ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
In Memoriam>BigMeatballDave
Bowser 08:03 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
I figured since my father spent so much time on here and talked to so many of you, I'd give a bit of an update. BigMeatballDave is no longer able to post on ChiefsPlanet. He has been entered into hospice care and is on his final weeks. If anybody would like to help, I am raising money for his cremation and any other expenses he has after he passes. gofundme.com/2v6zxfck Thank you everybody.
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
He was 45 and it was a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme.
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
He loved the planet. He would always send me links off here and show me things people said while I was growing up.
Here is the link to Nick's gofundme....

https://www.gofundme.com/2v6zxfck%C2%A0
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:53 PM 05-02-2016
Very sorry to hear it.

I just got back from our 3rd family funeral visitation in 8 days. 2 were cancer including a 38 year old cousin.


Cancer is an asshole.
[Reply]
booger 08:16 PM 05-02-2016
So sorry to hear this. He's always been a lot of fun to chat with. Seems like a great fella in real life too from what I've read. Never had the pleasure to meet him. May God bless him and all his loved ones through his journey home. From my experience with a couple grandparents hospice folks are great. I pray that they make him as comfortable as possible.

Be proud of yourself young man. I know your dad is!! My grandpa was like my dad to and I watched as he went through this. It isn't the same, he was about 40 years older than your dad. Can't say I know exactly what your going through just that I can relate in a small way. Make sure you lean on your loved ones. There is plenty of folks here to lend an ear so don't hesitate to ask.

Take care young man
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 PM 05-02-2016
No.

Damnit.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 09:00 PM 05-02-2016
Time is the one thing that none of us will ever have enough of! Know the impact that you've had in many lives both online and in life. We may lose the ability to add new memories, but we shall always treasure the old ones. Godspeed on your journey, you will be missed.
[Reply]
eDave 09:03 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD:
Time is the one thing that none of us will ever have enough of! Know the impact that you've had in many lives both online and in life. We may lose the ability to add new memories, but we shall always treasure the old ones. Godspeed on your journey, you will be missed.
Weirdest thing for me was that I have started counting backwards at 50. And it can get heavy.
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 10:27 PM 05-02-2016
The planet has raised about $900 in one day. I couldn't thank you all enough. This brings a great weight lifted off my shoulders when 2 days ago, the family was anxious on how we were gonna afford all of this. If we have 6 more days like today has gone, we will have the goal. I told my dad that the planet is helping raise the money and he thanked everybody. The hardest part is him not knowing why I am trying to raise it in the first place. Cancer Sucks. Keep sharing and donating. Thank you all. Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:50 PM 05-02-2016
I am very sorry to hear this he was one of my favorite people here. I just hope he doesn't have any pain and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:19 PM 05-02-2016
Light our way, fellow traveler. We won't be very long behind.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 12:43 AM 05-03-2016
Wow, sorry to hear this, I'll miss your dad.....he was a great guy.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:13 AM 05-03-2016
Cancer sucks. Godspeed, my friend.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:18 AM 05-03-2016
I've been thinking about what to say here about this, and I'm still at a loss for words.

So, I'll just say that I'm praying for comfort for you and your family. Dave always seemed like a good guy, even though I don't think I ever interacted with him on a personal level. He is one of the Planet's originals and will be missed.

God Bless.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:56 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Dave,

It's been an honor to know you, even if it's just through our interactions on this message board. We laughed at the victories and seethed in the defeats. But in the end none of them matter when somebody who has grown into a friend has the sun set too early on his life.

I'll miss you Dave. May you travel quickly, and painlessly into the next life my friend.


May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky thatís always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

Nice job William.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:17 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
The planet has raised about $900 in one day. I couldn't thank you all enough. This brings a great weight lifted off my shoulders when 2 days ago, the family was anxious on how we were gonna afford all of this. If we have 6 more days like today has gone, we will have the goal. I told my dad that the planet is helping raise the money and he thanked everybody. The hardest part is him not knowing why I am trying to raise it in the first place. Cancer Sucks. Keep sharing and donating. Thank you all. Go Chiefs.
My Mom has Alzheimer's. She doesn't know who I or anyone else is anymore. Other than that she is in perfect health. I have basically lost her, at least what made her, her.

We will keep reminding the Planet to help out about the upcoming debt you will have.

Stick around yourself and talk some football and life when you feel like it in the future. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 07:38 AM 05-03-2016
I didn't know Dave personally but he seemed like a decent guy. Prayers for him and your family to help you get through this difficult time.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:42 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My Mom has Alzheimer's. She doesn't know who I or anyone else is anymore. Other than that she is in perfect health. I have basically lost her, at least what made her, her.

We will keep reminding the Planet to help out about the upcoming debt you will have.

Stick around yourself and talk some football and life when you feel like it in the future. :-)
Sry to hear about your mom. Both my grandparents on my mom's side got Alzheimers and that was tough. I visited my grandma once in the hospital. She couldn't even speak. All she could do was look at me and smile. I don't even know if she recognized me at that point. That was the one and only time I could do that. She didn't last long in there anyway. My poor grandpa had to be put into a home for the last couple years. He would have flashbacks and think it was the 1950s again. I pray that God makes the transition for your mother easier.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up