ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tomorrow, I am probably going to have to put my dog down.
Chris Meck 08:51 PM 09-18-2019
she was my late wife's first anniversary/birthday present.

She's 15. She had a stroke Saturday morning.

She's swam in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico.

She made friends with a giraffe.

She probably ate at every roadside diner on every interstate in America.

She won't eat. I think she's telling me it's time.

PTSD much? I do.

[Reply]
Dartgod 07:26 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by rtmike:
Something I read. The Vet says one of the worst things they have to do is put animals down when it’s owner bails..,..or can’t handle it.
He says here this dog is looking at him like wtf? It can hear its owners outside the door crying and wonders what’s happening.
That’s gotta suck.
I was at the vet last week with my dog and a couple came in and dropped their dog off to have it put down. There's no way I could just abandon my dog like that. When we had our Schnauzer put down in March, we took our other dog with us and spent time with him before and after it was done. It was tough.

Our other dog is 15 and she is in good shape for her age, but I know her days are numbered. I get teared up just thinking about losing her.

I'm sorry for your loss, Chris. I know how hard it can be.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:31 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I was at the vet last week with my dog and a couple came in and dropped their dog off to have it put down. There's no way I could just abandon my dog like that. When we had our Schnauzer put down in March, we took our other dog with us and spent time with him before and after it was done. It was tough.

Our other dog is 15 and she is in good shape for her age, but I know her days are numbered. I get teared up just thinking about losing her.

Oh, man. I don't think I could bring my other dogs with me for that. But yeah, there's no way. Despite how hard it is, I could never let them leave this world without me being there to comfort them.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:33 AM 09-19-2019
It is so hard. I heard folks say they won’t get another pet because of the pain when they have to be make this decision. They are losing out. Even though it is tough to lose them, the great life you gave your dog and the joy they bring to you daily is worth every tear.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:34 AM 09-19-2019
My wife used to call the pets "furry little tragedies".

And we'd laugh. It's true.

Thanks y'all. Today will be a rough one.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:36 AM 09-19-2019
Chris, I have a little reading suggestion for you. I just started this book so I don't know how good it is yet. But I found it through a blog I found. The blog was so good that it brought me to tears.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...t_bibl_vppi_i0
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 07:36 AM 09-19-2019
Sorry to hear this, dude. To this day, I'm traumatized by having to put down my black lab when I was 14 years old. You never get over it, but it does help to get a new pup.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 07:41 AM 09-19-2019
Ugh, awful! One of the worst things in life is having to say goodbye to a loving pet. The only positive about having to put down your dog is you get to end their suffering and you can say goodbye. Still absolutely awful.

Thoughts with you and your family on a day like today
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:46 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

Even as a kid I INSISTED on being there when our older dogs were put down.

My asshole dad had animal control take away one of our dogs because it was hostile to him. He said he was 'afraid for us'. Bullshit. That dog loved us. It hated him because he was an abusive prick. I've never gotten over how badly that dog was treated.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:00 AM 09-19-2019
So sorry to hear this. Having had to go through this 3 times over the course of 25 years, it is never easy. Losing a family member is very, very hard.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:04 AM 09-19-2019
man that sucks. Dogs are the best.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:06 AM 09-19-2019
Sorry man. I still get teary eyed when I think about when I had to put down my best friend. You will get thru it, just never really over it.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:10 AM 09-19-2019
I'm so, so sorry.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:10 AM 09-19-2019
Sorry dude. I had to put my cat (I know, I know) down yesterday. He was my buddy for 16.5 years. Pretty sure we watched every Chiefs game together.
[Reply]
tooge 08:22 AM 09-19-2019
Sorry man. It's the toughest part of having pets in the family. It sure sounds like she had an amazing life with you though, and that's all any dog would ask.
[Reply]
scho63 09:10 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
she was my late wife's first anniversary/birthday present.

She's 15. She had a stroke Saturday morning.

She's swam in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico.

She made friends with a giraffe.

She probably ate at every roadside diner on every interstate in America.

She won't eat. I think she's telling me it's time.

PTSD much? I do.

So sorry for your pain It seems that 2019 has seen many CP members lose a dog or need to put them done. Tough year for family pets here on CP. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up