ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 404 of 464
« First < 304354394400401402403404 405406407408414454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:23 PM 04-09-2022
tiger is not hitting puts well at all
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:05 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Scottie seems like a player that in 3 years will drop to relative obscurity after this obscene run ends. Similar to Koepka and never to be heard from again.
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's 25 years old, so I'm going to guess no on that.

Koepka is also top 20 in the world right now as it is.
If you look at the history of modern golf, most good but not great players do almost all of their winning and close contention in majors in about an 18 month span.

Harrington
Molinari
Nick Price
Mark O'Meara
Tom Lehman
Justin Leonard
Fred Couples

And honestly, guys like Spieth, McIlroy, and Koepka have followed a similar pattern.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:27 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you look at the history of modern golf, most good but not great players do almost all of their winning and close contention in majors in about an 18 month span.

Harrington
Molinari
Nick Price
Mark O'Meara
Tom Lehman
Justin Leonard
Fred Couples

And honestly, guys like Spieth, McIlroy, and Koepka have followed a similar pattern.
Other than Tiger Woods, nobody really wins majors at the rate that Spieth, Rory, and Koepka did for very long. Doesn't mean they are going to completely fall off the map (and those three haven't either even though Spieth is lost right now).

Scheffler obviously is on a hot streak and isn't going to win at this rate forever but he's also a huge talent (more so than Spieth or Koepka, I'd argue) and he's almost certainly not going anywhere for a while.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:35 PM 04-09-2022
Other than Tiger Woods, nobody really wins majors at the rate that Spieth, Rory, and Koepka did for very long. Doesn't mean they are going to completely fall off the map (and those three haven't either even though Spieth is lost right now).

Scheffler obviously is on a hot streak and isn't going to win at this rate forever but he's also a huge talent (more so than Spieth or Koepka, I'd argue) and he's almost certainly not going anywhere for a while.
It's not even a rate, though. It is compressed into a short time frame and then it's over. You aren't going to see guys winning majors over 15+ year spans like Tiger, Phil, and Els anymore.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:39 PM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not even a rate, though. It is compressed into a short time frame and then it's over. You aren't going to see guys winning majors over 15+ year spans like Tiger, Phil, and Els anymore.
Well Tiger and Phil at least are arguably two of the best 10 golfers ever. If another top 10 golfer ever talent-wise came along at some point, I'm not sure why that wouldn't happen.
[Reply]
srvy 12:34 PM 04-10-2022
I watched that Jim Nance Interview documentary thing before the Masters it was pretty good. One thing I noticed that was very odd in my opinion when they were in the Butler Cabin to give tiger the green Jacket and maybe it was nothing. Nick Faldo was last year's chap and he is there to provide him with his jacket. In past Masters, I always see the coat rack with the jacket freshly pressed hanging and past winner takes off the rack and holds it for the new champ. Nick Faldo was seated the coat on the floor next to him. He drags it across the carpet and stands to place it over Tiger's shoulder then proceeds to rip him about his red shirt horribly clashing with the green Jacket.

It may have been nothing but seemed classless and odd. I always thought Faldo was a arrogant doofus anyway.
[Reply]
scho63 01:56 PM 04-10-2022
Those fairways and greens are just unbelievable. They look like they haven't been played on by anyone.

How the fuck do they do it?

Best course shape on Day 4 that I can ever remember for any tournament
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:20 PM 04-10-2022
Hard to say that a guy who birdied the 1st 2 holes choked, but Smith making bogey on the next 2 was close. Especially when Sheffler was struggling.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:23 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Hard to say that a guy who birdied the 1st 2 holes choked, but Smith making bogey on the next 2 was close. Especially when Sheffler was struggling.
He's been choking since Scheffler chipped in on 3 IMO

All kinds of missed shots
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 02:38 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by beavis:
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir.
But do you slice?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:28 PM 04-10-2022
Smith gets to within 3 again and then dunks one in the water on 12. Scheffler isn't gonna have to do much to win this at all.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:33 PM 04-10-2022
Smith gets to within 3 again and then dunks one in the water on 12. Scheffler isn't gonna have to do much to win this at all.
Yep.. Its over..
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:35 PM 04-10-2022
Looks like Jay Leno is winning this.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 04:37 PM 04-10-2022
This has been a very enjoyable day watching the masters. That’s all.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:06 PM 04-10-2022
Can Tiger go away permanently?

Dude gets all kinds of coverage for shooting +13.
[Reply]
Page 404 of 464
« First < 304354394400401402403404 405406407408414454 > Last »
Up