ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry, Houtston & Peters Not at Voluntary OTAs
Meatloaf 12:37 PM 05-23-2017
As per Terez Paylor via Arrowhead Addict.

Just thought I'd post this as a quick FYI. Carry on.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Because if they come up one millimeter short of where they were last year, with at least one playoff victory, they will have a squad of solid veterans they're trying to sell on the new guy right when they've squandered a year of their collective viability to let that new kid toy with their career like an entitled toddler.

And that's the bright side. That's not counting the risk of a prominent anchor or two of the team losing his career to injury in the mean time, or Mahomes getting lost in the fog of play and pulling a Dee Ford misreading a play and instead of just running the wrong direction on a tackle, running into a kneesplosion or an 'I'm Batman' situation.

I get it, you see Alex as a ceiling short of the SB and the story ends there. Try for a moment to imagine that his teammates see it differently.
Some solid points in this post....

Guys like DJ and Hali know that they have two years here max, and likely just one more... they obviously would think that Alex is their best chance to win in 2017. Nothing wrong with that. It is why the transition to Mahomes should be rather seamless. It will be the passing of the torch from one era to the next entirely.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:12 AM 06-15-2017
From the Mahomes perspective, I try to come up with different ways to view it. One thought that came to mind was to imagine yourself taking a huge job promotion. You are in line to become the CEO of a major company, and you have a little experience with that type of work at a much smaller business, but nothing quite like you are about to take on.

Now, there are two potential options. You can either be thrown into the fire as the head man immediately even though you and everyone else knows that you could use some time to learn about what the job entails and how it should properly be done at said level.... or, you get a window of time to train as an assistant to the person who you will soon be replacing. You get a few months to learn and see how to/or not to approach each situation.

When I think of it in a real world context like that, I always come away thinking that teams are absolutely foolish to not give rookie QBs a developmental window as the backup. Very few prospects are ready to make that jump.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:12 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Some solid points in this post....

Guys like DJ and Hali know that they have two years here max, and likely just one more... they obviously would think that Alex is their best chance to win in 2017. Nothing wrong with that. It is why the transition to Mahomes should be rather seamless. It will be the passing of the torch from one era to the next entirely.
Totally agree with this,

If Alex can win 10 or more games and get us into the Play-offs I'll take that right now. I'd rather that then be a joke team like the Jets.
[Reply]
thabear04 09:53 AM 06-15-2017
Gotta love Chris Jones energy.

https://instagram.com/p/BVXSvfwFfry/
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Because, it sucks.

They've finally decided the experiment with Alex Smith is over. There's only so much he can or is willing to do.

They didn't bring Mahomes in to train him to be Alex Smith. They brought him in to see if he can be the elete QB every team wants.
I think they brought him in to learn to be exactly like Alex in many ways. Mahomes rarely beat teams strictly from the pocket. He constantly moved out of clean pockets to try to make plays on the run. That's fine if you do that sometimes, but his foundation should be staying in the pocket, reading defenses and killing teams in the intermediate game most of the time.

They don't have to teach Mahomes much of anything on deep passes and deep accuracy, which made him a great prospect. They do need to teach him to play with good mechanics and learn the game.

Dak Prescott threw 65% of his passes short last season. Ton Brady does the same. Alex Smith does the same. All 3 won double digit games.

The strategy is successful. Andy is going to turn Mahomes into a WCO QB. I wouldn't expect to see Mahomes bombing deep balls down the field a ton bc that's not how Andy's offense works. Definitely more than Alex though.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:07 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by thabear04:

I'm here in Alaska and you're still gonna be here in Kansas City ������
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:11 AM 06-15-2017

:-)

Skeeel Player, Skeel player!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 06-15-2017

Chris Jones is great man. Fucking love that guy
[Reply]
BossChief 12:04 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think they brought him in to learn to be exactly like Alex in many ways. Mahomes rarely beat teams strictly from the pocket. He constantly moved out of clean pockets to try to make plays on the run. That's fine if you do that sometimes, but his foundation should be staying in the pocket, reading defenses and killing teams in the intermediate game most of the time.

They don't have to teach Mahomes much of anything on deep passes and deep accuracy, which made him a great prospect. They do need to teach him to play with good mechanics and learn the game.

Dak Prescott threw 65% of his passes short last season. Ton Brady does the same. Alex Smith does the same. All 3 won double digit games.

The strategy is successful. Andy is going to turn Mahomes into a WCO QB. I wouldn't expect to see Mahomes bombing deep balls down the field a ton bc that's not how Andy's offense works. Definitely more than Alex though.
That's been proven untrue multiple times by looking at Vick and Mcnabbs stats and espn split stats.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That's been proven untrue multiple times by looking at Vick and Mcnabbs stats and espn split stats.
Context matters.

Vick threw 55 passes over 20 yards in 2010 and 50 in 2011. Alex obviously threw few bc our WR's weren't great and he was scared to.

Even still, Alex had 40 passes over 20 yards last season. Vick's highest average was 4.5 passes downfield to Alex's best 2.5, and Vick had a young Maclin and DeSean.

2 more deep passes a game isn't proving your point.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:32 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Even still, Alex had 40 passes over 20 yards last season. Vick's highest average was 4.5 passes downfield to Alex's best 2.5, and Vick had a young Maclin and DeSean.

2 more deep passes a game isn't proving your point.
In this case, 2 is a pretty big difference. If your numbers are right, Vick threw the ball downfield 80% more often than Alex Smith. That does matter.

What is the league average anyway? That would make your point better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:38 PM 06-15-2017
FYI:
NFLN is previewing the Chiefs tonight at 6pm on Total Access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:42 PM 06-15-2017
Looks like Andy has lost some weight...

[Reply]
RunKC 12:45 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
In this case, 2 is a pretty big difference. If your numbers are right, Vick threw the ball downfield 80% more often than Alex Smith. That does matter.

What is the league average anyway? That would make your point better.
I thought 6 a game would be high end and 4 average.

Big Ben was 5 last year and Luck was 5.6 as a rookie.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12:48 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Looks like Andy has lost some weight...

Is that a good thing? Idk if im just not used to him being fat or not, but he looks a little unhealthy
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up