ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Time Mag: Entertainer of the Year (2019)
Prison Bitch 08:51 AM 12-12-2019

Surely, in the year of our lord 2019, you know who Lizzo is. I mean, even if you don’t think you know, girl—you know.

https://time.com/entertainer-of-the-year-2019-lizzo/
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:02 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I love how this fat whale gets celebrated but a fit woman who received a workout machine gets ridiculed. man this ****ed up world we live in
Mankind has tricked it's self into glamorizing misfits and losers. Evolution will sort this whole mess out eventually, no worries!
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:13 PM 12-13-2019
Because I do not want the search profiling in my Google info, what does this person do? So far I've seen twerking and fluatist gifs.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:23 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Because I do not want the search profiling in my Google info, what does this person do? So far I've seen twerking and fluatist gifs.
She's probably the biggest recording artist in the world, at the moment. She writes music, performs it, and it's fucking great. She has quite a following, because she not only rejects the idea that she isn't beautiful, she flaunts it, celebrates it, and AGGRESSIVELY promotes it. She treats her body as if it were Shakira's. She acts and moves the same way, as if she is just as sexy as any other female performer. People love that.

For me, I love her music. It's so fucking fun. Her lyrics are fantastic.

But, I think body positivity has crossed the pale. Love your body, yes. Love it for how it is, but guess what... heart disease isn't sexy. Type 2 diabetes isn't lit. If you really loved your body, you'd take better care of it.

Some girls eat healthy, exercise, stay active, and they are just big. Great! Terrific for you. Love yourself.

Some people just want to say "whatever I am, it's perfect," which completely discounts any kind of personal responsibility for yourself. I'm not the biggest Jocko Willinck fan, but a lot of these "body positive" people need to read Extreme Ownership and start getting up at 4:30AM to work out.
[Reply]
burt 01:26 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
She's probably the biggest recording artist in the world, at the moment.
Was this a pun?
[Reply]
vailpass 01:27 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Your words are the ones that mean jack shit.

You complain about something. It is pointed out to you that you are incorrect. You then complain about my attitude being ableist (how pointing out the article talks about her weight when you said they were portraying her as not fat is me being ableist... I have no ****ing clue).

You debate like a middle school kid.

:-):-):-):-) - Yeah... those 8 Grammy nominations were also because she is fat. Nothing at all to do with talent. /s
"ableist". I think we're done here.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:29 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by burt:
Was this a pun?
No, but... It should have been.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:37 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
"ableist". I think we're done here.
Autocorrect got me there.

Yes... you called me an enabler.

Originally Posted by :
Don't care. Don't want to see it. Common decency is common decency. Attitudes like yours are what makes these ocean toads think it's ok to go out in public like thi
What... there is nowhere else for you to move the goalposts?

Now I refute my part in how "my attitude making ocean toads..." and you bail like the bitch you are.

Why not go back to your first point and tell us some more about how Time magazine "Portrayed a grossly obese female as though she were anything but scores escalator points on the current woke scale and Time has achieved bonus play."
[Reply]
vailpass 01:43 PM 12-13-2019
She's probably the biggest recording artist in the world.
Certainly looks that way.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:45 PM 12-13-2019
Autocorrect got me there.

Yes... you called me an enabler.

What... there is nowhere else for you to move the goalposts?

Now I refute my part in how "my attitude making ocean toads..." and you bail like the bitch you are.

Why not go back to your first point and tell us some more about how Time magazine "Portrayed a grossly obese female as though she were anything but scores escalator points on the current woke scale and Time has achieved bonus play."
Bro, you're taking me a little more seriously than I'm taking myself here. How about if I acknowledge that big girls need lovin' too and we call it good?
[Reply]
eDave 01:47 PM 12-13-2019
To me, she's the obvious choice this year. She brings a fresh approach to music production and entertainment, combined with a positive message that appeals to everyone.

That babe's got 8 Grammy nominations.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:48 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Certainly looks that way.
Amazed you didn't take the opportunity in this thread to make another racial slur based comment like you did in the SI thread. Guess you need someone to set you up, eh?

Bro... Lizzo is a talented artist. Why can't you just call a spade a spade?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=141
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:50 PM 12-13-2019
She's probably the biggest recording artist in the world, at the moment. She writes music, performs it, and it's fucking great. She has quite a following, because she not only rejects the idea that she isn't beautiful, she flaunts it, celebrates it, and AGGRESSIVELY promotes it. She treats her body as if it were Shakira's. She acts and moves the same way, as if she is just as sexy as any other female performer. People love that.

For me, I love her music. It's so fucking fun. Her lyrics are fantastic.

But, I think body positivity has crossed the pale. Love your body, yes. Love it for how it is, but guess what... heart disease isn't sexy. Type 2 diabetes isn't lit. If you really loved your body, you'd take better care of it.

Some girls eat healthy, exercise, stay active, and they are just big. Great! Terrific for you. Love yourself.

Some people just want to say "whatever I am, it's perfect," which completely discounts any kind of personal responsibility for yourself. I'm not the biggest Jocko Willinck fan, but a lot of these "body positive" people need to read Extreme Ownership and start getting up at 4:30AM to work out.
Thanks! Agree on all fronts. Jocko is a fucking beast!
[Reply]
lcarus 02:20 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
This... I will sample it...but I’m pretty sure I won’t like it...
Don't do it. I had never heard of her either so I looked up a couple of her videos. "Truth Hurts" and "Good As Hell". Shit was terrible.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:32 PM 12-13-2019
Amazed you didn't take the opportunity in this thread to make another racial slur based comment like you did in the SI thread. Guess you need someone to set you up, eh?

Bro... Lizzo is a talented artist. Why can't you just call a spade a spade?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=141
Sounds like you want to roll this hog in flour and find the wet spot. Good on you. God bless the whale hunters, you are God's chosen wing men.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:37 PM 12-13-2019
Who would have guessed that with nothing more than his pluck, his charisma, and some make-up tips from Justin Trudeau that Meatloaf would stage another late-career comeback?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up