ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>"George Kittle is the best TE in the NFL"
CupidStunt 06:02 PM 01-12-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:25 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In the past two years alone, he's had the patella injury to his knee, an A/C joint shoulder separation and a bad ankle sprain.

Now, he's out for probably the rest of the season with a fractured foot - the same foot in which he had the ankle sprain.

Apparently, it's not as bad as a Jones fracture but it's still pretty bad.

Maybe he'll get over all of this and play for another 5+ years but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
Oh yeah. Broken foot this time.

I got tendinitis in my patellar tendon once. I can’t imagine spraining it.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:28 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
A better argument is: Kelce or Tony Gonzalez. Who’s better? I’m taking Kelce.
Not really. Kelce shows up in the playoffs.

Kelce would do as great on those past teams if not better being the sole receiving threat.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:34 PM 11-14-2020
I love Kittle and think he's a great player. Lots of heart. But he's #2.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:44 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Remember when an injured Kelce still decided to play the Texans playoff game and shredded the Texans secondary when we were down 24-0?

Legendary.

[Reply]
neech 04:53 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
If Kelce puts up a few more 1000 yard seasons, and racks up a couple more all-pro awards and another ring or two, he could be the best ever. But, it's not a done deal like so many seem to think.
That’s all he has to do.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:04 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
That’s all he has to do.
So, yeah. Look at these career stats, because it's not even close. Like I said in my post, I love Travis Kelce, but TG is so far above him it's not even close. There are only 2 players in the history of the NFL that caught more passes than Tony Gonzalez, and those are wide receivers Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald.

People who believe that Kelce is better than TG are welcome to their opinion, but the stats say otherwise, and in my opinion, there is no rational argument to be made for Travis being better than Tony.

Tony Gonzalez
1325 receptions
15,127 yards
111 Touchdowns
14 Pro Bowls
6 Time First Team All-Pro

Travis Kelce
565 receptions
7,234 yards
43 touchdowns
5 Pro Bowls
2 Times First Team All-Pro

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 05:28 PM 11-14-2020
So, yeah. Look at these career stats, because it's not even close. Like I said in my post, I love Travis Kelce, but TG is so far above him it's not even close. There are only 2 players in the history of the NFL that caught more passes than Tony Gonzalez, and those are wide receivers Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald.

People who believe that Kelce is better than TG are welcome to their opinion, but the stats say otherwise, and in my opinion, there is no rational argument to be made for Travis being better than Tony.

Tony Gonzalez
1325 receptions
15,127 yards
111 Touchdowns
14 Pro Bowls
6 Time First Team All-Pro

Travis Kelce
565 receptions
7,234 yards
43 touchdowns
5 Pro Bowls
2 Times First Team All-Pro

I think if you are going to compare them, compare the same number of years. Tony Gonzalez has played for more than twice the years than Kelce. I Think Kelce will have way better stats when he has been in the league as long as Gonzo (Especially with Mahomes pitching him the rock).

Looking at 'like' stats: (Kelce has been in the league for eight years including this year so I am only going to look at Gonzalez's first eight years. These numbers include playoffs as well)

Gonzalez:
Receptions: 600
Yards: 7191
TDs: 58

Kelce:
Receptions: 617
Yards: 7866
TDs: 49
Superbowls: 1

Gonzo still had more TDs, but Kelce killed him in yardage. Kelce also has a Superbowl ring.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:44 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
I think if you are going to compare them, compare the same number of years. Tony Gonzalez has played for a lot longer than Kelce.

Looking at 'like' stats: (Kelce has been in the league for eight years including this year so I am only going to look at Gonzalez's first eight years. These numbers include playoffs as well)

Gonzalez:

Receptions: 600

Yards: 7191

TDs: 58

Kelce:

Receptions: 617

Yards: 7866

TDs: 49

Superbowls: 1

Gonzo still had more TDs, but Kelce killed him in yardage. Kelce also has a Superbowl ring.
When people use the word "ever" you have to look at the totality of a players career.

If you choose to compare the players through the same number of games, you can't say best ever. You can say player z has been better than player y through x number of games.

