ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Connecticut SC will allow people to sue weapons manufacturers following Sandy Hook
MephistophelesJanx 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by :
The Connecticut Supreme Court dealt a major blow to the firearms industry on Thursday, clearing the way for a lawsuit against the companies that manufactured and sold the semiautomatic rifle used by the gunman in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
https://www.nytimes.com/…/ny…/sandy-...me-court.html…

Absolutely bonkers. Get ready because it is time to sue Ford when someone uses a vehicle to mow down protestors. It is time to sue Prestone when someone poisons a bunch of people with anti-freeze. Definitely time to sue Budweiser and Malboro for the obvious reasons.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:28 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
https://www.nytimes.com/…/ny…/sandy-...me-court.html…

Absolutely bonkers. Get ready because it is time to sue Ford when someone uses a vehicle to mow down protestors. It is time to sue Prestone when someone poisons a bunch of people with anti-freeze. Definitely time to sue Budweiser and Malboro for the obvious reasons.
Are any of those other products you mentioned designed to kill?
[Reply]
threebag02 11:34 AM 03-15-2019
Welcome to the Liberal lifestyle
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:35 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Are any of those other products you mentioned designed to kill?
If they can find that it’s possible that the manufacturers advertising was the real reason that a depressed, anorexic, schizophrenic 20 year old man murdered his mother and stole her guns to commit mass murder, then anything is possible.

That’s essentially what this court has ruled.

It’s judicial activism at its worst.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:44 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
If they can find that it’s possible that the manufacturers advertising was the real reason that a depressed, anorexic, schizophrenic 20 year old man murdered his mother and stole her guns to commit mass murder, then anything is possible.

That’s essentially what this court has ruled.

It’s judicial activism at its worst.
He was autistic, actually.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:51 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
He was autistic, actually.
He was also anorexic, schizophrenic, and depressed.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:57 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
They ruled that the Connecticut consumer protection statute overruled the federal lawful commerce in arms statute. I’m not sure what precedent there would be for such a ruling but it seems likely that even if they win, it would only apply in Connecticut. Although a lot of other states would follow suit if that happened, I’m sure.
I guess the dummy judges forgot about the Commerce Clause.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:59 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
I guess the dummy judges forgot about the Commerce Clause.
I believe you meant the Supremacy Clause.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up