ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jeff Gladney
RunKC 07:07 PM 01-26-2020
Really like this guy and think that the depth in this class could push him to us.

He’s got some quality speed, good technique, turns his head for the ball. Oh and he’s definitely a dawg.

Just watched Jeff Gladney vs. Denzel Mims and it might be the best prospect battle I've seen so far

Mims has the size advantage but Gladney's speed and aggressiveness at the catch point was fantastic pic.twitter.com/svfvt2R3jI

— Connor Rogers (@ConnorJRogers) January 8, 2020

Jeff Gladney just killed someone holy shit pic.twitter.com/OQZF8If5aV

— Jack (@PintOfJack) November 16, 2019

.@TCUFootball CB Jeff Gladney (@JGreatness_12) reached a max speed of 23.5 MPH on this play💨 #myRAmaxspeed

Gladney, a 1st team All-Big 12 & 2nd team FWAA All-America will likely go early in this year’s #NFLDraft @JReidNFL | @JimNagy_SB | @nfldraftscout pic.twitter.com/pddPzF8sTY

— Recruiting Analytics (@RecruitAlytics1) January 21, 2020

Mistype on my first post. My draft profile on Jeff Gladney will be out today. He is flying up my draft board. Here is an intriguing quote from The Athletic, pic.twitter.com/AnZfRSwrp3

— Chris Mallee (@mallee_chris_24) January 18, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:48 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m with you here. Okafor and Ogbah (if he stays) are coming off of torn pecs. We’ll also lose Tanoh after next year and Okafor will be too expensive in year 3.

I like corner or pass rusher with that pick as of now.

I really like what Shannahan has done with his RB’s. Surely Andy can find a sub 4.4 RB with solid vision to fit his scheme. I mean he did with Damien Williams.
Barring a big uptick in production, I don't think they won't be able to keep Tanoh if they want to.

I'd bet Okafor and Ogbah both come back; why wouldn't they? 1) both had started playing well 2) both had "lost seasons" due to injury and 3) They're rejoining a world championship team.

re-stocking DE is still a smart move.

My biggest concern is still IOL.

And we've only got a couple more years of peak OT play.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I could agree at DE, but I don't think RB in the first is good value for a team like The Chiefs.
That’s silly IMO. Swift and Dobbins are excellent backs that are only going to make it to us (1 of them at least) because of positional value and the fact that a shit ton of teams have good young RB’s. If you can get Kareem Hunt type of player at 31/32 with no off the field trouble that’s great value.

We’re probably losing Watkins, so I think having a stud RB again can help offset that loss.

If there’s a LB, CB, or Edge available that are great value as well I have no problem taking them over either of those RB’s, but Swift or Dobbins at the end of the 1st would be excellent selections.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:47 AM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s silly IMO. Swift and Dobbins are excellent backs that are only going to make it to us (1 of them at least) because of positional value and the fact that a shit ton of teams have good young RB’s. If you can get Kareem Hunt type of player at 31/32 with no off the field trouble that’s great value.

We’re probably losing Watkins, so I think having a stud RB again can help offset that loss.

If there’s a LB, CB, or Edge available that are great value as well I have no problem taking them over either of those RB’s, but Swift or Dobbins at the end of the 1st would be excellent selections.
I guess I just see the rushing issues as more line/injury oriented than anything.

Since Fisher's been back and the offensive line has settled in after a few games, Damien's been excellent. I doubt we'll run the ball a ton no matter who's back there; it's more a short range receiver. Even without Watkins you're talking about like...a fourth option.

I just feel like we have greater need areas, I guess.

And corners you just always need.

I'm down with a RB, I just think DE, LB, CB, IOL are all more pressing. I could do a RB in the 3rd or 4th.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 01-30-2020
I guess I just see the rushing issues as more line/injury oriented than anything.

Since Fisher's been back and the offensive line has settled in after a few games, Damien's been excellent. I doubt we'll run the ball a ton no matter who's back there; it's more a short range receiver. Even without Watkins you're talking about like...a fourth option.

I just feel like we have greater need areas, I guess.

And corners you just always need.

I'm down with a RB, I just think DE, LB, CB, IOL are all more pressing. I could do a RB in the 3rd or 4th.
I’m just talking from a BPA standpoint. As good as Williams has been, he’s still been under 4 YPC in the playoffs. We can absolutely use an upgrade.

Dobbins or Swift all the way at 31/32 has a very good chance to be BPA. Picking that late sucks, but if you get a top 20 talent at a position of need, you take it and run with it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:52 PM 01-31-2020
I’m just talking from a BPA standpoint. As good as Williams has been, he’s still been under 4 YPC in the playoffs. We can absolutely use an upgrade.

