ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 219
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 10:23 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think the big thing is I am still waiting to see the Offensive prowess from Drinkwitz.

Beyond Brady Cook being all dink and dunk, the Offense still looks sloppy and unprepared in general. They've had 2 years to build things up around him and it just looks mostly shitty.

He has an OC now, so what's the reason this time?
He’s had an OC for 4 quarters. Lol, come on man.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:50 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
He’s had an OC for 4 quarters. Lol, come on man.
He's had one all year. It's still his Offense being ran with the usual sloppiness.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:05 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He's had one all year. It's still his Offense being ran with the usual sloppiness.
Not sure if you’re being purposely obstinate or you are honestly mistaken. Guessing it’s the former. His OC is brand new.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:15 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Not sure if you’re being purposely obstinate or you are honestly mistaken. Guessing it’s the former. His OC is brand new.
The kids are eating at the table in the other room. Have a seat over there and settle on in.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:23 PM 08-31-2023
That was a disappoint second half, because we just didn’t see much of Cook.

He’s not much of a scrambling/running threat, but the arm talent has the potential to make up for it and then some.

Burden looked like a viable WR in this game rather than an insane athlete who is being force fed manufactured touches.

And Brady Cook still has a popgun arm and plays like Alex Smith’s style of QB play is The Way. I hate it.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:59 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That was a disappoint second half, because we just didn’t see much of Cook.

He’s not much of a scrambling/running threat, but the arm talent has the potential to make up for it and then some.

Burden looked like a viable WR in this game rather than an insane athlete who is being force fed manufactured touches.

And Brady Cook still has a popgun arm and plays like Alex Smith’s style of QB play is The Way. I hate it.
Horn* but your point remains.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 AM 09-01-2023
I've said this in football and in baseball contexts.

Rookies (and Horn is essentially a rookie) have to force the issue. They can't win on a split decision. They can't just expect that they'll get a shot.

And Horn didn't force the issue tonight. I'm really not sure what else there is to say.

If Horn is as good as many thinks he can be - he will take over at some point. But tonight he just didn't look like someone ready to run a Power 5 offense.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:50 AM 09-01-2023
Mizzou is in the same situation that the owner of the Double Deuce was in Road House. He's come into money, and he needs a way to build the brand back up, so he invests in facilities and hires a hand to change the culture. Brady Cook isn't Dalton. He's not Wade Garrett. He's not even a Terry Funk- like maniac who doesn't have the temperament to guide the ship (that was Mauk, by the way). He's that fat guy that always shows up to a fight, but usually gets his ass whipped because he has too many physical limitations. Sure, he's loyal and he shows up, but other than absorbing pool cue shots to the skull and acting as a vaulting platform for Jimmy to launch himself onto the stage, I don't see what the value is there.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:47 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Mizzou is in the same situation that the owner of the Double Deuce was in Road House. He's come into money, and he needs a way to build the brand back up, so he invests in facilities and hires a hand to change the culture. Brady Cook isn't Dalton. He's not Wade Garrett. He's not even a Terry Funk- like maniac who doesn't have the temperament to guide the ship (that was Mauk, by the way). He's that fat guy that always shows up to a fight, but usually gets his ass whipped because he has too many physical limitations. Sure, he's loyal and he shows up, but other than absorbing pool cue shots to the skull and acting as a vaulting platform for Jimmy to launch himself onto the stage, I don't see what the value is there.
Great analogy :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:15 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

So our only hope is for a polar bear to fall on Cook?
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:18 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Am I missing something here? Drink has put together an insanely talented team that played pretty well tonight. You're ready to fire the guy? WTF is wrong with you?
I will say this for Jerm...to be successful, Mizzou has to get it right at QB, and he has gotten it so, so wrong. If ED gets canned after a 6-win season, it will all come down to his inability to move off Cook. He simply is not a Power 5 QB, not close. I would rather see Garcia...and I've never seen Garcia.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:31 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I will say this for Jerm...to be successful, Mizzou has to get it right at QB, and he has gotten it so, so wrong. If ED gets canned after a 6-win season, it will all come down to his inability to move off Cook. He simply is not a Power 5 QB, not close. I would rather see Garcia...and I've never seen Garcia.
The fact we’re in Year 4 of this and he hasn’t found a QB to at least push Cook is pretty worrying to me…borderline asinine esp. for a guy who’s recruiting prowess is talked about so much.

I don’t think it’s particularly unfair either…

I agree with everything you said.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
He is 'close'. He might, if healthy, be a firmly average P5 quarterback.

I think having Mahomes has broken our brains as to what an average college quarterback is. Or even a GOOD college quarterback.

College QBs aren't guys that are standing tall in the pocket and slinging 40 yard missiles over the middle of the field. The overwhelming majority of them are very similar to Cook. Mobile, smart, tolerable arm strength, passing flirtations with being accurate.

Again, there's not a dime's worth of difference between Brady Cook and Stetson Bennett.

Is Cook a good Power 5 quarterback? No, probably not. Though we'll see if the shoulder was truly impacting him - again, having torn my labrum in the past, I just think this whole 'he was playing hurt' thing is overblown. If his labrum was actually torn he couldn't have done even as little as he did - you cannot throw with that level of instability.

But "He's not even close to a Power 5 quarterback" is ridiculous. There are 75 friggen Power 5 teams. There are maybe 15 of those that have OBVIOUSLY better options than Cook. Probably 15 of them that have obviously WORSE options than Cook. Then there's the big-ass pile of largely interchangeable guys that play the game almost identically to Cook.

This is James Franklin 2.0. People so badly wanted Matty Mauk under center that they just roasted Franklin every chance they got. When all Franklin ever did was be a pretty ordinary college starter - he did college quarterback stuff. And hell, they ended up 5th in the nation with him and would've gone to the national championship game with any sort of defense at all.

This team's not that team, but its very demonstrative of what a good team can do around a smart, reliable quarterback. Yes, it's game manager shit but unless/until Horn proves it - until he TAKES the job - it's silly to just sit here and act like we're trotting Jim Dougherty out there.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:33 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So our only hope is for a polar bear to fall on Cook?
No, that's Tinker, the other fat guy.

I'm talking about this muffin:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/m...f_=ext_shr_lnk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 09-01-2023
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The fact we’re in Year 4 of this and he hasn’t found a QB to at least push Cook is pretty worrying to me…borderline asinine esp. for a guy who’s recruiting prowess is talked about so much.

I don’t think it’s particularly unfair either…

I agree with everything you said.
Dafuq?

We just went into game one of the season with Cook and a 5-star redshirt freshman in a quarterback competition. And behind him is another 4-star dual threat from this year's class. And in that mix is ANOTHER 5-star transfer who was top 10 nationally at the position just 2 years ago.

I swear to god, some of y'all just continue to make the arguments you WANT to make, actual evidence be damned.

Maybe - just maybe - Cook's not the piece of grabasstic shit you fellas keep insisting he is. Maybe every damn recruit that walks into Columbia doesn't miraculously start dominating the best football conference in the country as a Sophomore.

Fucking dipshit worthless pile of ass Eli Drankmess didn't get Caleb Williams - we should fire him.

Lord that's just idiotic. You honestly said "there's nobody pushing Cook" when the only thing that kept that from being an open competition last night was that Cook ran the offense so well in the first half that Drink took the air out of the ball in the second half.

Absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 219
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up