ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chad Henne is a badass thread.
SupDock 05:10 PM 01-17-2021
The stones. Put his body on the line when it mattered the most

He knew he didn't want to be remembered for that interception

#HenneThingIsPossible pic.twitter.com/2TkkWiyf0p

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) January 17, 2021

[Reply]
COchief 05:54 PM 01-18-2021
Just a few highlights from the largest and most widely read NFL writer on the planet's column today for all of the dumb fucks who thought Henne did nothing special.

Peter King FMIA

Hmmm let's start with the title:
FMIA Divisional Round: Chiefs Prove HenneThing Is Possible, Beat Browns

How about the lead story:
The Lead: Chad Henne

Players of the week:
Offensive Players of the Week
Chad Henne, quarterback, Kansas City
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:24 PM 01-18-2021
"The Chad Henne game" aka "The call". Fun to listen to Sharpe describe that play and its history. Turns out the play was originally designed by Walsh and it was the Montana and Clark "the catch" play, which was covered and Montana had to throw it up. Sharpe describes the only way to defend it. Skip to 11:30.

[Reply]
eDave 06:27 PM 01-18-2021
Skip was reasonable today.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:40 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Wattage4451:
Would you be happier if ontthe previous set of downs henne didnt make a key completion on 3rd down and the chiefs punted the ball instead of the interception? What difference would that really have made?

Like it was a bad throw, but it wasnt a pick six and you are so hung up on that one play. Youre acting like he made it first play he came in game or that it was a pick six.

He made some nice plays earlier in the drive to drive down the field and wouldnt have even been in a position to make that interception if he didnt make nice plays earlier in the drive.

Im not praising henne as a savior, just pointing out your matt moore obsession and hangup on one play is silly.

Unforgivable is too much. But you cannot cannot throw a pick there. We were in striking distance of field goal range and that turns it into an 8 point game. It was a huge miss.

But yeah, i love his final drive. Gutsy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:42 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
While I'm STILL a Moore guy, you'll never see me bagging on Henne again

The Hell Or High Water run showed his heart, and that 4th & 1 to Reek showed his skill... and that pass was clutch, whew...

I dont care how short it was it had to come out quick and accurate... it would've been sooo easy for a lesser player to let the moment and his nerves get the best of him there, and shank it wide or too far inside
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:46 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
While I'm STILL a Moore guy, you'll never see me bagging on Henne again

The Hell Or High Water run showed his heart, and that 4th & 1 to Reek showed his skill... and that pass was clutch, whew...

I dont care how short it was it had to come out quick and accurate... it would've been sooo easy for a lesser player to let the moment and his nerves get the best of him there, and shank it wide or too far inside
Moore won us games last season that we needed with Mahomes out.

Henne did the same shit last night to keep us going.

Respect to both of them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:49 PM 01-18-2021
I never thought Henne could actually run for that first down. Of course, he ultimately didn't, but he got to within a foot or so of the marker, and I knew he couldn't get anywhere close to it. I was yelling at the TV the moment he decided to run for it, "NOOOOO, YOU IDIOT!!! THROW THE BALL!!!"

And then he came within inches somehow. I figured later that he must've run faster than he's ever run in his life to make that run.
[Reply]
eDave 06:52 PM 01-18-2021
He's not a badass. He was a badass.
[Reply]
SupDock 06:58 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
He's not a badass. He was a badass.
I could be convinced to put an asterisk in the title
[Reply]
SupDock 06:42 PM 01-21-2023
Stepped up again. Badass
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:43 PM 01-21-2023
I've planning his exit :shameful:
[Reply]
TLO 06:44 PM 01-21-2023
We got really really lucky on the ball he threw that got tipped.

Beyond that, he was NAILS. Very impressive.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:00 PM 01-21-2023
Extend Henne
[Reply]
Munson 07:02 PM 01-21-2023

“This ball goes to Chad Henne!”

Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes shout-out the #ChiefsKingdom QB who stepped up BIG for the Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/lX1VuiwIWf

— Sunday Night Football on NBC (@SNFonNBC) January 22, 2023

[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:03 PM 01-21-2023

[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up