ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
The Lounge>****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread****
OnTheWarpath15 03:49 PM 09-24-2019
Season begins a week from tomorrow, and the defending champs just traded Joel Edmundson and a prospect for Justin Faulk.

Who's up for back-to-back Cups?


[Reply]
Pushead2 10:36 PM 04-12-2020
Made me tear up when Doc said "or sadly, a virus victim's family". I miss my uncle.

One day, we will all be together again.

And when that day comes, our gratitude for those who helped get us there will overflow.

That, truly, is Doc Emrick's dream. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/Y7r5cGxBWP

— NBC Sports (@NBCSports) April 12, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 PM 04-17-2020
Gretzky day tomorrow on NHLN... 500th goal game, 5 goal game for #50 in 27 games or whatever craziness it was, final NHL game.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:53 PM 04-17-2020
Will this season resume or is it finished? My Knights were rolling man smh just our luck after the last few years we've had.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:33 AM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Will this season resume or is it finished? My Knights were rolling man smh just our luck after the last few years we've had.
From everything I've heard, they're trying to do everythig they can to salvage the season. If that means playing through the summer and delaying next season, Bettman & Co. seem to be on board.
Personally, I don't see how the logistics would work to make that happen.
They'd have to start the playoffs based on Win % but they'd also have to do some exhibition games before they could trot them out on the ice. I don't see it happening.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:45 AM 04-18-2020
Since it's the, well, unwanted off season, let's have some fun...

EDIT: And you all know I'm a soccer fan too. It's just fun...


[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:48 AM 04-18-2020

[Reply]
DaFace 09:06 PM 05-22-2020
Still a lot to happen for hockey to come back, but if it does, they've agreed on what it's gonna look like.

BREAKING: The NHLPA Executive Board approved the NHL’s return to play format, pending further negotiations on issues related to resuming play.https://t.co/GbzxLnOSJ2

— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 23, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:22 PM 05-22-2020
I saw the thread and immediate thought, oh shit...

Makes sense to get it in, whether it's now or in another month... they can always wait until January to determine if they can start a shortened 2020-2021 season.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:19 AM 05-23-2020
The 24-team return to play format has a lot of holes - IMO.
It's been proposed as a bracket as opposed to a seeding system.
Gambling reasons, perhaps?
[Reply]
Pushead2 05:05 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
The 24-team return to play format has a lot of holes - IMO.
It's been proposed as a bracket as opposed to a seeding system.
Gambling reasons, perhaps?
I think it's mostly to eliminate the "what if?" from this shortened season.

There were a few teams that were super hot right before the stoppage (off the top my head Rangers, Hawks & Wild) and there were teams that were falling quickly (off the top of my head Islanders & Canucks), so it gives "on the cusp" teams a fair shot to make it without hearing players, coaches, GMs & owners crying about how they never got the chance to fight for a playoff spot.

I believe the "top 4" from each conference was something that the NHLPA, owners and NHL were willing agree on as the set teams.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:45 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I think it's mostly to eliminate the "what if?" from this shortened season.

There were a few teams that were super hot right before the stoppage (off the top my head Rangers, Hawks & Wild) and there were teams that were falling quickly (off the top of my head Islanders & Canucks), so it gives "on the cusp" teams a fair shot to make it without hearing players, coaches, GMs & owners crying about how they never got the chance to fight for a playoff spot.

I believe the "top 4" from each conference was something that the NHLPA, owners and NHL were willing agree on as the set teams.
Yeah, I've heard the top four teams get byes, but they'll play each other, while the best of 5 tournaments occur. (somehow?)

It's the bracket vs. seeded part I don't get.

You'll definitely have upsets in the 24 team tournament. How is that fair to Boston if they have to play the winner of 4 vs. 5 as opposed to the lowest seed that won in their division/conference?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:43 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Yeah, I've heard the top four teams get byes, but they'll play each other, while the best of 5 tournaments occur. (somehow?)



It's the bracket vs. seeded part I don't get.



You'll definitely have upsets in the 24 team tournament. How is that fair to Boston if they have to play the winner of 4 vs. 5 as opposed to the lowest seed that won in their division/conference?
My thinking is that the bracket allows them to do it in a small number of sites if it comes to that.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:56 PM 05-26-2020

Breaking: The NHL announced Tuesday it will abandon the rest of the regular season and go straight into the playoffs with 24 teams instead of 16, if it is able to resume play. pic.twitter.com/mjEru1N8Sf

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 26, 2020

[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:52 PM 05-26-2020
Hopefully they figure out a way to do it. One of the biggest disappointments this spring is no Cup playoffs every night.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:05 PM 05-26-2020
I have no become a Vancouver Cannucks fan now that I realize they have a whale as a logo. Very disappointed in Las Vegas dumb Golden Knight name. So are they going to be any good? The Cannuks?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up