ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chad Henne is a badass thread.
SupDock 05:10 PM 01-17-2021
The stones. Put his body on the line when it mattered the most

He knew he didn't want to be remembered for that interception

#HenneThingIsPossible pic.twitter.com/2TkkWiyf0p

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) January 17, 2021

[Reply]
MahiMike 09:39 PM 01-17-2021
My second favorite QB in the league!
[Reply]
tk13 11:28 PM 01-17-2021
Occurred to me that Henne joined a pretty unique list. Chiefs QBs who completed more than 1 pass in a playoff win. If I have it right, it's:

Len Dawson
Steve DeBerg
Joe Montana
Alex Smith
Patrick Mahomes
Chad Henne
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:29 PM 01-17-2021
What the fuck :-)

https://youtu.be/n8bzZEtOcb8
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:06 AM 01-18-2021
If Chiefs go on to win the Super Bowl, he will have a special place in Kansas City Sports lore. All because of a scramble and a 5 yard out pass.

Life is good being the backup QB in KC. Ask Matt Moore.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:31 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Andy took responsibility for that.
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
But didn’t elaborate.
I think Andy got a little too cute in his own head. Realized it was heavily favoring a draw or screen play with the down, yardage, field goal range, and backup QB in. I think he thought the Browns would send a safety up to help and leave one of the receivers open up top. Unfortunately the Browns sat back and played it conservative. The only check down options Henne had were Sherman or Williams who both just released from their blocks when Henne threw it up. Just a completely aggressive play call under the circumstances. That one didn’t pay off but luckily his next gutsy one did.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:32 AM 01-18-2021
Not sure if this was posted.

I believe Chad Henne just said his only social media exposure is LinkedIn and I am now deceased.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) January 18, 2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:06 AM 01-18-2021
After reviewing the highlights of Henne's play, i feel I might've judged him too harshly initially. Yeah, the INT was bad, but overall he played okay. Not great, but well enough. The rushes were great though. The 12.9 yarder was epic. And the 4th down pass was really nice. Played it off really well, and delivered a perfect strike to Hill. I know, it was literally 5 air yards, but in that situation, to ice the game, from a back-up QB thrust into the game by injury . . . well, we've all seen back-ups eff that up before.

Henne did a nice job. Game ball should go to him for having big brass balls and coming through at the end.
[Reply]
-King- 01:13 AM 01-18-2021

Dude at 2:40 when he sees they actually snapped the ball :-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:21 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
After reviewing the highlights of Henne's play, i feel I might've judged him too harshly initially. Yeah, the INT was bad, but overall he played okay. Not great, but well enough. The rushes were great though. The 12.9 yarder was epic. And the 4th down pass was really nice. Played it off really well, and delivered a perfect strike to Hill. I know, it was literally 5 air yards, but in that situation, to ice the game, from a back-up QB thrust into the game by injury . . . well, we've all seen back-ups eff that up before.

Henne did a nice job. Game ball should go to him for having big brass balls and coming through at the end.
Its even more impressive because its a playoff game. Even good regular season QBs regularly shit the bed in the playoffs, simply because its another level of pressure. For our BACKUP to come back in after that awful INT and pull off back-to-back insane plays to seal the game is pretty outstanding.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:33 AM 01-18-2021
He sucked shit. Most awful interception we as a franchise has seen in a long time. I'm team Moore. MORE MOORE.

MOORE MOORE MOORE MOORE.

Fuck henne.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:34 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Its even more impressive because its a playoff game. Even good regular season QBs regularly shit the bed in the playoffs, simply because its another level of pressure. For our BACKUP to come back in after that awful INT and pull off back-to-back insane plays to seal the game is pretty outstanding.
Yeah, have to agree. And statistically he played decently. 6/8 passing, 66 yds, 8.3yds/att, which is well above average. Not bad for his first career playoff game performance.
[Reply]
tk13 01:39 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Really he only made one awful decision. And it was no doubt a horrible decision. But he really didn't play like a "game manager" out there. He took some risks and moved the ball downfield. Had a couple 20 yard passes to Tyreek and Kelce and made a smart throw to Williams for a 1st down.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 AM 01-18-2021
I always expect the Backup QB to throw at least 1 INT if they’re entering a game in progress. Practice Speed is way different than Game Speed and it takes a while to get into a rhythm when the guys are already hot.

The INT, while ugly, wasn’t a game changer or a Pick 6 so in that regard, it was more like a punt. While it would have been nice to have had a chance to try another FG, it could have been far worse.

And no, I wouldn’t trust Moore over Henne because Andy Reid the OG QB Whisper.

Whatever he thinks is right, is right.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:49 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I always expect the Backup QB to throw at least 1 INT if they’re entering a game in progress.
Agreed. Especially with how windy it was out there. Even though that drive ended with an INT, he made a couple big first downs that helped burn a couple more minutes off the clock which was obviously huge. This 4th quarter was totally an "escape or die" moment and what can ya say. The guy made a MacGyver-like escape at the end and saved the day.
[Reply]
GingaChief 04:24 AM 01-18-2021
I'll just leave this here..

[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up