ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 194 of 319
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204244294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:36 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If I'm Bert Vatch I call him Monday morning and tell him I'll beat any other offer in writing.
Burt Vach will be calling at 12 am sharp
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 03-13-2021
lol yeah they’re waiting til Monday morning

Deals are already done
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
lol yeah they’re waiting til Monday morning

Deals are already done
Which is what makes me think that Veach has something already lined up.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 03-13-2021
Trent Williams and Corey Linsey?

You guys are hilarious :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:57 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Their highest cap hit on the offensive line right now is $4.5 with LDT. They have their LG and RT on rookie deals (if they want to stick with Allegretti). They can easily clear up to $40 million in cap space and Veach has been known to attack a unit that needs to be redone.

Chance of it happening with both of them? Like 25%
One of those though? I could definitely see it.

Reid isn’t going to put basically two rookie OTs in Week one. And Veach isn’t going wait till 31 to find someone to protect Patrick’s blindside.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:08 AM 03-13-2021

Cut Houston and trade Ford? You guys are hilarious.

Sign Frank Clark AND Honey Badger? You guys are hilarious.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:11 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Their highest cap hit on the offensive line right now is $4.5 with LDT. They have their LG and RT on rookie deals (if they want to stick with Allegretti). They can easily clear up to $40 million in cap space and Veach has been known to attack a unit that needs to be redone.

Chance of it happening with both of them? Like 25%
One of those though? I could definitely see it.

Reid isn’t going to put basically two rookie OTs in Week one. And Veach isn’t going wait till 31 to find someone to protect Patrick’s blindside.
If we manage to go into the season with Allegretti as our worst OL starter, then we’re in great shape.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:13 AM 03-13-2021

After cutting Fisher and Schwartz along with the restructuring of Mahomes contract we have $12 Million in cap space. If we take out $5 Million for the draft class we have roughly $7 Million currently to spend. I doubt we are done coming up with salary-cap space. Remember the first year of contracts is generally cheap.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:20 AM 03-13-2021
Williams-LDT-Dickerson- vet guard-Niang
[Reply]
RunKC 10:22 AM 03-13-2021
I think we already have our starting C. Nick Allegretti is idea for the job IMO. He just didn’t get a shot to play it last year bc he had to play G due to injuries and Reiter was still here.

He’s an okay guard but doesn’t have enough quickness to do the stunts and screens that Andy likes. He’s an ideal fit at C.

Here’s the scouting report on him from Terry Delp:

Originally Posted by :
“His best tape was at guard because he’s just a big, physical, mauler type guy,” Delp explained. “He’s really fun to watch, he gets after it, plays football hard. But he is athletic enough and versatile enough, you saw it in the East West (Game) to play center and he did a really good job at it.

“He played a little heavier during the year, so guard looked better and he lost some weight for the all-star game and looked really good at center. Definitely looking at a two-position guy in the NFL.”

One thing that influenced the Chiefs decision on Allegretti was his background as high school wrestler. It informs his understanding of leverage in a big way.

“It’s one of the first things we look at, we have to type in a report of high school stuff and wrestling is one of them,” Delp said. “You get excited when you see that in an offensive lineman because they understand leverage, it’s a mindset, it’s toughness. They really get an understanding of leverage so it’s a plus for sure.”

Another thing that the Chiefs value in Allegretti’s skill set is his intelligence. He may be a bit of a bore to to Delp, but his football smarts are top notch.

“He’s just a typical boring offensive lineman,” Delp said of Allegretti. “He’s a really smart one. He’s a 42 on his Wonderlic. He’s really into challenging himself with puzzles and all that stuff.”

Delp had the luxury of seeing Allegretti play center at the East-West Shring Game. That certainly helped his projection with the Chiefs. His smarts are also part of the reason that the Chiefs think Allegretti one day could be playing center for the team.

“There’s certain things that go into it to say he could transition to it,” Delp explained. “There’s athletic ability, the mental is big for center. Then, can he lead the offensive line. You’ve got to have confidence to make the calls, you’ve got to really lead that group and the group can tell if you don’t have command of it. That all goes in to it.

“His intelligence, he’s a natural leader, he’s a leader of the O-line room, the guys gravitate toward him, so there’s no question there. It was easy for me because you get to see him do it. The hard part is when you got to project it, and sometimes you’ve just got to go off athletic ability, intelligence, stuff like that.”

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 AM 03-13-2021
If they think that Allegretti is their center than I’d be interested to see if they spend money on a guard or decide to do what they’ve been doing and just find guys to fill in.

Williams - Meinerz - Allegretti - LDT - Niang

Or spend money on the LT and LG spot.

Williams - Thuney - Allegretti - LDT - Niang
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:26 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Williams-LDT-Dickerson- vet guard-Niang
It would be stupid to move LDT from RG to LG.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:27 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Cut Houston and trade Ford? You guys are hilarious.

Sign Frank Clark AND Honey Badger? You guys are hilarious.
I don’t doubt Veach will make multiple big moves. I just don’t see C as being one of them.

I really think DE is in play. It is a buyers market for that position. Outstanding depth in this FA class
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:31 AM 03-13-2021
I don’t doubt Veach will make multiple big moves. I just don’t see C as being one of them.

I really think DE is in play. It is a buyers market for that position. Outstanding depth in this FA class
I’m all for a rookie center if they get Trent Williams. I’d also expect a DE and WR in FA if they can find them, plus drafting those positions as well.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:33 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It would be stupid to move LDT from RG to LG.
Yes I put him in the wrong spot my bad let's get worked up about it
[Reply]
Page 194 of 319
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204244294 > Last »
Up