathkeeper, the first longsword made from Ice. Given by Jaime Lannister to Brienne of Tarth.

Widow's Wail, the second longsword made from Ice. Given to Joffrey Baratheon as a wedding gift, passed on to Tommen Baratheon. Now carried by Jaime Lannister.

Longclaw, a bastard-sword of House Mormont, given by Jeor Mormont to Jon Snow.

Heartsbane, the ancestral sword of House Tarly. Stolen by Samwell Tarly from his father in Season 6.

The "Catspaw Dagger". Wielded by an assassin who attempts to kill Bran Stark in Season One. It previously belonged to Petyr Baelish, but he claims he lost it in a bet to Tyrion Lannister. However, the ownership of the dagger when it was used by the assassin is never firmly established in the TV series. Given by Petyr Baelish to Bran Stark who in turn gave it to Arya Stark in Season Seven.

The links of the chains that the Maesters wear as sashes are made of Valyrian steel.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
vailpass 03:24 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
To follow up on that last moment: the look on Littlefinger's face when Bran told him that "chaos is a ladder." :-)
Yes. That was good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:17 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
There are 4 people that know how to manipulate it. I'm pretty sure they've said that nobody knows how to forge it.

Originally Posted by otherstar:
That was quality filmmaking.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:58 PM 04-03-2019
Another good one: if you could save one character from death, who would it be? Who would be the most impactful if still alive?

King Robert
Khal Drogo
Catelyn
Robb Stark
Tywin
Olenna
Doran
Oberyn
Margery
Loras
Stannis
Renly
Ned Stark
Jeor Mormont
Joffrey
Ramsay
Roose
Balon Greyjoy
Barristan Selmy
Mance
Hodor
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:04 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Another good one: if you could save one character from death, who would it be? Who would be the most impactful if still alive?

King Robert
Khal Drogo
Catelyn
Robb Stark
Tywin
Olenna
Doran
Oberyn
Margery
Loras
Stannis
Renly
Ned Stark
Jeor Mormont
Joffrey
Ramsay
Roose
Balon Greyjoy
Barristan Selmy
Mance
Hodor
Robert. He's the glue that held the shitfest together.

But I think in total, nobody would do much to stop any of the story lines.

Maybe Balon Greyjoy. If Euron doesn't get the salt throne maybe things change.

Who I'd most like to have back..... Drogo. Fucking Mamoa is awesome.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:26 PM 04-03-2019
Ros. I miss her ample boobage. :-)
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:41 PM 04-03-2019
Valerian Steel is the fantasy equivalent of Damascene. the swords made in damascus were so strong due to pattern welds. if you were to melt down and re cast metal blades that were originally pattern welded, you would end up with something like crucible steel but with impurities.

read the books and you will find out that Ice was cut into smaller pieces instead of melted down and re-cast
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:58 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Robert. He's the glue that held the shitfest together.

But I think in total, nobody would do much to stop any of the story lines.

Maybe Balon Greyjoy. If Euron doesn't get the salt throne maybe things change.

Who I'd most like to have back..... Drogo. Fucking Mamoa is awesome.
I agree. When Robert died everything basically went to shit.

I'd like to think Drogo being alive would have a big impact as well. Had he lived, the dragons are probably never born.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 386
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up