< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>McCoy?
ROYC75 12:34 AM 01-21-2020
What the hell is going on with him?
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:47 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) No it didn't.
He fumbled in the redzone vs. Indy after a long run...and I swore it was McCoy that fumbled against the Packers after KC just got momentum.
[Reply]
Spott 12:01 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He fumbled in the redzone vs. Indy after a long run...and I swore it was McCoy that fumbled against the Packers after KC just got momentum.
Those were both McCoy fumbles.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:33 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I was telling my wife when Darwin Thompson was in the game that the rookie makes me nervous.

Still, though, Shady's fumbles were no flukes. Him holding the ball out for defenders to knock it out is something a veteran back of his caliber should know better than to do.
HE WASN'T HOLDING THE BALL OUT LIKE A LOAF OF BREAD FOR ANY OF HIS FUMBLES. GO BACK AND WATCH THE GAME FILM.

JFC. Who comes up with this shit?

Look, here's how it is. Darwin is a nice kid and has some skills, albeit he's small. His issues are that he can't read a blitz and he misses both blocks and doesn't seem to understand when he's the hot route. Because he's a rookie.

We are getting ready to play the biggest game in Chiefs history. As a predominantly passing offense. Which means our RBs have to be good at pass pro, particularly against this defense, which is one of the best pass rushing Ds in the league.

Do we really want a rookie who has already shown in the playoffs a weakness in his pass pro abilities standfing next to Pat, or a veteran with playoff experience with an A rating in pass pro?

Or let me put it another way: if this was team "X" and Bill Belichick was the HC, and he had to choose between RB-2 and RB-3, with RB-2 being a rookie that does't pass pro well, and is very average as a receiver, vs. RB-3 that is an above-average pass pro guy, an above-average receiver, and RB-3 had a couple fumbles in the first half of this season, but in ten years had no fumble issues, which one do you think Bill would choose to be RB-2 in the Super Bowl?

Does it make sense at all to have Darwin in front of Shady now?
[Reply]
nychief 01:42 PM 01-21-2020
I think Shady is washed as a runner... that being said, It wouldn't surprise me to see him get touches in the super bowl. He can still block and pride is powerful thing.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:50 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
You always have to wonder how much of the game inside the game is going on with Shady

We haven't played him in weeks so everyone probably forgot about him
Fresh legs.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:05 PM 01-21-2020
it seemed to me like darwin was focused on his route took the number of steps he was supposed and turned, the pass was very hurried, i dont put that on him.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:05 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
HE WASN'T HOLDING THE BALL OUT LIKE A LOAF OF BREAD FOR ANY OF HIS FUMBLES. GO BACK AND WATCH THE GAME FILM.

JFC. Who comes up with this shit?

Look, here's how it is. Darwin is a nice kid and has some skills, albeit he's small. His issues are that he can't read a blitz and he misses both blocks and doesn't seem to understand when he's the hot route. Because he's a rookie.

We are getting ready to play the biggest game in Chiefs history. As a predominantly passing offense. Which means our RBs have to be good at pass pro, particularly against this defense, which is one of the best pass rushing Ds in the league.

Do we really want a rookie who has already shown in the playoffs a weakness in his pass pro abilities standfing next to Pat, or a veteran with playoff experience with an A rating in pass pro?

Or let me put it another way: if this was team "X" and Bill Belichick was the HC, and he had to choose between RB-2 and RB-3, with RB-2 being a rookie that does't pass pro well, and is very average as a receiver, vs. RB-3 that is an above-average pass pro guy, an above-average receiver, and RB-3 had a couple fumbles in the first half of this season, but in ten years had no fumble issues, which one do you think Bill would choose to be RB-2 in the Super Bowl?

Does it make sense at all to have Darwin in front of Shady now?
I could have sworn that somebody here posted a GIF of one of his fumbles where he was holding the ball out instead of tucked in tight to his body (i think it was the GB one), and it was pretty much a consensus that he was not holding the ball securely going through a ton of traffic. From watching the fumble replays when they happened over and over, it looked that way to me.

But either way, mccoy has had a bad habit of holding the ball out like a loaf of bread for years. It was his reputation in philly. Just google image search "lesean mccoy holding the ball out on fumble" and a ton of pics come up with him holding the ball way outside his body with one hand. Maybe it hasn't bitten him in the butt that many times over the many years he's played, but it's a risk we shouldn't take. I'd rather risk darwin missing a hot route or a block b/c that is something that mahomes has a good chance to compensate for. Mahomes can't prevent mccoy from fumbling at an inopportune time.

[Reply]
notorious 02:12 PM 01-21-2020
BB would decide based on what the cheating report shows.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:20 PM 01-21-2020
White people hate shady because he doesn't hold the ball with two hands and doesn't tuck his short in. They forget how explosive he is when he gets the ball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:39 PM 01-21-2020
McCoy 25 fumbles in 10 years.

Barry Sanders 27 fumbles in 10 years

Walter Payton 86 fumbles in 12 years.

25 is less than 27 or 86.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:45 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
McCoy 25 fumbles in 10 years.

Barry Sanders 27 fumbles in 10 years

Walter Payton 86 fumbles in 12 years.

25 is less than 27 or 86.
I guess LeSean McCoy is better than Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. Can't argue the facts!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:49 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I guess LeSean McCoy is better than Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. Can't argue the facts!
Shady has been better at ball security. In fact, if anyone bothers to look, when it comes to ball security, Shady is better than the top 10 RBs in league history.

But don't let facts get in the way of your dumb narratives about McCoy.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:55 PM 01-21-2020
I expect him to dress for the bowl, I don't think there is anyway Andy Reid doesn't dress a vet maybe in his last year that is a borderline HOFer for that game.

Not to mention after watching Darwin Thompson let a ball hit him right in the back, McCoy might be better suited for that sub in role.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:56 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I think he comes in for some plays and has two nice gains off of screens.
And then fumbles, no thanks, Lets roll with the people who got us here,
[Reply]
BossChief 03:00 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
it seemed to me like darwin was focused on his route took the number of steps he was supposed and turned, the pass was very hurried, i dont put that on him.
He has a long ways to go. On the recovered fumble on the kickoff, he almost stopped because he still thought this was college where you can’t advance a fumble. That’s a red flag. Not picking up the blitz or getting his head around for a hot read catch was pretty inexcusable in that situation. Especially in a game as big as the AFCCG.

I still think the kid will be a lead back for us. It’s just going to take more time than most of us realized.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up