ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 151
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 12:33 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
FSU finished 15 in Pomeroy. It’s a dumb discussion. Only dumb people even dignify it. That’s why the dumb person on here is dignifying it.
Yes, and I get that. But I didn't think they were even that high in the AP or coaches poll. I just can't figure out how they think this is even close to being legit. Anyone other than Kansas should be laughed at for making a claim such as this.
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:55 PM 03-16-2020
can we start the '20-'21 thread now?
[Reply]
Al Czervik 01:02 PM 03-16-2020
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

This mock has Ochai, Dotson, and Udoka all going at the end
of the first round.

Interesting.....
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:08 PM 03-16-2020

NCAA basketball coaches have spoken: Kansas is the nation's No. 1 team. https://t.co/CL0Csbw5DU

— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) March 16, 2020

First confirmation of our national championship year. Hilarious that three petty coaches dropped us since last week, though, to ensure it wasn't unanimous.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 01:12 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

First confirmation of our national championship year. Hilarious that three petty coaches dropped us since last week, though, to ensure it wasn't unanimous.
Any way to see who those 3 coaches are?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:17 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Any way to see who those 3 coaches are?
No.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:22 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

This mock has Ochai, Dotson, and Udoka all going at the end
of the first round.

Interesting.....
Dotson and Udoka make sense. I could see Doke fall a little lower.

Ochai is a head scratcher, but the league does draft on potential. Feels like he would get stuck in the G League for awhile if he declares.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:24 PM 03-16-2020
No.
Squeaky, Cuonzo, Gregg. Boom, you know I’m right
[Reply]
BWillie 01:28 PM 03-16-2020

I also find it interesting they moved Florida State down a spot...perhaps because of what one of their congressman or senators did by declaring them Natty Champs? hmmm
[Reply]
Al Czervik 02:30 PM 03-16-2020
Squeaky, Cuonzo, Gregg. Boom, you know I’m right
Rep
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:16 PM 03-16-2020
My source tells me Agbaji told Self he plans to come back.

I think that’s a mistake if true. But that’s what I’m hearing.
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:34 PM 03-16-2020
Trying to claim this year as a championship?

sad
[Reply]
BWillie 04:38 PM 03-16-2020
My source tells me Agbaji told Self he plans to come back.

I think that’s a mistake if true. But that’s what I’m hearing.
If he's guaranteed a 1st round spot it is. The guy can barely dribble. He's just not a skilled player, but he has all of the athleticism and talent in the world. Reasonable shot too that is going to only get better.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:54 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Trying to claim this year as a championship?

sad
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...bill-self-says

Originally Posted by :
If the NCAA decides to use the final polls to identify a national champion after cancelling the NCAA tournament amid coronavirus concerns, Bill Self will gladly accept the trophy.

The head coach at Kansas, the projected No. 1 overall seed had the 68-team field been announced, said he understands the polls -- Kansas is No. 1 in the final USA Today Coaches' Poll -- being used to decide a champion wouldn't be the typical way to identify a champion but he also said he'd be "in favor" of an alternate process in a unique season.

"I would think, from our standpoint, that would be great," Self said on a Monday teleconference. "But even if that occurred, and I don't think it would, there'd be a huge asterisk on our side and I'd be the first one to admit it. This would be the year I'd be all in favor because there's a great chance we'd be No. 1 in the country in most everything when all the rankings are turned in."

Polls were used to select college football champions prior to the implementation of the BCS system in the late 1990s.
It's happening. Self has already begun to change his tune since Saturday, as expected, and it will only continue down the road.

We will get our banner raised come the fall and rightfully so.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:58 PM 03-16-2020
I highly doubt that
Originally Posted by :
If Selection Sunday had happened, Self said he would have picked Houston over Indianapolis, a right granted to the top overall seed because the Friday-Sunday games would have given his team an extra day to prepare. Udoka Azubuike, a Wooden Award candidate, was nursing an ankle injury late in the season.
I win again.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 151
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up