ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Official Washington Football Club vs Cowboys thread
Deberg_1990 03:38 PM 11-26-2020
Big game. Whoever wins is in the drivers seat for the NFC East title!

Let’s go Alex!!
[Reply]
alanm 10:33 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I drafted Ezekiel Elliott with the #6 pick in our draft this year so he was destined to immediately turn into trash. 2019 I drafted Tyreek who got hurt in week 1 and was out for a chunk, 2018 was Le'Veon Bell who held out for the entire season and 2017 was David Johnson and Deshaun Watson who both got hurt. I think it's worse than the Madden curse.
Have someone else draft for you. :-)
[Reply]
milkshock 10:39 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Absolute nonsense and you know it.

I can pull out dozens if not hundreds of posts of multiple posters tearing their hair out over Alex and demanding his immediate removal.

There is no need to revise what actually happened just because of the miracle comeback he has made.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Absolute nonsense and you know it.

I can pull out dozens if not hundreds of posts of multiple posters tearing their hair out over Alex and demanding his immediate removal.

There is no need to revise what actually happened just because of the miracle comeback he has made.
Who is revising anything?

It's called looking back in hindsight.

Nobody is changing the narrative, we're acknowledging the OUTCOME, which wasn't known at the time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 11-28-2020
Perhaps you missed the part where DaFace said Alex was a great GUY, not a great QB?
[Reply]
milkshock 11:13 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Perhaps you missed the part where DaFace said Alex was a great GUY, not a great QB?

The negatives outweigh the positives for me. A great guy counts for little to nothing, especially if you hold back championship calibre teams, which in my opinion, he did.

I still have nightmares about the Steelers and Titans games.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:16 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
The negatives outweigh the positives for me. A great guy counts for little to nothing, especially if you hold back championship calibre teams, which in my opinion, he did.
Dude, he was the right guy for the Chiefs at the time.

Once the Chiefs found the right ‘better guy’ they made their move and replaced him.

Who is saying the Chiefs should have kept Alex?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:20 AM 11-28-2020
Alex Smith was the best Chiefs QB since Dawson.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:31 AM 11-28-2020
Every time he's ever been asked about Smith, Pat has done nothing but heap praise upon him for the positive impact he had on his development. That really should cancel everything else out. He could just have easily been a butthurt prick about it and done harm instead of good. He didn't.

I railed against Smith. I hated it that he clearly had the ability to air it out but so often chose not to. Nobody was happier than me when we drafted his replacement, or showed him the door a year later.

But it's over now. We've got Pat. We got our Super Bowl. FFS....

[Reply]
jallmon 12:14 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Couldn’t blame them. At least Garrett was semi competent. McCarthy looks like a dude who got another payday and was like “**** it, I’ll do whatever”
To me he looks like Jerrah's eunuch. "I'll just waddle around and let Jerrah make all the decisions." What a sad ending to a fake career.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 01:15 PM 11-28-2020
I don't get why there is so much discussion on Smith. He is a good quarterback. In his prime he is a guy who can get you to the playoffs most seasons and if you have a good defense and things break your way, a shot at the title. Obviously Mahomes is a HOF Qb and you only get a chance to draft a guy like him once in a generation.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:58 PM 11-28-2020
Mahomes has already passed Alex in the Chiefs record books. His development was realized learning under Alex. It saved Mahomes a season of hard knocks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:07 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Every time he's ever been asked about Smith, Pat has done nothing but heap praise upon him for the positive impact he had on his development. That really should cancel everything else out. He could just have easily been a butthurt prick about it and done harm instead of good. He didn't.

I railed against Smith. I hated it that he clearly had the ability to air it out but so often chose not to. Nobody was happier than me when we drafted his replacement, or showed him the door a year later.

This

Be happy for Alex and move on
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:43 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This

Be happy for Alex and move on
Be happy that we are not stuck with his huge contract too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:25 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:

:-)

Exactly what I said earlier in the thread.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:26 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
I don't get why there is so much discussion on Smith. He is a good quarterback. In his prime he is a guy who can get you to the playoffs most seasons and if you have a good defense and things break your way, a shot at the title. Obviously Mahomes is a HOF Qb and you only get a chance to draft a guy like him once in a generation.
The only part I take exception to is the part in bold.

Alex Smith was not taking any team to a title. Ever.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up