ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 386
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:45 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
And to be honest, almost every exceptional show is guilty of this at times.

Seasons 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad featured every bit the narrative leaps in storytelling, and I still rank it along the greatest shows of all time.

Just stick the landing D&D and all will be forgiven.

Yeah, every medium's got some flaws. Luckily I was able to avoid that with Breaking Bad. I watched that show long after it had aired on TV so I was able to marathon the whole thing.

Things get glossed over when you don't have a week in between each episode to critique.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:13 PM 08-14-2017
So in the two months that it would take to go all the way to Eastwatch and then march a WW back to Cersei, why not...

Take Kingslanding, make Cersei bend the knee.

Then have Dany command all of Westeros to march to the Wall?
If you've watched the show, the reasons have already been stated.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:17 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
If you've watched the show, the reasons have already been stated.
They haven't, actually.

Tyrion has advocated for a Siege of KL since S7E1. Why not do that now when the Lannisters have literally no army?

Dany and her 100,000 Dothraki soldiers sitting idly by and allowing Cersei to reload while Jon goes full Suicide Squad makes little to no sense for Dany's arc.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:17 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's not that hard of a concept!
:-) Dude acts like a dick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:25 PM 08-14-2017
They haven't, actually.

Tyrion has advocated for a Siege of KL since S7E1. Why not do that now when the Lannisters have literally no army?

Dany and her 100,000 Dothraki soldiers sitting idly by and allowing Cersei to reload while Jon goes full Suicide Squad makes little to no sense for Dany's arc.

It's been discussed in the fact that they don't think that she should just burn everything down because she'll be just like all of the other rulers.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:34 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
It's been discussed in the fact that they don't think that she should just burn everything down because she'll be just like all of the other rulers.
Right, but Tyrion has been wanting to take KL (sans burning down the Red Keep), since the Dragonstone ep.

Why not do that now that the Lannister forces have been decimated?

There really isn't a rationale explanation for Dany and her forces to sit around here.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:38 PM 08-14-2017
Just saw the spoilers for the last two episodes...my heart was pumping so fast reading it, I don't know what I'll do when the episodes actually occur. Just....incredible.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:44 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Just saw the spoilers for the last two episodes...my heart was pumping so fast reading it, I don't know what I'll do when the episodes actually occur. Just....incredible.
Link please
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:45 PM 08-14-2017
Go to the goddamned spoiler thread man.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:47 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
X10. Don't ruin it for people.
[Reply]
Dylan 10:45 PM 08-14-2017
I know that Bran Stark is the three-eye-raven, a warg and possesses greenlight - However, could he be the Night King?

Everything is moving so quickly...

:-)
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:16 AM 08-15-2017
Right, but Tyrion has been wanting to take KL (sans burning down the Red Keep), since the Dragonstone ep.

Why not do that now that the Lannister forces have been decimated?

There really isn't a rationale explanation for Dany and her forces to sit around here.
They stated earlier in the season that they did not want to use the foreign armies to win the throne as it would serve to support Cersei's description of Daeny being a foreign invader who is only there to destroy their world.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:47 AM 08-15-2017
Anyone catch this from the preview for next week? There's a quick scene in the north with Jon, and lots of fire. Maybe it's a trap Jon set for the night's king, but maybe it's from a dragon!
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:10 AM 08-15-2017
Something bad has to happen north of the wall, right? It's like they did a 180 in few seasons. They went from killing off characters people loved to some feel good medieval Wild Hogs/Grown Ups type of story. I'm hoping for a semi-shocking, Red Wedding type of gut shot in these last couple. Getting a little too kumbaya-y with everyone reuniting for my negative outlook.

**still love the show**
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:44 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This... all day this. If someone spoils this show for me I am going to be one pissed of son of a bitch.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 386
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up