ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1603 of 2138
« First < 603110315031553159315991600160116021603 16041605160616071613165317032103 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The 10pm thread (archived)
crazycoffey 10:00 PM 01-05-2007
The big anti-hijack thread.....
Talk about anything, but if this works than we don't have to keep looking around all the threads to see who is still on tonight, and every night, or even every day! Talk about the chiefs, talk about tomorrow, talk about football, politics or even how to do flooring and the applicable budget. What you're drinking, how hard it is to sleep, etc. Every thing is acceptable in this thread.....

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=2 see for yourself, it is ten o'clock somewhere.
Bugeater 10:32 PM 12-29-2007
Oh, I thought vegan and vegetarian were the same thing, i was just trying to save a few keystrokes. So do you not like meat, or do you just not like the idea of eating animals?
Joie 10:39 PM 12-29-2007
Originally Posted by GoBo:
Oh, I thought vegan and vegetarian were the same thing, i was just trying to save a few keystrokes. So do you not like meat, or do you just not like the idea of eating animals?
Vegans use no animal products whatsoever. I'm technically an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

When I was 14, it started really bothering me to eat meat. Slowly over a few years I evolved into a vegetarian. I've been one more than half my life, I'll be 29 next week. Right before I gave up meat I'd been having horrible headaches for months, and they went away as soon as I stopped eating meat. My mom thinks the two are related. I dunno. I really don't like the thought of eating animals but I don't push my thoughts on anyone else. And I do cook meat for Aces and the kids.
Bugeater 10:50 PM 12-29-2007
I couldn't imagine not eating meat. I've even butchered cows before and it didn't bother me one bit. I've heard of people visiting packing houses and not being able to eat beef for a while afterwards, not me, I could pick up a burger on the way home from one.

Although my all-meat Super Bowl party I tried a few years ago didn't go over so well, we eventually had to mix in some bread, potato chips and other stuff. I found out I do have my limits.
Joie 10:56 PM 12-29-2007
I really don't know why it bothers me so much. I have a pretty strong stomach (my cousin likes to show me pics of deer he's killed and my little brother hunts), and I can cook meat but I don't like to handle it raw and could never kill or butcher an animal. I'm the only vegetarian in my family. My brother is my exact opposite, he loves to hunt and eats the deer he kills all year. He even had a pig butchered that was named after him!
Simplex3 10:56 PM 12-29-2007
I could go vegetarian. Not that I am anxious too, and not because I feel bad for the poor, poor animals.
Joie 11:03 PM 12-29-2007
I get asked all the time what I eat if not meat. There's a whole range of food out there that isn't meat. I made spaghetti tonight and didn't add meat. I'm not even sure anyone noticed.
Bugeater 11:15 PM 12-29-2007
Originally Posted by Joie:
I get asked all the time what I eat if not meat. There's a whole range of food out there that isn't meat. I made spaghetti tonight and didn't add meat. I'm not even sure anyone noticed.
I would've noticed, but as long as it had some nice hunks of mushrooms and was served with some garlic cheese bread I could probably overlook the fact it didn't have any meat in it. Maybe.
Joie 11:18 PM 12-29-2007
I would've noticed, but as long as it had some nice hunks of mushrooms and was served with some garlic cheese bread I could probably overlook the fact it didn't have any meat in it. Maybe.
No mushrooms because Aces and my oldest stepdaughter don't like them. But the sauce was homemade and I made breadsticks from scratch so everyone was happy.
Buehler445 11:19 PM 12-29-2007
I couldn't imagine not eating meat. I've even butchered cows before and it didn't bother me one bit. I've heard of people visiting packing houses and not being able to eat beef for a while afterwards, not me, I could pick up a burger on the way home from one.

Although my all-meat Super Bowl party I tried a few years ago didn't go over so well, we eventually had to mix in some bread, potato chips and other stuff. I found out I do have my limits.
I'm with you big man. Maybe it is something about Nebraska:-).

That being said, I don't have anything against vegetarians. I view it as just not liking meat. Kinda like I don't like Asparigus. But what I CAN'T stand is when people are like "I don't know how you can eat that its sooooo gross." Or go off about how we are murderers or whatever.

Funk dat. I don't eat the asparigus, but I don't pitch a fit about it.

JMO. Not aimed at anybody here.
Simplex3 11:20 PM 12-29-2007
Ha! We had rotini with no meat in the sauce tonight. I had tofu, broccoli and carrot stir fry for lunch. Actually, I think I had a vegetarian day...
Joie 11:23 PM 12-29-2007
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

That being said, I don't have anything against vegetarians. I view it as just not liking meat. Kinda like I don't like Asparigus. But what I CAN'T stand is when people are like "I don't know how you can eat that its sooooo gross." Or go off about how we are murderers or whatever.

To each his own. I don't eat meat, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. And I like asparagus, but I wouldn't force you to eat it.
Joie 11:24 PM 12-29-2007
Originally Posted by Simplex3:
Ha! We had rotini with no meat in the sauce tonight. I had tofu, broccoli and carrot stir fry for lunch. Actually, I think I had a vegetarian day...
Oddly enough, I hate tofu as much as I dislike meat.
Buehler445 11:29 PM 12-29-2007
To each his own. I don't eat meat, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. And I like asparagus, but I wouldn't force you to eat it.
Good!!! :-):-):-)
Bugeater 11:35 PM 12-29-2007
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Yeah, the PETA-types are quite annoying, they're almost as bad as bible-thumpers. They came to Omaha a few years ago and protested in front of a grocery store, and one of the TV stations was there interviewing shoppers and most of them were buying meat just to spite them. I don't think they've ever been back, they may as well give up on this state, especially a city that was built on the meatpacking industry.
Joie 11:39 PM 12-29-2007
Yeah, the PETA-types are quite annoying, they're almost as bad as bible-thumpers. They came to Omaha a few years ago and protested in front of a grocery store, and one of the TV stations was there interviewing shoppers and most of them were buying meat just to spite them. I don't think they've ever been back, they may as well give up on this state, especially a city that was built on the meatpacking industry.
PETA is a bunch of hypocrites. They gassed a vanload of dogs a year or two ago. One of my friends little sister rescued a cat from a lab when she was 13 and PETA bombarded her with graphic propoganda. They give a bad name to vegetarians.
Page 1603 of 2138
« First < 603110315031553159315991600160116021603 16041605160616071613165317032103 > Last »
Up