ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>Official Rick and Morty thread
bowener 07:58 PM 03-26-2014
I searched and could not find anything on here about this awesome show.

Seriously, if you like animated shows for adults, then you have to watch this fucking show.

It is on adultswim, you can watch episodes online.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:17 PM 06-30-2017

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:30 PM 06-30-2017
Season 3 July 30th Bitches!!!
[Reply]
Rausch 11:44 AM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hard to say. Its . . . a lot of things.

It's a live show, with Dan, Jeff Davis [as 'moderator], Spencer Crittenden [a former audience member Dan took under his wing who interjects wisecracks and DMs role playing sessions], and usually a guest or two.

A lot of it is driven by Dan's steam of consciousness. Sometimes he's drunk and rambles. Sometimes he's mad, . . . and rambles. Sometime's he's political. Sometimes it's just random fun. For instance there are regularly impromptu extended freestyle rap sessions, . . . just 'yo mama' lines rapped of the top fo the dome. For a long time, they held D&D type role playing adventure sessions.

The only way to have an idea what to expect is to listen for a while. But it's very often entertaining and funny in some manner or another. And the best reply to your question is you do get a good sense of Dan's personality., but it's rarely and only tangentially focused on his television work. It's not a 'here's what's happening on my TV show, show.
So I've watched about 20 episodes and he's basically me on facebook once I've taken an adavan, a 12 pack, and shouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:07 PM 07-02-2017
I've been meaning to ask. . . Am I officially out of the demographic for today's animated 'dramedy' or have I just not watched enough.

People have raved and RAVED about Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman, and I've caught about 1/2 the first season of R&M and most of the first season of BH, and while they're both good and inventive and occasionally chuckle inducing, it's not been this mindblowing experience people have been insisting, at least for me.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:11 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've been meaning to ask. . . Am I officially out of the demographic for today's animated 'dramedy' or have I just not watched enough.

People have raved and RAVED about Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman, and I've caught about 1/2 the first season of R&M and most of the first season of BH, and while they're both good and inventive and occasionally chuckle inducing, it's not been this mindblowing experience people have been insisting, at least for me.
It's meant to be entertaining on surface and deeper on re-watching.

By season 3 the "universe" and "family" Rick and Morty are fighting for isn't even theirs.

It's just....a......."it's just an idea now Rick, it's not even real anymore."
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:21 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've been meaning to ask. . . Am I officially out of the demographic for today's animated 'dramedy' or have I just not watched enough.

People have raved and RAVED about Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman, and I've caught about 1/2 the first season of R&M and most of the first season of BH, and while they're both good and inventive and occasionally chuckle inducing, it's not been this mindblowing experience people have been insisting, at least for me.
You need to keep watching BH. Your impression of the first season is spot-on, but the show gets its reputation in later seasons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:56 AM 07-30-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:58 AM 07-30-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
You need to keep watching BH. Your impression of the first season is spot-on, but the show gets its reputation in later seasons.
BTW - I started over on R&M, and am about 5 episodes in [Meeseks]. While I still haven't gotten to mindblowing yet, I am appreciating the creativity and structure more on re-viewing, particularly for a show that's just getting started. Might be also, that this time around I'm actually waiting until I can sit still and actually pay full attention while watching this time. I think I put it on while doing bills and chores last time around.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 06:46 PM 08-01-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
BTW - I started over on R&M, and am about 5 episodes in [Meeseks]. While I still haven't gotten to mindblowing yet, I am appreciating the creativity and structure more on re-viewing, particularly for a show that's just getting started. Might be also, that this time around I'm actually waiting until I can sit still and actually pay full attention while watching this time. I think I put it on while doing bills and chores last time around.
I loved how "make me a more complete woman" and "make me popular at school" were simpler tasks than "take 2 strokes off my golf game."
[Reply]
beach tribe 09:30 AM 08-02-2017
Episode 2 has aired I am trying my ass off to find somewhere to watch it...
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:49 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Episode 2 has aired I am trying my ass off to find somewhere to watch it...
Your Welcome.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick...ing-the-stone/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:59 PM 08-05-2017
https://masterofallscience.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 08-07-2017
I'M PICKLE RICK!!!!!



That was a pretty outstanding episode. Oh, and that master of science site is pretty badass.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:52 PM 08-08-2017

[Reply]
cabletech94 07:34 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'M PICKLE RICK!!!!!



That was a pretty outstanding episode. Oh, and that master of science site is pretty badass.
i just started watching this show based off of this thread, and i just got loot crate for the first time, and it had a figurine of rick.

what an awesome series.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up