ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 119
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 05:56 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fouling the 3 point shot with one second left? :-)
I know what you're saying, mindless freshmen. BUT, without him, they wouldn't even be in the game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:58 PM 12-08-2020
Good rebound attempt from McCormack at the end there. Guy can't jump. :-)

Also, Wilson will learn from that. He didn't really foul him but even doing what he did gives a smart player a chance to jump into you. He basically singlehandedly won them the game otherwise. I'm ready to say he's a safe lottery pick after this performance.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:59 PM 12-08-2020
2 good takes here.

Freshmen getting some playing experience.

We win.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:00 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's just not quick enough to get out to the shooter on the screen. We're lucky the guy missed and it's Self's fault for having him out there.
I know we are bagging on him pretty good in here. But, Self didn't all of a sudden get stupid. Whats he doing with him that we are not seeing? Wheres the potential that we are not seeing?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:02 PM 12-08-2020
I know we are bagging on him pretty good in here. But, Self didn't all of a sudden get stupid. Whats he doing with him that we are not seeing? Wheres the potential that we are not seeing?
Oh I'm convinced Self has him out there to build his confidence and make him a possibly productive player down the road (in what was probably his best game of the year), nothing more. If he gave a shit about this particular game, he'd have taken him out there and played with five guards. They're much better defensively when they do that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I know what you're saying, mindless freshmen. BUT, without him, they wouldn't even be in the game.
True. If we do anything in the tournament this year, he's going to be key. And he'll be a one and done player. :-)
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:09 PM 12-08-2020
Bill is still engraved with the Hi - Lo offense, the mentality of getting the ball in close has always been the way to score. The increased shot percentages drives all coaches to want to get it in close. Plus getting an inside scorer helps to pack the D closer to open up the outside shot.

If McCormack would show some defense, more rebounds, it would make it a little more easier to swallow McCormack being out there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:39 PM 12-08-2020

Since the poll era began in 1948-49, this is the 2nd time Kansas has won an AP Top-10 matchup by a one-point margin.

The other came in February 2012 when Bill Self and the No. 4 Jayhawks defeated No. 3 Missouri 87-86 in overtime. pic.twitter.com/8PppB6QMv2

— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 9, 2020

Important information.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:41 PM 12-08-2020
Always nice to remember how much we dominated the mutts.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:08 PM 12-08-2020

Important information.
That was by far the best game I’ve ever attended of any sport. An absolute classic and great atmosphere. I’ve never seen fans so invested in any game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:13 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That was by far the best game I’ve ever attended of any sport. An absolute classic and great atmosphere. I’ve never seen fans so invested in any game.
I also attended it and it's in the top 3 for me (the Bautista bat flip game for the Blue Jays and the Kawhi Leonard series walkoff shot game for the Raptors being there as well). I've been asked that question many times and I've always made sure to mention it. People are generally puzzled at the response (considering it was a February regular season NCAA game), but you had to be there to feel it.
[Reply]
DJay23 07:13 PM 12-08-2020

Important information.
I was so jacked up after that game I had to go for a run. It was more like a sprint. I was shaking at the final buzzer.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:16 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
McCormack playing well
5-12 from the FG while shooting nothing outside 15 feet. I have no idea why he thinks he's Hakeem Olajuwon or something shooting all these fadeaways while weighing 265 lbs. He does NOT use his body well, even though he actually did moreso in this game than any other and he still sucked. This team with an elite shot blocker would be a potential #1 seed. Without they are a #3 or #4 seed. Mitch can block shots but he isn't very good defensively otherwise.

Enaruna is long and can block shots, I'd like to see the line up with Wilson and Enaruna in at the 4 and 5 against the right teams.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:20 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Calling the conference title at this point is like talking about the Chiefs going undefeated after week 2. Baylor whooped KU early last year and KU improved enough to knock them off late.

And the ceiling as a 3-4 seed is laughable if you've watched the last 10-15 years of KU hoops.
So I think our ceiling is #2 seed, Floor about #5. Thank god for Jalen Wilson, though. We have alot of guys who aren't very skilled and can't get their own shot. The only guys who can really get their shot are Bryce Thompson and Jalen Wilson somewhat. This team has no rim protector with McCormack. The good news is we have the potential to have the best backcourt defensive team in the nation in Harris, Garrett and Agbaji (even though he's an overrated defender but still very good).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:21 PM 12-08-2020
I'd be surprised if KU wasn't a top 2 seed. Jalen Wilson is really, really good and Self has shown he recognizes what McCormack is in situations where he has truly wanted the win. They will go small when it matters.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 119
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up