ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
The Dumbass Lounge>Mitchell Schwartz may have fallen off a cliff
dlphg9 09:39 AM 10-13-2020
I love Mitchell Schwartz and I love how good he has been for this team for the last several years, but so far it seems being on the wrong side of 30 may have caught up to him. I didn't get to watch much of the Raiders game, so I checked out the All-22 and just finished the 1st quarter and Schwartz is getting his ass kicked more often than not.

I think he may have lost a step or 2 since last year, because the pass rusher is just blowing right around him and he doesn't seem quick enough in his drop step to get in front of and engage the pass rusher (This isn't about Patrick Mahomes dropping too far back in the zone). Schwartz just isn't playing anywhere near as good as he should.

Maybe he is injured or he's trying to do too much because of the inefficiency of the middle of the line, but it's a bad sign. If I could remember how to embed I would post gifs of what I was talking about.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:32 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Geoff is right and there’s a clear sign: Pat stepped up in the pocket later in the game quite a bit, and he was having success.

So someone on the staff, or Pat himself, adjusted.
https://imgur.com/a/5DMvcVn

Can't fucking get it to embed
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:14 PM 10-13-2020
You can see the exact moment it happened!!

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:19 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
A clue from his Twitter timeline.


I said this in the game day thread... Patrick was drifting back, or running outside a relatively clean pocket multiple times. I trust he will learn from this game and kill it against the Bills.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:21 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
https://imgur.com/a/5DMvcVn

Can't ****ing get it to embed
Have you tried lube?

And a hammer? You don't lube the hammer, btw . . .
[Reply]
JakeF 02:26 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Cross thread humor. Lighten up, buddy.

Schwartz isn't playing his best ball at the moment, but he's not the problem with our O-Line.
Sorry, i missed it.

My bad.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:30 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Geoff is right and there’s a clear sign: Pat stepped up in the pocket later in the game quite a bit, and he was having success.

So someone on the staff, or Pat himself, adjusted.
The pocket wasn't really clean although Mahomes is getting skittish about our line play. That DE cuts inside about 3/4 yards deep from the right side. Another guy is coming around the corner on the left side. Mahomes felt the literal "pinch" in the pass rush and bailed.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:52 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think it's an injury.
That would fit.

Schwartz is just a bit slower now. An ankle sprain would fit that.

Glad to hear it.


Now what about our guards and center? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:36 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The pocket wasn't really clean although Mahomes is getting skittish about our line play. That DE cuts inside about 3/4 yards deep from the right side. Another guy is coming around the corner on the left side. Mahomes felt the literal "pinch" in the pass rush and bailed.
Yep.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:15 AM 10-14-2020
I haven't seen a fanbase flip it's shit so bad on a regular season loss in a long time.
We won the super bowl after losing multiple games last year.

Chiefs fans, please don't turn into Pats fans. Spoiled little shits.
(Not so much CP... more in twitter/Facebook)
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:31 AM 10-14-2020


Top pic is right when Mahomes drops back to his spot 7 yards deep. Pocket is clean for literally 1 second and if he stays put or steps up into the pocket, then he's taking a sack by Fisher's or Schwartz's man. Fishers guy pushed Fisher into the pocket collapsing it and Schwartz's guy is blowing by him. This isn't on Mahomes no matter how much Geoff wants to say it is. If Mahomes tries to step up and to the left of Fischer then the defender just disengages and gets the sack, so Mahomes does the only thing to give his receivers time to get open and that is to drop back and make his way towards the sideline where it's pretty much clean of defenders.

Geoff Schwartz is being a biased clown here and really making himself look like an ass arguing with guys on Twitter.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:36 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:


Top pic is right when Mahomes drops back to his spot 7 yards deep. Pocket is clean for literally 1 second and if he stays put or steps up into the pocket, then he's taking a sack by Fisher's or Schwartz's man. Fishers guy pushed Fisher into the pocket collapsing it and Schwartz's guy is blowing by him. This isn't on Mahomes no matter how much Geoff wants to say it is. If Mahomes tries to step up and to the left of Fischer then the defender just disengages and gets the sack, so Mahomes does the only thing to give his receivers time to get open and that is to drop back and make his way towards the sideline where it's pretty much clean of defenders.

Geoff Schwartz is being a biased clown here and really making himself look like an ass arguing with guys on Twitter.
If your brother or family member plays in the NFL, you shouldn't be able to take an NFL media job.

You turn into a David Carr assclown.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:48 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If your brother or family member plays in the NFL, you shouldn't be able to take an NFL media job.

You turn into a David Carr assclown.
Completely agree. David Carr was talking about Derek Carr being elite after Sunday. At least I think it was David. What other idiot would try to convince people Alex Smith lite is elite?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:30 AM 10-14-2020
Let's trade Fat Geoff's Twitter analysis to the Jets for Leveon
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:25 AM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Let's trade Fat Geoff's Twitter analysis to the Jets for Leveon
Can we throw in JakeF too?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:50 AM 10-14-2020
I’m guessing it’s the ankle. I’ve never had a high ankle sprain like Dane is talking about but a normal ankle sprain would fuck with what he’s trying to do. Especially planting.

Mitchell was on Russillos podcast before the season talking about football. Those poor sports media guys were REALLY reaching on topics so virtually every podcast I listened to that had an interview asked how they were getting a workout in. And everyone of them was like I got into a gym and really hammered this or that, or my guy came in with a mask and we got after it, or I rented a gym and got my shots up. Not Schwartz. He was like (paraphrased), yeah well. You try but it’s hard, can’t be in the facility so you do what you can.

Now the question is what does that mean? Probably nothing. Odds are he just wasn’t prepared for the question. I have a hard time believing a guy that performs at his level was on the couch. But it’s at least a possibility he wasn’t very productive this offseason. You’d think by the 4th game he’d be rounding into shape, but who knows. I have no idea what it takes to perform at that level.

It’s probably the ankle. But it could potentially be both.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up