ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 866 of 3903
« First < 366766816856862863864865866 86786886987087691696613661866 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This an interesting analysis. Just posted a snippet, shit is long.

How deadly is the coronavirus? It’s still far from clear

https://spectator.us/deadly-coronavi...v1pCn4ZNI00_yg
There’s actually been tons of literature coming out on this.

Basically, there’s a ton of active infections that slip thru the crack because the person doesn’t even know they’re infected

That’s bad because it can seed the whole lots of people because they don’t know they’re sick

Basically we’re about to do flu season in a month woth no protection
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:45 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Because too many people are either to damn stubborn to follow instructions or they just don't believe that this stuff is real or really this bad.
There should have been real and serious repercussions for those that did not isolate and stay at home like what was "ordered".
You mean like these idiots?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jerse...nst-gatherings
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:48 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Any word from OTWP?
I have not seen an update.
[Reply]
Donger 03:50 PM 03-28-2020
Hopefully bring a few chuckles and smiles:

[Reply]
wazu 03:51 PM 03-28-2020
It's occurring to me that this thread has become my main connection to the outside world.
[Reply]
loochy 03:54 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's occurring to me that this thread has become my main connection to the outside world.
It's generally where I get my news now. I can't stand tv news anymore...local or national.
[Reply]
O.city 03:54 PM 03-28-2020
IF there are that many asymptomatic people out there, people who have had it and recovered and people with minor symptoms, you could think of it like a shark fin.

This shark has been swimming along for a few months, we didn't know to look for it. It's spread around, people have died from it, we didn't know it was a shark so we attributed it to something else. Alot of people have gotten sick and gotten better.

But it's finally gotten close enough to the surface that we see it's fin (the curve of the outbreak and sick). It's swam along and picked off the weak and hopefully more of use have had it and gotten better. We won't know til we do serology testing down the road.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 03:57 PM 03-28-2020
There is a lot of detailed info in this post, some of which I don't understand since I'm not a medical professional. It's quite long too.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 04:00 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's generally where I get my news now. I can't stand tv news anymore...local or national.
This is true for me as well. I'll catch local in the morning but that's it now. And it feels like a big slumber party up in here.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:04 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Basically, there’s a ton of active infections that slip thru the crack because the person doesn’t even know they’re infected

That’s bad because it can seed the whole lots of people because they don’t know they’re sick

Basically we’re about to do flu season in a month woth no protection
With a significantly higher CFR.
[Reply]
2112 04:05 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You mean like these idiots?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jerse...nst-gatherings
They should make that guy clean toilet bowls in the clink with his tongue. Idiots
[Reply]
O.city 04:06 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
With a significantly higher CFR.
I don't know that it will for sure be.
[Reply]
AustinChief 04:09 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Basically we’re about to do flu season in a month with no protection
I'm not sure that is accurate. Let's look at one flu season in the US...

Symptomatic Illness 44,802,629
Medical Visits 20,731,323
Hospitalizations 808,129
Deaths 61,099

Let's pretend the flu is spread out evenly over an entire year (we know better but let's go with that). That would mean 5000+ deaths per month. We obviously aren't close to that in March.

This is not to downplay Covid-19 but to just give perspective.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:10 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The lockdown strategy doesn't seem to be working... at least not in Italy (or its impact is very slow).
The shit is counterproductive and kills small business. I snapped a shot of Menards today 4 days after the Mayor put in a SIP order. Thank God we shut down the hair salons!
Attached: 20200328_135739.jpg (71.8 KB) 
[Reply]
cdcox 04:10 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The lockdown strategy doesn't seem to be working... at least not in Italy (or its impact is very slow).
It is going to take a while because of the lag between infection, symptom onset, and symptoms getting bad enough to trigger testing. People being tested now may have been infected two weeks ago. Italian cases have stabilized at around 6000 new cases per day. I expect that to start decreasing soon, but they will continue to have hundreds of deaths per day for a couple of weeks after that.

NYC is going to continue to get worse day by day for a couple more weeks. Many other metro areas will go through similar periods of high increasing daily infections. Those haven't yet reached the point that health care systems are overwhelmed. This is going to take a while.
[Reply]
Page 866 of 3903
« First < 366766816856862863864865866 86786886987087691696613661866 > Last »
Up