ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
The Dumbass Lounge>Can I finish? Can I finish? Okay, Veach is NOT finished!
Brooklyn 07:02 PM 10-16-2020
Canít stop wonít stop thought I told ya that we wonít stop.

So who is next up on Veachís list? Gotta thing we get 1 or 2 olinemen before the deadline. Was really thinking that Alex Mack is our Center in a couple of weeks. Anything thoughts of who he might go and get out there? Vets or under achieving guys on rookie deals? A little of both? Whatís next for old Brett?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 PM 10-16-2020
Billy Price is a former 1st round pick. If they could get him for that kind of pick exchange, they should do it.

The Chiefs might be able to restart his career. The talent is there.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:41 AM 10-17-2020
Veach needs to go after these teams that are trying to Lose For Lawrence and trade some middle round draft picks for offensve linemen. We could upgrade both guards positions and our center without needing great players.

Giving Mahomes a running game and more time in the pocket will let us start scoring 40 points again. Mahomes has been showing signs of being skittish lately. That is the last thing we want. We must protect our stud QB better.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 05:04 AM 10-17-2020
I peeped that espn article and also saw old friend Hassan Reddick mentioned. Donít think thatís too likely for us. He was always looked at as the albatross contract to take back with Peterson, neither of which are going to be needed anymore. Plus weíve got WGJ now, but wonder if he does try to add some help at LB.

Regarding Mackís $8M salary, when is the deadline and how much does he cost if we only pay the games remaining?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:23 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Billy Price is a former 1st round pick. If they could get him for that kind of pick exchange, they should do it.

The Chiefs might be able to restart his career. The talent is there.
The Chiefs got great production from Stefen Wisniewski with all things considered
[Reply]
Hydrae 07:07 AM 10-17-2020
I am just hopeful that Rankin comes back and takes back over the LG spot. If he looks as good as he did early last year we will be fine.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:29 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Is Billy Price who is the backup center and third string guard for the Bengals really better than the guys we have?
If Veach says so.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10-17-2020, 08:55 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
htismaqe 10:32 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
I peeped that espn article and also saw old friend Hassan Reddick mentioned. Donít think thatís too likely for us. He was always looked at as the albatross contract to take back with Peterson, neither of which are going to be needed anymore. Plus weíve got WGJ now, but wonder if he does try to add some help at LB.

Regarding Mackís $8M salary, when is the deadline and how much does he cost if we only pay the games remaining?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think they have any intention of signing linebackers. Gay is just starting to get in the game now, they're probably set there barring injury.

Even pro-rated, I don't think Mack's salary can be worked into the cap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Veach needs to go after these teams that are trying to Lose For Lawrence and trade some middle round draft picks for offensve linemen. We could upgrade both guards positions and our center without needing great players.

Giving Mahomes a running game and more time in the pocket will let us start scoring 40 points again. Mahomes has been showing signs of being skittish lately. That is the last thing we want. We must protect our stud QB better.
Billy Price is exactly the kind of cheap boom/bust guy to look at.

He might suck but he could also finally live up to his 1st round draft slot.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:54 AM 10-17-2020
I think G/C Billy Price would be a good target for the Chiefs to go after for the interior line.

The Chiefs in the past seem to like former 1st round picks as a trade option. Price was the 1st round, 21st pick, for the Cincinnati Bengals back in 2018.

A summary of his Ohio State days from the Bengal’s web site –

Originally Posted by :
College: Spent five years (2013-17) at Ohio State, with a redshirt season in '13 ... Started all 55 possible games in his OSU career, setting school record for both starts and consecutive starts... Two-time team captain (2016 and '17) ... Aided blocking effort for OSU rushing offenses that led the Big Ten three times (2015-17) and ranked in the top 20 nationally all four years of his career ... After spending first three seasons at G, moved to C as a senior in 2017 ... In first season at C, won Rimington Trophy as nation's most outstanding center, was unanimous first-team All-American, won Rimington-Pace Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year, and was first-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media) and Academic All-Big Ten Conference ... As a redshirt freshman in 2014, started all 15 games at G and helped OSU to national title.
Billy is 26 years old and is 6-4, 310 - 325 pounds. He has played all three interior positions for the Bengals. In 2018 he started ten games, (out six games with foot injury) 2019 played 16 games with 8 starts, but this year (2020) he has played in 5 games but no starts and only 68 offensive snaps.

He seems like a good option with potential that we could maybe get cheap and turn his career around.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:39 PM 10-17-2020
I tried to figure Prices's cap number for KC if traded -
2020 - $1,081,340 rough pro-rated figure minus five games
2021 - $2,077,158 for final year of contract
[Reply]
kccrow 07:57 PM 10-17-2020
Would love to see the trade for Price.
[Reply]
eDave 08:03 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Veach needs to go after these teams that are trying to Lose For Lawrence and trade some middle round draft picks for offensve linemen. We could upgrade both guards positions and our center without needing great players.

Giving Mahomes a running game and more time in the pocket will let us start scoring 40 points again. Mahomes has been showing signs of being skittish lately. That is the last thing we want. We must protect our stud QB better.
You should tweet this to him. He'll be so thankful that you've thought of something he hasn't.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:18 PM 10-17-2020
I can't imagine the Bengals, who already have a shitty offensive line while Burrow is getting knocked around every game, would trade him for 6th or 7th.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't imagine the Bengals, who already have a shitty offensive line while Burrow is getting knocked around every game, would trade him for 6th or 7th.
They don't intend to play him. I don't know if he's just that bad right now or he's on the coach's shit list but he's buried on the depth chart. Exactly the kind of rehab project we should be looking for.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:29 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They don't intend to play him. I don't know if he's just that bad right now or he's on the coach's shit list but he's buried on the depth chart. Exactly the kind of rehab project we should be looking for.

If the Bengals are not playing him now, they are not going too.

If they take a 6th or a 7th great..if not, give them a 5th and make the deal.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up