ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 53
« First < 404647484950 515253 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:16 PM 02-13-2021
Chiefs brass had Tyreek Hill type talent in their cross hairs all along because they didn't know IF they would have Hill back or not. IF they(brass) are to be criticized at all it is having 'tunnel vision' and not seeing the bigger picture in the long run. But that will not happen because we won the SB last year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:52 PM 02-15-2021
At least he’s tired of hearing about it. Now is the time dude. Show us

Mecole is ready for a larger role in the Chiefs offense �� pic.twitter.com/iGok5r4pIZ

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) February 15, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:54 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
At least he’s tired of hearing about it. Now is the time dude. Show us

Try finishing your routes or turning your head for the fucking ball. I hear that helps when you're a WR.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:19 PM 02-15-2021
Talk is cheap, Mecole... if Madden was real life your awareness rating would be 40, tops
[Reply]
New World Order 03:23 PM 02-15-2021
Good. Get mad
[Reply]
R Clark 03:29 PM 02-15-2021
Catch the damn ball
[Reply]
Munson 03:31 PM 02-15-2021
He didn't improve at all in year 2.

In fact, I'd say he regressed.

He should be winning the majority of his 1-on-1 battles, with Hill and Kelce getting all the double teams.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 03:54 PM 02-15-2021
He needs to work harder
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:58 PM 02-15-2021
So then what’s the issue? Why the lack of production?

Is it Mahomes’s fault? Andy’s fault?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:18 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Mahomes & Hardman have no chemistry. Can that be improved? Sure

Hardman doesn’t seem to have any awareness of what the defense is doing. Mahomes reads the defense & expects his WR’s to do the same.

He’s a gadget player. That’s all he will ever be.
I would be good with the Chiefs just accepting this. He is still hella dangerous as a returner and a jet sweep option. A much better version of Albert Wilson. Perhaps it's time to just face reality that he's not much more than that.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:50 PM 02-15-2021
I think Mecole Hardman would benefit the most having OTAs during the offseason. I think he still can make a difference but he has to work at it and prove himself and not make bonehead mistakes.

I still have high hopes for him but at the same time feel if this isn't his year to turn it on then he will just be a flash in the pan. I like Mecole Hardman I think he has made some really awesome plays for us but needs to be more consistent. I still like him better than Sammie Parker.

I also think if they are going make him our #2 he needs to focus on WR duties not be put in for kick returns let Pringle handle that job but Mecole is a threat when he gets a clean catch and takes off. He is also a liability at times but Hill has muffed them too so can't knock one guy without pointing at another for same thing. Although if game is on the line i'd have Hill back there 10 out of 10 times.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:18 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I think Mecole Hardman would benefit the most having OTAs during the offseason. I think he still can make a difference but he has to work at it and prove himself and not make bonehead mistakes.

I still have high hopes for him but at the same time feel if this isn't his year to turn it on then he will just be a flash in the pan. I like Mecole Hardman I think he has made some really awesome plays for us but needs to be more consistent. I still like him better than Sammie Parker.

I also think if they are going make him our #2 he needs to focus on WR duties not be put in for kick returns let Pringle handle that job but Mecole is a threat when he gets a clean catch and takes off. He is also a liability at times but Hill has muffed them too so can't knock one guy without pointing at another for same thing. Although if game is on the line i'd have Hill back there 10 out of 10 times.
As Pesty keeps pounding the drum about, year 3 is crucial

The game will either get easier for him, or it won't

If it doesn't come together then, his ceiling caps out at 3 or even 4... the good news is he can still be dangerous in those more limited roles
[Reply]
New World Order 05:24 PM 02-15-2021
Just don't play Sammy past week 12.

Seriously.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:44 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm not making excuses, nor am I defending the Hardman pick. I'm saying to all the bitches crying about DK Metcalf: "Welcome to the NFL Draft. You must be new here, assholes."

Ever see those random articles "Redrafting the ____ draft" where the blank is any random year? The first round that they redraft is littered with dudes taken in the 2nd round and far beyond. Frequently there are a couple of undrafted guys on those lists. Guess what that means? Your team probably fucked up by letting ANY of those guys fall as far as they did. Even if you got a quality player out of your draft like a starting OL or whatever, you probably fucked up.

That's EVERY team. DK Metcalf is just one example of a player that 31 teams fucked up on in one particular year. These guys can only go to one team, and if they fall to the 3rd round, that means EVERYBODY fucked up.

You can criticize the Chiefs for fucking up their scouting of Hardman if you think he's a bust. That's fine. But criticizing them for not seeing a 3rd round WR turning into what he did makes you sound like Deberg.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m so sick of hearing about DK fucking Metcalf. Wow we missed on the same as every other team that passed on him at least once, mostly twice.

And it’s not like Hardman is Breeland Speaks.

Whoopty doo. You know that the Seahawks missed Travis Kelce? They picked right before us and guess who they picked? A RB that is out of the league.

Newsflash. We’re gonna miss on guys like every team has misses.
So much this. Look at all the teams that missed on Stefon Diggs (5th round 146). Sometimes teams just fuck up.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:30 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So then what’s the issue? Why the lack of production?

Is it Mahomes’s fault? Andy’s fault?

My theory is that he's not adept at reading defenses. When the QB is reading the defense and the WR isn't, the WR ends up not looking for the ball. That's not going to get you very far in an Andy Reid offense with Patrick Mahomes under center.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 53
« First < 404647484950 515253 >
Up