ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 04-12-2023
New thread to discuss all things MU Basketball related heading into year 2 of the Gates era.

Thus far we've had a couple of misses in the portal and lost a non-factor. I suppose I can update the OP as roster changes come about.

Updates:

2023-2024 roster:

Spoiler!

Is it just me or is that a MASSIVE roster?

Departures: Hodge, Gomillion, Gholston, Sterberg (eligibility). Brown, Mosely (pro), DeGray, Diarra (transfer)

2024 Commitment list:

Marcus Allen -- 4* forward
Antonio (T.O.) Barrett -- 4* Guard
Peyton Marshall -- 4* Center
Annor Boateng -- 4* Guard
Trent Burns -- 4* Center

Probable Rotation:
Spoiler!

Schedule:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
|Zach| 05:26 AM 11-17-2023
They were having a lot of fun out there in the end. Great to see so much of that from the two big revenue sports right now.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:21 AM 11-17-2023

Never a doubt...#MIZ �� pic.twitter.com/7HC69eSsMo

— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) November 17, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:56 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Spoken from the guy who started the biggest virtue signaling thread in CP history. Mods can we sweep out this racist trash?
Ahhh CP Democrat racism. Amazing. Had you said black you’d be banned by now.
Explaining away racism. I bet you love telling people how your friends are not white. Racist.
Holy fuck, shut up you fucking blowhard.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:00 AM 11-17-2023
When we went down 20 Nick Honor went on a 10-2 run in 2 minutes lmao. That's nuts.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:52 PM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
When we went down 20 Nick Honor went on a 10-2 run in 2 minutes lmao. That's nuts.
Yup, and I still don't love him. I should give him more credit for being the grizzled vet, but the kids just have so much energy and are so fun to watch.

That being said, you're right and we don't win without his incredibly timely contribution.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:14 PM 11-19-2023
Honeymoon over for Gates yet

FINAL: Jackson State 73, #Mizzou 72.

— ESPN100.5/105.1 KTGR (@KTGRsports) November 20, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:17 PM 11-19-2023
Eh.

Again, this team isn't ready for much. Needs too much from guys who aren't ready or just aren't that talented.

It's gonna be a mediocre season. Wasn't hard to see this coming. It's a year for development and building towards the next two years.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:19 PM 11-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Everyone gets that you're upset; nobody cares. I don't dislike the players because they're white; I dislike them because they have either played poorly or haven't really done anything positive at all. That's it.

At this point, you should probably take your DC bullshit back to DC and I'll try to refrain from referring to any talentless-portal-hopping-hack by anything other than their completely unskilled-names. Sound good, Karen?
Lmao I forgot. He can't.

Was a useless pile of shit there too and got his post count reset :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:38 PM 11-19-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Honeymoon over for Gates yet
Definitely not. Why would it be?
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:42 PM 11-19-2023
Jax St 309 in the KenPom, worst loss since he started tracking in 1999. For context UMKC was 286 when they beat us...per a tweet I saw.

As brutal as losses get.

Hard to imagine this team making the tournament if they can lose to an 0-5 team that's this bad.

The hope is in the incoming class & whatever the portal can bring.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:13 PM 11-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh.

Again, this team isn't ready for much. Needs too much from guys who aren't ready or just aren't that talented.

It's gonna be a mediocre season. Wasn't hard to see this coming. It's a year for development and building towards the next two years.
That's why I was glad to get the ink dry on those signatures. Youth WILL be served in a year or so.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:23 PM 11-19-2023
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Jax St 309 in the KenPom, worst loss since he started tracking in 1999. For context UMKC was 286 when they beat us...per a tweet I saw.

As brutal as losses get.

Hard to imagine this team making the tournament if they can lose to an 0-5 team that's this bad.

The hope is in the incoming class & whatever the portal can bring.
Eh what's the difference between losing to the 309th worse team and the 200th worse team?
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:38 AM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Eh what's the difference between losing to the 309th worse team and the 200th worse team?
This early of course a lot can change and these metrics can really vary when comparing teams so I know what you’re saying - I think it’s just a way (for me at least) to frame the quality of an opponent I know little about. That and the now 1-5 record.

Apparently Iowa lost to a team ranked lower than them last yr and still made the tournament which I’m sure is an outlier but gives a little hope if they can come together and improve.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:09 AM 11-20-2023
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
This early of course a lot can change and these metrics can really vary when comparing teams so I know what you’re saying - I think it’s just a way (for me at least) to frame the quality of an opponent I know little about. That and the now 1-5 record.

Apparently Iowa lost to a team ranked lower than them last yr and still made the tournament which I’m sure is an outlier but gives a little hope if they can come together and improve.
I don't think this team is a tourney team. We don't have enough scoring power to keep up with even slightly good teams. Next year should be better and if we can snag a top transfer guy than we should be a tourney team. We lost too much fire power from last year and we didn't replace it.
[Reply]
warpaint* 12:41 PM 11-20-2023
I think you are right but would prefer to hope for a little longer. That and Gates showed coaching chops last yr and teams do grow over the course of a season. Slim to none but slim just the same.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up