ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 48
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:36 PM 08-11-2018
Mark's beard is back and he flew out to Europe.

Totally-not-in-this-movie.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:28 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dead isn't dead to Jedi's. He and everyone who ever lived can come back as ghost Jedi's, correct?
I think it would be funny as hell if he just faded back in at the start of the movie and was alive and well.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:30 AM 08-13-2018
P.S. I hate Rian Johnson and hope they fire him from ever getting near another Star Wars film. Even as an audience member.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:45 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by Hawk:
What about the theory floating around that Rey is really the daughter of Han Solo and Qi'ra and is a half-sister to Kylo Ren? Anyone think that's a possibility in this movie?
That's possible but doesn't match up with Rey's force capabilities/potential in terms of lineage/bloodline.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:23 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
P.S. I hate Rian Johnson and hope they fire him from ever getting near another Star Wars film. Even as an audience member.
I'm out and done so I won't shit-talk the brand. What's the point?

I will admit to some curiosity in how you rebound from what Round head Rian did in TLJ. Just from the perspective of burning established cannon to the ground and having to take over from that. How do you pull that off?...
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:52 PM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm out and done so I won't shit-talk the brand. What's the point?

I will admit to some curiosity in how you rebound from what Round head Rian did in TLJ. Just from the perspective of burning established cannon to the ground and having to take over from that. How do you pull that off?...
Easy. Pretend it didn’t happen.

Have Luke return and “fade in”
Have Snoke jump into a new clone body and proclaim himself Palpatine’s clone
Have Rey be the leader of the Force kids or Luke be her father
Have the resistance from the outer rim finally show up
Etc., etc., etc.

Whatever they do will be a lame band-aid necessitated by Rian Johnson’s terrible movie.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:46 PM 08-17-2018
McDiarmid as Palps without the force lightning scarring would be cool to see, tbqh.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:33 AM 08-20-2018

Etc., etc., etc.

Whatever they do will be a lame band-aid necessitated by Rian Johnson’s terrible movie.
I'm not throwing stones I'm honestly asking. I know a ton of people who say "I want back in I just want Kennedy out and a return to what was before TLJ."

And I always ask "Ok, HOW would you do it?"

If it is pulled off that team deserves every award out there because they start off backed all the way into a corner. It'd be nearly impossible to back-track now...
[Reply]
bowener 01:08 PM 08-20-2018
I'm not throwing stones I'm honestly asking. I know a ton of people who say "I want back in I just want Kennedy out and a return to what was before TLJ."

If it is pulled off that team deserves every award out there because they start off backed all the way into a corner. It'd be nearly impossible to back-track now...
Well, it is JJ Abrams, so we should all go ahead and get used to the idea of a third act redepmtion plot point ripoff.

I have no idea where they are going to go with this now, but I am assuming that they will make Ren into a near godlike Sith lord now- like Vader and the Emperor combined. This seems somewhat obvious to me when you consider everything that has been done so far. Vader's saber becomes Ren's weird-ass saber; Deathstar becomes Deathplanet; The Executor becomes The Supremacy. Super Shredder from TMNT2 would fit right into this movie and not seem out of place.

Obviously, Rey (of light in the darkness) wins against all odds; probably with the help of every force ghost ever... this includes all the murdered Jedi Younglings. Oh, and count on some kind of furry midget things or an entire Wookie planet.

The universe is broken, and they need to go backwards about 3000 years in time to give us some new untouched stories. 15 years or so from now they can redo the prequels.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:49 AM 08-27-2018
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, farm boy. Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't" - Han Solo

With this quote and the name Millennium Falcon a writer should be able to concoct a story arc that dictates time travel if you want to keep Rey and the connection of the original storyline to jump start the franchise for a course correct.

Though as stated before I'd rather have a clean reboot.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:44 AM 08-27-2018
I probably won't be watching this in the theaters if at all.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:08 AM 08-27-2018

Etc., etc., etc.

IMO......

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:10 AM 08-27-2018
I just don't see then making any major changes that would erase #8. I think the Star Wars goose has been cooked.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:17 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I just don't see then making any major changes that would erase #8. I think the Star Wars goose has been cooked.
I've got it. Episode 8 was a force vision. Episode 9 picks up with Luke blinking and Rey handing him his lightsaber.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've got it. Episode 8 was a force vision. Episode 9 picks up with Luke blinking and Rey handing him his lightsaber.
Or Rey wakes up on the Millennium Falcon and finds Luke taking a shower, then realizes it was all a bad dream. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 48
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up