ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buccaneers
Dante84 11:03 AM 11-23-2020
Notable Offensive Players: Brady, Godwin, Rojo, Gronk, Evans, Wirfs, Brown, Fournette

Notable Defensive Players: Suh, JPP, Barrett, Winfield, Davis, Dean

+ Tom is a statue, so we need to generate pressure through the middle otherwise he has weapons and can hit them in the mid-ranges, similar to Oakland last night. He's infinitely smarter than Carr, but probably less talented than the version of Carr we saw last night - or at least on par.

+ TB's receiving talent is right up there with the best in the league. For some reason Evans/Brady have been slightly off, and we'll have to hope that continues. Gronk is a shell of himself, but still a large target that might be difficult for, say, HB, to defend if the ball is placed in the right location.

+ TB's secondary is young, talented and smart, but prone to youthful mistakes. We should be able to confuse them as the game goes on.

+ TB's run game can be nasty, and we need to shut them down early. Rojo is no joke.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:53 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'm expecting one hell of an entertaining game like the Chiefs at Rams 54-51 game. The Bucs defense was supposed to be "best in the league" but I watched Jared Goff and Robert Woods rip them apart so surely Mahomes and company can score a lot on them.
With Watkins (hopefully) back, and Hardman a full go... Tampa's in deep doo-doo
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 AM 11-24-2020
The Bucs blitz constantly, it's a bad recipe against us.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:06 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
With Watkins (hopefully) back, and Hardman a full go... Tampa's in deep doo-doo
Fingers crossed on Watkins. Let's hope he can get through the week (let alone a single practice) without another injury, and let's hope he can make it through the game unscathed.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:09 AM 11-24-2020
Cowherd basically saying Brady is a bad fit for Arians offense.

Arians just like to Chuck everything deep, and Brady thrives off Short, high percentage throws

Palmer, Winston and now Brady all threw career high INTs under Arians.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:18 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Fingers crossed on Watkins. Let's hope he can get through the week (let alone a single practice) without another injury, and let's hope he can make it through the game unscathed.
Yeah we'll see, but we're in the back third of the season... its time for him to get right

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Arians just like to Chuck everything deep, and Brady thrives off Short, high percentage throws

He's right
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:46 AM 11-24-2020
It's also argued that a reason why Pittsburgh fired Arians as OC was because he kept getting Big Ben killed with his playcalling. Granted, Ben was all too happy to refuse to go down, thus taking extra punishment, but a bunch of those sacks were landing specifically because he was holding onto the ball too goddamn much.

Brady's obviously past that point in his career, but the offense is still not quite jiving with what Brady wants to do.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:50 AM 11-24-2020
Also I'm willing to bet (because the NFL is run by incompetent freaking morons) that Byron goddamn Leftwich will get a head coaching job next year, and he'll potentially get hired before Bieniemy gets his.

Guy has done jack shit as a coach/coordinator. Hell, this year he's not even motivating and getting after guys to get their shit straight like Bieniemy is constantly doing. Tom's doing all of that. And they're letting him.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:08 PM 11-24-2020
Lol. Fire up the disguised coverages, Spags.

“Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said Tom Brady might be getting confused by coverages, resulting in interceptions.

Brady threw two picks against the Rams on Monday night, including a back breaker on Tampa's final drive. Arians has been less than subtle in his criticism of Brady this year. When asked about Brady's final interception against LA, Arians said, "Best to talk to him about it, I guess." Saying Brady is being confused by opposing defenses is quite the stat.”
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:54 PM 11-24-2020
If you follow trends, the Bucs and Brady tend to bounce back pretty effectively after a loss so we'll likely get a better version of them on Sunday,
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:58 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If you follow trends, the Bucs and Brady tend to bounce back pretty effectively after a loss so we'll likely get a better version of them on Sunday,
Yeah I wish they would’ve won last night. However, we have the better QB (currently) and the better coach. If our defense shows up at all, we should win this game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:51 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah I wish they would’ve won last night. However, we have the better QB (currently) and the better coach. If our defense shows up at all, we should win this game.

I do like how Max Kellerman qualifies his QB comparisons.

Tom Brady has obviously done more and has more hardware because he’s been playing since 2001. He’s the most accomplished.

Is he better than Mahomes, though? No, he’s not. We have the better QB. Period. No currently qualifier necessary.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:52 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
If Carcosa my very favorite poster on double u double u double u dot chiefsplanet dot com (my very favorite website on the worldwide internet) starts the official game day thread at midnight central-standard time - my very favorite professional sporting football franchise team your home-town Kansas City Chiefs shall be victorious!
Excellent post, and very true!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:10 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Remember when he was the OC in Pittsburgh? They brought in Haley because they thought Arians was going to get Ben killed.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 03:18 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Bucs blitz constantly, it's a bad recipe against us.
That combined with a young secondary would tend to favor our offense. They do have a pretty good front, so hopefully the line can give Patrick enough time if they're only rushing 4.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:23 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought about that briefly as well. Upon further pondering, I'm glad they lost yesterday. It will give us a tougher matchup and prepare us better for big playoff games. Let the Buccaneers and Brady be desperate. I want us to face every team's best shot. Same with the Saints. I hope Brees is back to face us. We even played Carolina the one game they actually had McCaffrey.

Meanwhile, let the Steelers play against the stalwarts in the NFC East. That won't help prepare them for playoff games. Remember, they're still untested with this current roster come playoff time.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up