ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Halloween (2018)
pugsnotdrugs19 11:16 AM 06-08-2018
Kinda surprised this doesn’t already have a thread but I’ll get it rolling since the trailer dropped today. Can’t embed right now, my apologies.

TRAILER:

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:08 PM 10-21-2018
Why did they have a fairly interesting setup with Laurie, then kept cutting away to stupid high school kids that nobody cares about??

What was the point of the Doctor character? It felt like for a second they were gonna pull an ‘Iron Man3’. But then there was really no payoff to the whole thing. It ended up just being dumb and confusing.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 03:53 PM 10-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why did they have a fairly interesting setup with Laurie, then kept cutting away to stupid high school kids that nobody cares about??

What was the point of the Doctor character? It felt like for a second they were gonna pull an ‘Iron Man3’. But then there was really no payoff to the whole thing. It ended up just being dumb and confusing.
There was some open ended stuff that just got dropped or left out. But for a boogeyman movie made on $10 million dollars it was better than I was expecting.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:17 PM 10-21-2018
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
There was some open ended stuff that just got dropped or left out. But for a boogeyman movie made on $10 million dollars it was better than I was expecting.
Yes it felt like the more interesting Laurie PTSD story was fighting for time with the lame teenagers in peril storyline we have all seen a thousand times.

I’m sure they gave that stuff screentime for commercial reasons but man was that stuff dumb
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:19 PM 10-21-2018
So what caused the bus crash?

It could have been implied it was Laurie that intentionally caused it or the Doctor too.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:23 PM 10-21-2018

They needed a new Loomis.

But yeah, it was completely unnecessary.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:24 PM 10-21-2018

It could have been implied it was Laurie that intentionally caused it or the Doctor too.
Yep. That would have been an interesting bit of exposition from the Doctor when he started flipping out from out of the blue.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:32 PM 10-21-2018

I believe the doctor blamed Michael but I wouldn't suprised if that isnt addressed in the next one.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:18 AM 10-22-2018
Who was the black cowboy character supposed to be? He seemed like he could have been interesting but then he just sort of disappeared.

Why would you go thru the trouble of creating a distinctive character, then give him nothing to do?
That was the Sheriff.

Why did they dad that found the bus crash get out and leave his son all alone? Why wouldn’t he just back up and call 911?
Uhhh he didn't make it out lol.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:49 PM 10-22-2018
So I dvred the original Halloween on AMC...will it cut out much?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:10 PM 10-22-2018
I thought it was just OK.

The good:
Spoiler!

The bad:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:51 PM 10-23-2018
The Danny McBride humor was sort of weird and out of place too.

What was up with the two deputies joking in the car while Michael was creating carnage around Haddonfield?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:45 PM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought it was just OK.

The good:
Spoiler!

The bad:

Spoiler!
I only have ONE disagreement here.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:47 PM 10-23-2018
The entire series outside of the first two makes absolutely zero sense.

Halloween 3 is pretty good too if you understand it’s not supposed to be connected to the Myers saga at all.
Yeah, I mean... Halloween 2 is trash as well. Even Carpenter knows it. He had bills to pay.

Halloween is a great film. The original. GREAT film. My #2 scary movie of all time.

Behind The Thing. Which is probably my all time favorite movie.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:50 PM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
So I dvred the original Halloween on AMC...will it cut out much?
Nah. It's not a very gory movie and it's not loaded with swear words. You'll see more gore on prime time.

It doesn't NEED to be gory.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:26 AM 10-24-2018
You'll likely miss Judith's boobs watching the TV edit. Not a deal breaker though as you just get a quick grainy glimpse, but they're still pretty great.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up