Or you can say player z is on pace to surpass player y's career stats, or that player z is on pace to become the best ever.

But using the comparison through the same number of games has no correlation to who is actually the best player at that position in NFL history.

Right now all those stats I listed for TG are FACTS.

Projecting Kelce's stats based on his current pace, times the length of Gonzalez's career, is just SPECULATION

I would love for Kelce to play as long as TG did, and I would love to crown Kelce the best ever when he retires, and when that time comes, hopefully he will have been a Kansas City Chief his entire career.

TG didn't actually have to retire, because he was still an effective tight end, and he had developed a great off-season plan for taking care of his body. Right now, Kelce's off-season plan consists of a lot of partying. And Kelce is going to make a lot more money that TG ever did, so he may not have the desire or need to play as long as Tony did.

Tony Gonzalez is the best tight end in the history of the NFL. I hope we can say that about Kelce in the future. And as a side note, those people who believe Gronk is the best ever can just FO.

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:46 PM 11-14-2020
Travis is a few years older than Tony, relatively speaking, so it's very unlikely he'll play for as long as Tony did, but here are their statistics at this point in their respective careers:

127 games played
570 receptions
6915 yards
54 TD

105 games played
565 receptions
7234 yards
44 TD

(Games played discrepancy: Travis played only one game his rookie season, and obviously has 7 more to play this year.)
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:50 PM 11-14-2020
You say this:
Right now all those stats I listed for TG are FACTS.

Projecting Kelce's stats based on his current pace, times the length of Gonzalez's career, is just SPECULATION
And then you say this:
Originally Posted by :
TG didn't actually have to retire, because he was still an effective tight end, and he had developed a great off-season plan for taking care of his body. Right now, Kelce's off-season plan consists of a lot of partying.
That sounds an awful lot like speculation. Unless I miss my guess and you're a close personal friend of both of them and have direct evidence of both statements.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:58 PM 11-14-2020
Looking back over the last few pages, I don't see anyone actually arguing that Kelce is the best tight end ever. I see a couple of comments saying that he could be after a few more years. But none saying that he is.

What I do see is people saying Kelce is better than Gonzalez at this point in their career. Which is pretty easy to argue statistically.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anyone saying Kelce is the best ever at the position. So I'm kind of left wondering why you're arguing so vehemently against a point that nobody seems to be making.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:05 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
You say this:And then you say this:That sounds an awful lot like speculation. Unless I miss my guess and you're a close personal friend of both of them and have direct evidence of both statements.
No, you are correct. I was speculating that TG could have piled onto his already ridiculous stats, but I didn't speculate about what is actual stats are.

The stats I listed are facts. They don't include speculation, or require a formula to calculate. They are concrete, tangible, facts.

I am not bashing Kelce. I freaking love Travis as a player, and I love how he and Mahomes are so linked and in sync with each other. But no matter how awesome I think he is, he is not the best tight end ever.

Some people in the thread were already crowning him as the GOAT, and I can't agree with that.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:05 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Looking back over the last few pages, I don't see anyone actually arguing that Kelce is the best tight end ever. I see a couple of comments saying that he could be after a few more years. But none saying that he is.

What I do see is people saying Kelce is better than Gonzalez at this point in their career. Which is pretty easy to argue statistically.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anyone saying Kelce is the best ever at the position. So I'm kind of left wondering why you're arguing so vehemently against a point that nobody seems to be making.
Maybe I was wrong. I thought some had said best ever. If that isn't the case, my bad.

[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 06:37 PM 11-14-2020
Maybe I was wrong. I thought some had said best ever. If that isn't the case, my bad.

I never said that he was the best, I was simply pointing out that in my opinion it makes more sense to compare them more on a like nmumber of games played as Gonzo played for more than twice as long as Kelce has been in the league.

I love them both, hell, my first Chiefs jersey was a Gonzalez jersey. I still think that Kelce will end up being statistically better when all is said an done. Yes, that is speculation.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:44 PM 11-14-2020
This is a stupid argument...

Appreciate the fact that this organization has had multiple great TEs over the years, no need to have a pissing contest over which one was best
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up