ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dickie Betts Passed
SD15 12:30 PM 04-18-2024
Didn’t see a thread, please delete if already posted.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-betts-dead-80
[Reply]
SD15 01:57 PM 04-18-2024
Jaimo is the only one left.

I was always a big fan and actually attended the show at the Fillmore East. Opening acts: Elvin Bishop and Johnny Winter.

R.I.P.
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:10 PM 04-18-2024
Kinda took the lead after Duane passed…such great music from the band.

Played their Live at the Fillmore so many times I wore it out.

Listening to it on Remastered SACD format these days, and it sounds incredible.

RIP DB.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 02:15 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by SD15:

I was always a big fan and actually attended the show at the Fillmore East. Opening acts: Elvin Bishop and Johnny Winter.

R.I.P.
So you were able to see Fooled Around and Fell In Love along with Frankenstein before the Allman Brothers took the stage? I’m jealous.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:26 PM 04-18-2024

RIP
[Reply]
stevieray 03:28 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
So you were able to see Fooled Around and Fell In Love along with Frankenstein before the Allman Brothers took the stage? I’m jealous.
FAFIL written on a 12 string Epiphone, lead vocal by Mickey Thomas (who can still wail)
[Reply]
threebag 03:44 PM 04-18-2024
RIP, Ramblin Man
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:18 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by SD15:

R.I.P.
That is amazing. I’d love to hear more about it if you could.

Fillmore East was such a great album. But Eat A Peach is still my favorite. When I play Little Martha and the doorbell rings it reminds of the doorbell at my parents house. Makes me smile all day.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:45 PM 04-18-2024
This sucks.

RIP music man
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:59 PM 04-18-2024
RIP I miss good music
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:02 PM 04-18-2024

[Reply]
penchief 05:33 PM 04-18-2024
Frankenstein was the Edgar Winter Group but Johnny and Edgar did play together often.
[Reply]
scho63 06:05 PM 04-18-2024
At 61 years old, I have to witness the passing of so many of the legends and idols I grew up listening to, watching play sports or acting in my favorite shows.

Kinda gives me the sads.

R.I.P. to a true legend.
[Reply]
scho63 06:07 PM 04-18-2024
This Dickie lived near you?
[Reply]
SD15 07:44 PM 04-18-2024
It was actually Johnny Winter although I also saw Edgar Winters White trash at the Fillmore East. However, this was before they released “They Only Come Out At Night” album featuring Frankenstein. But yes, I was rockin out to Elvin Bishop and Johnny Winter before The Allmans came out and played for hours.

I’m old so I’ve seen lots of classic rock icons.
[Reply]
SD15 07:53 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
That is amazing. I’d love to hear more about it if you could.

Fillmore East was such a great album. But Eat A Peach is still my favorite. When I play Little Martha and the doorbell rings it reminds of the doorbell at my parents house. Makes me smile all day.
It was certainly a great time for music. I used to go to the Fillmore all the time. Tickets were $3.50, $4.50, & $5.50 to see usually three great bands.

First time I saw ABB, they were third billed act opening for Blood Sweat, & Tears. Didn’t know who they were but thought they had a hell of a guitarist (Duane). Saw the Band of Gypsies concert. Can’t remember all the shows but one sticks out; Savoy Brown & Fleetwood Mac opening for The Kinks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up