ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 59
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
The Lounge>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:41 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't know how anyone can be a 10 when there's so much suffering to come from others. This is beyond tragic for the majority of the world.

Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:44 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

:-)
Yeah, he REALLY looks like the douchebag here...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:47 AM 03-22-2020
I work from home on computer but I have lost a good chunk of income with trade shows being canceled. On the other hand, it's a nice break from traveling and I am getting some personal projects done I was not able to or put off before. I really wouldn't want to fly right now to be on the safe-side. I have enough food, water, paper goods etc. I have gone out to Lowes or Home Depot to do spring planting, take walks and to get sunshine. I feel good and have taken preventative health actions to boost my immunity and wash my hands and moisturize them constantly. Tho' I do that anyway, because I prepare food, cook and bake.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:52 AM 03-22-2020
I went with a 5. I'm not nearly as worked up about this as a lot of people. I have plenty of food, ammo, etc. and know plenty about survival. I'm prepared to hole up for a longtime if needed. On the down side, it cost me my job and I'm really worried about my elderly parents. If I were to get it, I'm sure I would beat it, if not, it's been a hell of a run, no regrets. My folks on the hand, may not come out of is as well, so that's my primary stressor.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:54 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

:-)
Nah, people are absolutely welcome to feel however they choose. If I were solely thinking of myself when answering this poll, I'd be a 10. Just had my first kid - a perfectly healthy boy. Had my best day at work of my career on Friday. Things are wonderful if I just focus on myself. But then I see friends of mine who work at restaurants and bars who are out of work and scared about how they'll pay their rent. How they'll afford food.

And yes, I have offered to help people financially in these situations. But there are an unlimited amount of others suffering the same fate. And as this will be prolonged, there are others who think they're fine now who likely won't be in a few months. And I just think it's pretty narrow-minded to ignore that.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:56 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I work from home on computer but I have lost a good chunk of income with trade shows being canceled. On the other hand, it's a nice break from traveling and I am getting some personal projects done I was not able to or put off before. I really wouldn't want to fly right now to be on the safe-side. I have enough food, water, paper goods etc. I have gone out to Lowes or Home Depot to do spring planting, take walks and to get sunshine. I feel good and have taken preventative health actions to boost my immunity and wash my hands and moisturize them constantly. Tho' I do that anyway, because I prepare food, cook and bake.
My cooking skills are getting better.
I got through a box of Hamburger Helper, instant potatoes and a can of corn with out to much trouble.
I did forget to add the Hamburger Helper powder with the noodles. Tell after it was done simmering. But nobody knew but me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 03-22-2020
I originally voted a 6 but considering my wife and I still have our jobs.....I really don’t have any room to complain.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:59 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
If the weather picks up and I can fish and mushroom hunt in the next couple of weeks then that will make it all alright.

But I am drunk as shit and listening to George Jones right now, so I could change my vote soon enough.
Amen brother. Yabba dabba do.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:59 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Nah, people are absolutely welcome to feel however they choose. If I were solely thinking of myself when answering this poll, I'd be a 10. Just had my first kid - a perfectly healthy boy. Had my best day at work of my career on Friday. Things are wonderful if I just focus on myself. But then I see friends of mine who work at restaurants and bars who are out of work and scared about how they'll pay their rent. How they'll afford food.

And yes, I have offered to help people financially in these situations. But there are an unlimited amount of others suffering the same fate. And as this will be prolonged, there are others who think they're fine now who likely won't be in a few months. And I just think it's pretty narrow-minded to ignore that.
Not sure if this in reference to me but I was only joking when I posted a 10.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:00 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

:-)
I'll bet you're a ball at parties, discus downer.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:02 AM 03-22-2020
I'm lowering mine to a 3. I haven't gone fishing and I needs to go fishing :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:04 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'll bet you're a ball at parties, discus downer.
It's a hard job being a social butterfly but I manage.

Also most parties I've been to weren't at the beginning of an economic depression, but you know.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:07 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yay. A rich, investment banking coastal douchebag telling us how we should feel.

:-)
you are so far off base here.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:13 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't know how anyone can be a 10 when there's so much suffering to come from others. This is beyond tragic for the majority of the world.
This is how are YOU holding up.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:24 AM 03-22-2020
I've lost $8k in cancelled events March-May.


FUCK ME.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 59
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up