Dobbins or Swift all the way at 31/32 has a very good chance to be BPA. Picking that late sucks, but if you get a top 20 talent at a position of need, you take it and run with it.
COMPLETELY AGREE :-) . So many folks love to take the run game for granted and I don't understand why. Give Pat an elite RB and this offense has the potential to be the best ever. We saw a brief glimpse of that last season. I think one or two of Taylor, Swift and Dobbins will fall to us and unless there's an elite LB or CB on the board I'm certainly taking the RB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 PM 01-31-2020
I don't take it for granted, I just think the problem is run BLOCKING, and particularly inside.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:32 PM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
COMPLETELY AGREE :-) . So many folks love to take the run game for granted and I don't understand why. Give Pat an elite RB and this offense has the potential to be the best ever. We saw a brief glimpse of that last season. I think one or two of Taylor, Swift and Dobbins will fall to us and unless there's an elite LB or CB on the board I'm certainly taking the RB.
Outside of two top-10 picks in Okudah and Simmons, who exactly are the "elite" LBs and CBs in this year's draft? I ask that honestly because I don't see any that are. I see some guys at both positions that I think have elite traits that I'd take a shot on in day 2... but in round 1 hmmm.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:50 AM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Outside of two top-10 picks in Okudah and Simmons, who exactly are the "elite" LBs and CBs in this year's draft? I ask that honestly because I don't see any that are. I see some guys at both positions that I think have elite traits that I'd take a shot on in day 2... but in round 1 hmmm.
How many genuinely elite guys do you see in this draft total, at any position?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:32 AM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Folks have been talking about that Kenneth Murray kid from Oklahoma and the Kristian Fulton kid from LSU for example. I'd be happy to take one of those and than maybe choose a RB In the third round or something. The gems we might be able to get in that round are Clyde-Edwards and Akers.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:34 AM 02-01-2020
I don't take it for granted, I just think the problem is run BLOCKING, and particularly inside.
Well hopefully Veach and co can deal with that problem as well as get a decent RB . I just miss the days when we had someone like Hunt who teams had to account for...imagine if we had him In this SB? The Niners would be completely screwed imo.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Well hopefully Veach and co can deal with that problem as well as get a decent RB . I just miss the days when we had someone like Hunt who teams had to account for...imagine if we had him In this SB? The Niners would be completely screwed imo.

agreed on the first point.

On the second...we just don't run block inside well at all. I don't know that Hunt would make as dramatic a difference as you think. We REALLY miss Morse in the middle, he allowed us to do a lot of things we can no longer do. Not saying we should've kept him-with the concussion history it wasn't wise. But Reiter kind of sucks and can't move like he could. Wiz is a good pass blocker but also not that great at run blocking. Same with LDT.

The best back for a line like that would be an in his prime Jamaal Charles; he could make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Anyway, we can agree that an upgrade at interior line is needed, and an influx of talent at the RB position would also be good.

It's still possible that Darwin will be a good player as well, if not a 3 down feature back.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:41 PM 02-01-2020
Yeah I can’t take a RB at 31/32. I know it would be fun, but it can’t happen. We have more pressing needs like corner.

If/when we pay Jones, they’ll be minimal money to go around. I’d like to use that minimal money on bringing back Wiz and Pennel for cheap, which I think they will do. I don’t think we’ll have money to bring back Fuller or Breeland. They’ll get good money offers that we can’t match.

I’m all for a RB later, but I trust Andy to the fullest. He’ll find another guy in the mid rds or FA for cheap who will produce.

IMO I’d attack DL, IOL and corner early. LB is a possibility but that could also be good for later. I would love to take a receiver in the mid rds. Damn that would be great. But corner is a big concern to me and it makes it worse that Thornhill is likely out the first half of the season.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:51 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
How many genuinely elite guys do you see in this draft total, at any position?
I have 23

QB Joe Burrow, LSU
QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
RB JK Dobbins, Ohio State
RB D'Andre Swift, Georgia
RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma
WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama
WR Tee Higgins, Clemson
LT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
RT Jedrick Wills, Alabama
OL Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
OC Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU
DE Chase Young, Ohio State
DE Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State
DE AJ Epenesa, Iowa
DT Derrick Brown, Auburn
DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina
DT Ross Blacklock, TCU
LB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State
S Grant Delpit, LSU
S Xavier McKinney, Alabama

I think we'll see other guys turn into great players, these are the ones I see as the "most sure" ones to be great players. There are probably 50 others I'm quite high on that need some work.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 PM 02-05-2020
The more I watch this guy, the more I’d be willing to take him at 32.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:19 AM 02-06-2020
The more I watch this guy, the more I’d be willing to take him at 32.
I'm down
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up