ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 41
« First < 273334353637 38394041 >
Media Center>Madden 20
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 05-02-2019
Available on the PC again! Maybe I'll actually play it this year.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...e-of-franchise

Originally Posted by :
PREPARING FOR THE PROS

When talking and listening to players, we kept hearing that being a star of their own football story would be fantastic. With that in mind, we crafted Face of the Franchise: QB1, where the story is not only about you, but one where the choices you make matter.

It kicks off with creating yourself as a quarterback – even using “face editing” to get an improved likeness. Once you have your player, you begin in college, choosing from top schools to attend, then competing for a national championship in the college football playoffs. Be the BMOC and take home the title, but bring your A-game, because your performance in college – just like on the real collegiate gridiron – has an impact on your capabilities and your draft stock.

The NFL draft doesn’t just happen, though – the combine comes first. Ever-increasing in importance and scrutinization, the combine is a key part of the process. And here, if you want your stock to soar, you’ll need to focus on every rep and decision you make to keep your name rising on draft boards. Where will you get picked, and where will your NFL career start? You’ll find out on draft day!

IN THE LEAGUE

No matter where you get drafted – from first round to last – once a team picks you, you’re going to have to show you belong playing with the pros. Whether you’re a first-rounder who needs to prove you were the perfect high pick, or a seventh-rounder busting your ass to make the roster, if you want success you have to work hard and make each opportunity count.

In the NFL, start building your legacy and taking your franchise to winning seasons, expanding your legend with each snap. It’s not about the cash your contracts rack up, but about how many Super Bowls you win as your legend grows. Give your all – and have fun – as you play your way into memorable moments. When you celebrate your career at the end, will you be remembered among the greats, placed alongside them in the Hall of Fame?

As you live your superstar story, Madden’s new Scenario Engine generates personalized playable scenarios, events, and dynamic challenges that tell the tale of a unique NFL career. Adding to it, in Face of the Franchise: QB1, like in Franchise mode, you choose your Archetype: Strong Arm, Scrambler, Improviser, Field General. Superstar abilities are tied to the Archetype you pick. Levelling up your archetypes unlocks different abilities.

It’s time for you to take your place as the face of the franchise.

OTHER MADDEN FRANCHISE IMPROVEMENTS

While we heard fan feedback for a superstar experience, we also dove deep into the forums and reddit and worked with Gamechangers to round out Franchise mode in other ways, too. With that, here are a few more things to get you ready to break the huddle.

Pro Bowl Returns to Madden NFL 20

The first thing you’ll see while Madden NFL 20 sets up is the Pro Bowl. You can play the pro bowl while the game installs, and you will also have the opportunity to qualify for the Pro Bowl during your Franchise seasons. It’s another opportunity to gain valuable experience and add to your Legacy.

Ratings Spread

We’ve adjusted the range of ratings that you’ll see on players. What does this mean? As examples:

The ratings difference between a 90 OVR player and an 89 OVR player is now larger

Each skill point you spend will be more impactful, and you can earn more skill points over the course of a career

In some cases, you will now see a starter with an OVR in the mid-50s.

New Scenarios

We’ve added an all-new in-game system that generates personalized playable scenarios featuring interactions with characters via a variety of ways including branching dialogue, dynamic events that reflect your performance and choices, challenges that build the story of your unique NFL career (from the moment you sign your rookie contract to you Hall of Fame induction), and more.

Development Traits

We’ve made large updates to our Development Trait system to support Superstar and Zone abilities. The Development Traits in Madden 20 are: Normal, Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factor. Both Superstar and X-Factors players can earn Superstar Abilities, but only X-Factors can earn Zone Abilities. We’ve also addressed one of the communities’ biggest complaints: players dropping down in Development Trait. In Madden 20, players can no longer go down in Development Trait at the end of a season.

Coach Mode

Coach mode is also getting scenarios. And the changes to Development Traits have a big impact on Coach mode. Coaches will want to build up their teams with Superstars and X-Factor Superstars via Trades, free agency, and the draft. We’ve also added an overhauled lineup UI to make Franchise mode even smoother.

Contract Updates

We’ve taken a meticulous pass on existing player contracts to ensure they match the NFL. This will not only be more authentic, but it will also make managing your roster’s cap space more realistic.

Progression Updates

We’ve overhauled our progression tuning, including making changes to XP gains from weekly training, actions on the field, and goal completion. These changes should ultimately lead to users being able to increase the OVR of more players on their team meaning they have more option in how to develop their roster.

Draft Updates

We’ve taken a full pass on our Rookie Generators. People familiar with draft classes from the past few years are in for some new surprises, from names, to bodies, to ratings, and more.

One more draft surprise is that rookies with a Superstar Development or higher trait will have their development trait hidden until they’ve played through at least half of a season. These players have their abilities hidden until you reveal their Development Trait. This means that if you draft either a Superstar or an X-Factor Superstar you won’t know exactly what you’ve drafted until later in a season – use your preseason wisely.

Gameplay Effects Updated

We’ve implemented a ton of changes, like Throw Power overhauls to change QB trajectories. But that’s just one example! Tune in to our gameplay stream on 5/23 for more of the inside scoop on additions and changes you’ll find in Madden NFL 20.

