ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 295
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 11:06 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Complain about Clyde at Fashion Week but Mahomes is the one tonight at the Met Gala reppin' a Karl Lagerfeld theme.

(I imagine most of you have no clue what that means but it's basically the highest fashion honor party with a theme of the highest fashion honor.)
What team function did Mahones miss to go to that? It's not exactly the same thing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:09 AM 05-02-2023
Glad they declined and hopefully cut his ass after training camp
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Complain about Clyde at Fashion Week but Mahomes is the one tonight at the Met Gala reppin' a Karl Lagerfeld theme.

(I imagine most of you have no clue what that means but it's basically the highest fashion honor party with a theme of the highest fashion honor.)
I don't want CEH on this team but it's solely about football for me.

The people bitching about him going to New York just aren't thinking it through.

They want to complain that he didn't fulfill his contractual obligation to the Chiefs by missing the parade. They ignore the fact that he signed a CONTRACT for the show in New York. Contracts are contracts. You can't honor one and not the other and not be a fucking hypocrite.

They completely forget that Clyde was still on IR just DAYS before the SB and for all he and the team knew, he wasn't even going to suit up. And then you have to consider that they also didn't know that they were even going to have a parade until after the game is over.

People want to say "this is business" when it benefits their favorite team but when it's applicable to a player they don't like, consistent logic gets thrown out the window.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:26 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People want to say "this is business" when it benefits their favorite team but when it's applicable to a player they don't like, consistent logic gets thrown out the window.
Funny. You expect consistent logic from fans?
[Reply]
tredadda 11:31 AM 05-02-2023
I don't want CEH on this team but it's solely about football for me.

The people bitching about him going to New York just aren't thinking it through.

They want to complain that he didn't fulfill his contractual obligation to the Chiefs by missing the parade. They ignore the fact that he signed a CONTRACT for the show in New York. Contracts are contracts. You can't honor one and not the other and not be a fucking hypocrite.

They completely forget that Clyde was still on IR just DAYS before the SB and for all he and the team knew, he wasn't even going to suit up. And then you have to consider that they also didn't know that they were even going to have a parade until after the game is over.

True, but considering KC was in the SB there was a 50/50 shot they were going to win which means there was going to be a parade afterwards. Would have been a little bit wiser to have the SB and the week after open on your calendar, just in case. Would be different if this was scheduled in week 5 or something.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
It worked for the Raiders and Jacobs. Hope for similar results here for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Funny. You expect consistent logic from fans?
Methinks expecting logic at all from a group of people that are "fanatics" by definition is a fool's errand. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
True, but considering KC was in the SB there was a 50/50 shot they were going to win which means there was going to be a parade afterwards. Would have been a little bit wiser to have the SB and the week after open on your calendar, just in case. Would be different if this was scheduled in week 5 or something.
Again, he was on IR. He wasn't traveling with the team. Sure, he could have kept his schedule open but why? So he could make a token appearance as a guy that literally contributed nothing to a Super Bowl run and appease the fans?
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:39 AM 05-02-2023
He's average at best, so no
[Reply]
morphius 11:41 AM 05-02-2023
I honestly felt like the longer CEH has been here the worse he has looked, and I wondered how much of that had to do with our RB coach. Though we have appeared to replace an ex WR with another ex WR to coach RB's.

I don't even think his roster spot is guarantied at this point, and being active on game day is even less likely, but if a new coach can change a player...
[Reply]
tredadda 11:41 AM 05-02-2023
Again, he was on IR. He wasn't traveling with the team. Sure, he could have kept his schedule open but why? So he could make a token appearance as a guy that literally contributed nothing to a Super Bowl run and appease the fans?
Yes. Because he was a member of this team. It would have been his first and possibly only SB parade and while he had nothing to do with the SB win, he was a key player when healthy earlier in the season.

I don't hate CEH like others (although I don't want him taking a spot from someone else anymore), but I bet he is at the ring ceremony and takes his ring despite contributing nothing to a SB run. And he should as he was part of the team and I think he should have celebrated with his teammates and the fans.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:14 PM 05-02-2023
It does NOT make sense to cut Clyde Edwards-Helaire or give him away.

It would cost the Chiefs $2,577,503 in dead money to cut.

KC does not have an overflowing RB room where we have too much talent.

Since the Chiefs did not draft a running back, it would appear like KC plans to keep him for one more year with a cap charge of $3,443,229. To trade CEH, the Chiefs could save $2,085,670 and have $1,357,559 of dead money. Again, trading him for value might be OK but just throwing him away, like some want to do, does not make sense.

Clyde will be playing for his football life in 2023 so I think we will see his best effort.

Clyde's best season was in 2020 with 13 games, 181 carries, 803 yards, 4 TDs, 36 Rec, 297 yards, 1 TD. With Isiah Pacheco starting we won't see that kind of production, but we could still see a decent back to add with Isiah and Jerick.
[Reply]
Womble 12:17 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Can we also decline this turd's 4th year option too?
[Reply]
Womble 12:30 PM 05-02-2023

They want to complain that he didn't fulfill his contractual obligation to the Chiefs by missing the parade. They ignore the fact that he signed a CONTRACT for the show in New York. Contracts are contracts. You can't honor one and not the other and not be a ****ing hypocrite.
Christ you're a moron. You make it sound like the fashion show couldn't go on without some broke dick JAG NFL player showing up to it. People don't show up to places they're contractually obligated to all the time. It makes far more sense for the company for Clyde to turn up to the parade wearing the shitty clothes he's promoting than attend some show no one knows or cares about.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:41 PM 05-02-2023
Brett Veach on Clyde Edwards-Helaire-

“We’re excited though for Clyde this season. He was actually the first guy I saw in the building today, in tremendous shape."

“He’s a good football player. He’s going to help us out here, again, with these guys we have a list of things to do with a bunch of these guys and now that the draft is officially ended in the next coming weeks now’s the time we go through all that stuff and start making our plans for the future. But needless to say, we’re excited to have him back in the building today and look forward to hopefully a healthy 2023 campaign for him.”
[Reply]
Page 284 of 295
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Up