ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:33 AM 04-02-2024
Apparently, Kugel shot really poorly in the non con then shot 40% from 3 during SEC play.

That’s kinda what Jalen Wilson did in 2022.

Kugel is likely more of a 36-40% 3 point shooter.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:15 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I care. Timberlake wasn't even in their Top 25 last year.
And? He might have been closer to bottom 25.

So you think that 99% of the players in the portal suck?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:31 AM 04-02-2024
I have better faith in portal rankings than HS basketball recruit rankings. At least the barometer for those are based off collegiate level competition and production.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:32 AM 04-02-2024
UCONN, Houston, and Arizona all wanted Kugel too.

That means more than any ranking.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:56 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
UCONN, Houston, and Arizona all wanted Kugel too.

That means more than any ranking.
And Timberlake chose KU out of UConn and UNC last year...sooooo
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:58 AM 04-02-2024
And Timberlake chose KU out of UConn and UNC last year...sooooo
So there’s no perfect method to evaluate players, but I’ll trust the best coaches in the game (with actual skin in the game) over any ranking to get it right more often.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 PM 04-02-2024
So there’s no perfect method to evaluate players, but I’ll trust the best coaches in the game (with actual skin in the game) over any ranking to get it right more often.
Two years of evidence in the college game that he sucks...and everyone is like ya but he might not suck. Hes a backup plan if we strike out with McNeeley or another good wing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:17 PM 04-02-2024
Two years of evidence in the college game that he sucks...and everyone is like ya but he might not suck. Hes a backup plan if we strike out with McNeeley or another good wing.
He’s just a piece. He isn’t a solution.

McNeeley is absolutely plan A. McNeeley and Furphy with Kugel off the bench is my ideal.

Then grab Mayo to back up Harris and our guard/wing situation is substantially better. That assumes we get nothing out of the freshmen too.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:22 PM 04-02-2024

McNeeley is absolutely plan A. McNeeley and Furphy with Kugel off the bench is my ideal.

Then grab Mayo to back up Harris and our guard/wing situation is substantially better. That assumes we get nothing out of the freshmen too.
I sure hope Mayo is not the backup PG with his close to 1:1 assist to turnover ratio. He has the same assist to turnover ratio as baby Marko had this year.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:38 PM 04-02-2024
KJ announces he is coming back.

Bill Self is partying at the Salty Iguana tonight to celebrate.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:15 PM 04-02-2024
I sure hope Mayo is not the backup PG with his close to 1:1 assist to turnover ratio. He has the same assist to turnover ratio as baby Marko had this year.

Well he shoots like 40% from 3 and like 90% free throw so I'd take his turnovers easily
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:49 PM 04-02-2024

I think Furphy/McNeeley is an either/or situation. I've heard that McNeeley's waiting to see what Furphy does.

Not sure which I'd rather have, tbh. I think McNeeley's the better shooter and has more potential, but I have no idea which player would be more productive next year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:25 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think Furphy/McNeeley is an either/or situation. I've heard that McNeeley's waiting to see what Furphy does.

Not sure which I'd rather have, tbh. I think McNeeley's the better shooter and has more potential, but I have no idea which player would be more productive next year.
Yeah no idea how likely it is, but that’s my ideal.

I think the two together would maximize each other’s games.

The spacing they’d create would be incredible.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:59 PM 04-02-2024
KJ announces he is coming back.

Bill Self is partying at the Salty Iguana tonight to celebrate.
Who thought he wouldn't be back?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:02 PM 04-02-2024
Zeke
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up