ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Printer advice
007 02:03 AM 08-21-2019
I'm looking into replacing my old Brother all in one wifi printer. The thing doesn't print when any one of the four colors run out of ink. To be honest, I only need monochrome as printing in color is a waste of time for what we use it for.

While I liked the printer at first, I found the drivers to be a tremendous strain on any PC I installed it on. Caused slow boot up times. The android app sucks as well.

What printers have you found that have reasonable ink prices and just plain work. I'd still like an all in one for scanning and copying and love being connect via a phone app and isn't a Brother.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:53 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
My biggest issues with these printers is the fact I don't print in color. But when the color dries out I have to replace it just to continue printing in black. Its pure crap.
Not these ink-tank printers. I ask, do you not print in color because color printers suck, dry out and the cartridges cost too much compared to what they produce?

The ink-tank printers solve all those problems.

Like i said, i've had mine for over a year now and have yet to refill any of the inks. Supposedly you can get 6,000 pages of color prints on one ink cycle.

BUT, it is an Ink-jet, not a laser-jet, which means it still takes awhile to create a print. Compared to my Brother Laser-Jet it's slow as dick. But that's why i run both depending on the need.

It's great for us as a small business because now i can give customers full color instructions for our products without costing an arm and a leg, or needing a print shop to run us off copies, which is also expensive. It allows for better presentation in all of our documents, invoicing etc. And for things that don't require a top-notch presentation we just run the laser jet.
[Reply]
scho63 02:29 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
My first sentence answers your first question. I only need Black and white.

As far as the rest, we only use it for scanning documents and printing out my kids homework assignments. Standard quality.
https://www.cnet.com/topics/printers/best-printers/
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up