[Reply]
Bump 05:49 PM 09-05-2019
I just updated the rosters manually and started a new franchise. But Luck was a free agent and the dirty Broncos thought they could pick him up and it was week 3 when I noticed they had him because he got player of the week. Went in there and edited all his stats to 1, he's ****ing retired damnit!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:07 PM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
I cant even run a fucking screen this year. As soon as the ball is snapped every dlineman is in my face. When you can get it off your running back is sucking someones dick instead of getting to where he is supposed to and it bounces off a defenders head or something. Try running the ball, by the time you can even control the guy he has 3 guys right in his fucking face. They don't even try to fucking do anything with blocking when they make these games. They legit don't give a shit
RB screens are super hard to run on this game, but you shouldn't have such an issue running. I'd suggest lowering the difficulty or the sliders.

Originally Posted by Bump:
I just updated the rosters manually and started a new franchise. But Luck was a free agent and the dirty Broncos thought they could pick him up and it was week 3 when I noticed they had him because he got player of the week. Went in there and edited all his stats to 1, he's ****ing retired damnit!
I was wondering why Luck was playing for the fucking Falcons in my franchise. Fucking lazy ass game lol
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:10 PM 09-05-2019
So I'm balls deep in a season. I've got a couple receivers out to injury. I'm in the 4th quarter and my offense is understandably gassed. So I draw up a play, line up and notice the dude in the slot is looking suspiciously goofy. And he's wearing #4. And his last name is Litton.

So I go check the depth chart: this bullshit ass game legit had Chase fucking Litton, the third string QB, at WR5 lol what a shitty fucking product
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:11 PM 09-05-2019
All these gripes are simply surprise mechanics, enjoy people.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:23 PM 09-05-2019
Tell me why Madden can’t incorporate long snappers into this game. Not fucking hard and it would be realistic.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:06 PM 09-05-2019
As a long time Madden guy who never dabbled in any other sports games, the last year I branched out to NBA 2k and MLB The show. Even though I don’t really follow those sports at all. And thE game play in those two franchises......Madden is t even in the discussion by comparison. Those other two are so much more fun to play . And this coming from someone who really only watches or cares about football

EA Madden is just stale and they’re mailing it in year after year. They could make a great game, but choose not to.
[Reply]
Bump 10:31 PM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
As a long time Madden guy who never dabbled in any other sports games, the last year I branched out to NBA 2k and MLB The show. Even though I don’t really follow those sports at all. And thE game play in those two franchises......Madden is t even in the discussion by comparison. Those other two are so much more fun to play . And this coming from someone who really only watches or cares about football

EA Madden is just stale and they’re mailing it in year after year. They could make a great game, but choose not to.
I played one year of MLB The Show and I definitely would have enjoyed franchise a lot more than diamond dynasty.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:36 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I played one year of MLB The Show and I definitely would have enjoyed franchise a lot more than diamond dynasty.
I should've clarified with I said franchises; I meant those games' series.; I've only really messed around with RTTS and maybe a few single games. Didn't really check out diamond dynasty since I don't know a heck of a lot about baseball anyway.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 09-06-2019
The Shows trade system is light years ahead of the one in Madden.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:17 PM 09-06-2019
I honestly think this game is on the right track..I played 17 a loopy due to it being free and it has way better mechanics and top wr actually catch 50/50 balls
[Reply]
Bump 06:09 PM 09-06-2019
I enjoy the franchise though. Since I had to start over I just simmed the first year and went into the 2nd year, drafted a CB in the 5th round that only got a 58 overall and he had 3 pick-6's in the first 2 games and instantly earned himself the starting slot corner spot. I haven't had any pick 6's at all up until that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:22 PM 09-06-2019
So what are some good ways to finesse the cap? I signed Tyreek and Chris Jones to mega deals early in the season. Now I've got Kendall Fuller balling out (he leads the league in TFL lol) so I'd like to get him inked before the season ends as well.

I kind of painted myself in a corner by signing those two and missing the trade deadline, but I'm thinking Eric Fisher, Sammy Watkins and Daniel Sorenson are goners after this season. Shit, I might even cut Sorenson now if I can.
[Reply]
Bump 09:17 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
So what are some good ways to finesse the cap? I signed Tyreek and Chris Jones to mega deals early in the season. Now I've got Kendall Fuller balling out (he leads the league in TFL lol) so I'd like to get him inked before the season ends as well.

I kind of painted myself in a corner by signing those two and missing the trade deadline, but I'm thinking Eric Fisher, Sammy Watkins and Daniel Sorenson are goners after this season. Shit, I might even cut Sorenson now if I can.
I was looking at guys that would give you the biggest savings and then trading them or cutting them. Fisher was saving 9 mill when I cut him. But I don't know the best ways to finesse the cap.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:17 PM 09-07-2019
The easiest ways to cheat the cap...you can edit contracts, or before resigning someone make them a kicker.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:25 PM 09-07-2019
Don't do that.

If you're gonna do that you might as well play on rookie.

The game actually got the cap right this year so...if you fuck up...you gotta deal with it.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 41
« First < 273334353637 38394041 >
Up