ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you getting a flu shot this year?
Yes 82 59.85%
No 52 37.96%
Gaz says vaccinations cause penis shrinkage 3 2.19%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>Are you getting a flu shot this year?
TLO 01:37 PM 10-16-2020
Just got mine this afternoon. How about you?
[Reply]
GMitch 02:43 PM 10-16-2020
Only time in the last 40 years I haven't gotten a flu shot was 2017 when I was going through chemo and the doc said don't. Got the flu once in the last 40 years, guess when?

Got my shot 3 weeks ago.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:43 PM 10-16-2020
I thought doctors were encouraging people to wait awhile before getting one this year? That the flu season was likely to be delayed some and the effectiveness wears off.

Also, I voted no as I typically don't and am not planning to but my wife may ask me to at which point I might.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:45 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Hell no. I buy tuppaware/ containers like any normal person! This isn't 1978!
My sister still uses fucking cling wrap lol.

I know why now..she's a germaphobe who thinks cleaning lids is too difficult because she's afraid of germs in the edge of lids.

It's really sad.
Tupperware doesnít sell lids. They sell seals.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:49 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"You know nothing. In fact, you know less than nothing. If you knew that you knew nothing, then that would be something, but you donít."

Rates of Grade 3 reactions are no different in the placebo group than flu groups, yet hospitalizations and severity illness are significantly lower. So, it's more effective than placebo, yet somehow less toxic than placebo.

But what would I know? I've only vaccinated hundreds of people, taken years of pharmacology, pharmaceutics, kinetics, am trained in evaluated evidence-based practices, have a doctoral degree in the field and am quoting the complete package insert for the vaccine and you've read a Facebook post or maybe even watched a YouTube video.
All you know is what they chose to tell you.
Until there's a 100% success rate , it's useless.
You really have no clue what the long term effects are.
How come the actual ingredients aren't blatantly posted in large letters in every drug store?
No drugs heal anything. Just man made chemicals to hide, sustain or prolong an illness.

Dude, get real. I'm obviously not going to say I know more than a doctor. But for the most part, they are still just people who read books and then play percentages with peoples lives. Hoping they're right. If their wrong, no problem, for them.. not for the people they gave bad advice to.
Doctors are arrogant wannabe gods who don't want to hear anything about natural methods. They just want you to use their drugs so they get paid.
Which brings up the question...why are flu shots free?
Why would they want everyone to get one? Because they know it will lead to other reasons you need to pay them to get help for.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:58 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I feel this intimately.

With that said, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't ask questions of your healthcare providers or advocate for yourself, because in a lot of cases, providers are prone to clinical inertia. However, one also needs to be aware to the limits of their knowledge.

Do I routinely ask the oncologists I deal with for the literature supporting their decisions? Yes. Do I also defer to their clinical judgment when the information is muddier as I am not an oncologist? Also yes.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 03:03 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
also don't ask a question if you don't want honest answers - here - I'll fabricate a response for you.

NO BUT I'M GOING TO GO - Walgreens is offering a free $10 gift card PLUS the shot is literally free atop that!
LOL Is there a high five thingy? Oh what the hell....high five SR.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:04 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
All you know is what they chose to tell you.
Until there's a 100% success rate , it's useless.
You really have no clue what the long term effects are.
How come the actual ingredients aren't blatantly posted in large letters in every drug store?
No drugs heal anything. Just man made chemicals to hide, sustain or prolong an illness.

Dude, get real. I'm obviously not going to say I know more than a doctor. But for the most part, they are still just people who read books and then play percentages with peoples lives. Hoping they're right. If their wrong, no problem, for them.. not for the people they gave bad advice to.
Doctors are arrogant wannabe gods who don't want to hear anything about natural methods. They just want you to use their drugs so they get paid.
Which brings up the question...why are flu shots free?
Why would they want everyone to get one? Because they know it will lead to other reasons you need to pay them to get help for.
Flu shots are free because it costs less to the medical system and the insurance companies overall to give them a vaccine that is both incredibly cheap to produce and demonstrably effective than to pay for hospitalizations, neuraminidase inhibitors, or to deal with lost productivity from people missing work due to mild or moderate illness.

You know that saying, "an ounce of prevention..."?

Yes, they want you to get something that is statistically proven to reduce hospitalizations because they want to make more money, because insurance companies make money by having sick customers, which is why for years they loved enrolling people with preexisting conditions instead of young, healthy people that paid premiums and never got sick.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 03:05 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Tupperware doesnít sell lids. They sell seals.
Thank you! Full disclosure...I wasn't sure how to spell that word and didn't feel like opening another window on my phone to make sure. It's a new phone and I'm not sure about a setting to make autocorrect more to my liking :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:05 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
All you know is what they chose to tell you.
Until there's a 100% success rate , it's useless.
You really have no clue what the long term effects are.
How come the actual ingredients aren't blatantly posted in large letters in every drug store?
No drugs heal anything. Just man made chemicals to hide, sustain or prolong an illness.

Dude, get real. I'm obviously not going to say I know more than a doctor. But for the most part, they are still just people who read books and then play percentages with peoples lives. Hoping they're right. If their wrong, no problem, for them.. not for the people they gave bad advice to.
Doctors are arrogant wannabe gods who don't want to hear anything about natural methods. They just want you to use their drugs so they get paid.
Which brings up the question...why are flu shots free?
Why would they want everyone to get one? Because they know it will lead to other reasons you need to pay them to get help for.
:-)

It's actually useless to try and reason with someone who is this fucking stupid
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:09 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I feel this intimately.

With that said, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't ask questions of your healthcare providers or advocate for yourself, because in a lot of cases, providers are prone to clinical inertia. However, one also needs to be aware to the limits of their knowledge.

Do I routinely ask the oncologists I deal with for the literature supporting their decisions? Yes. Do I also defer to their clinical judgment when the information is muddier as I am not an oncologist? Also yes.
Absolutely.

Sadly, Dunning-Kruger makes the bolded part a real bitch.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:11 PM 10-16-2020
I'd like to thank you for the "unless it's 100% effective it's useless," addition.

Do you know how many people died of smallpox in the 20th century? 300 million.

Do you know when smallpox was eradicated? 1979.

Do you know how smallpox was eradicated? By mass vaccination.

Do you know how effective the vaccination was? 95% How long did it protect you for? 3-5 years.

So, somehow something that is less than 100% effective and requires a booster managed to eliminate a disease from the Earth that killed the equivalent of 90% of the current American population in the very century it was eradicated, but vaccines are useless.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:11 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I thought doctors were encouraging people to wait awhile before getting one this year? That the flu season was likely to be delayed some and the effectiveness wears off.

Also, I voted no as I typically don't and am not planning to but my wife may ask me to at which point I might.
It happens every year. People get the flu shot in October and then get the flu in January or February.

Like I said, with the way the flu works, we're probably approaching a point where they split it into 2 seasons. No clue if they could actually produce different vaccines to provide broader coverage but it does seem like it would be beneficial.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:14 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Like I said, with the way the flu works, we're probably approaching a point where they split it into 2 seasons.
Mass suicide of retail pharmacists would ensue. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Mass suicide of retail pharmacists would ensue. :-)
:-)

Like I said, I don't know if it's feasible but with how long the season is lasting and the differences in the strains, it seems like two, staggered vaccines would be maybe even doubly effective.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:20 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Lol no one here knows shit about virology.
They only teach you what govt wants you to believe.
True virology is not known. They want people to be clueless and helpless.
Never had a flu shot. Get never caught crap. And I worked in malls during Christmas for a decade. Which means contact logic is bullshit

[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up