ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1474 of 4897
« First < 47497413741424146414701471147214731474 147514761477147814841524157419742474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:18 PM 02-27-2018
Since the new salary shift to first rd picks, a vast majority of SB winners had QB’s who performed well on cheap deals so they could build other parts of the team.
The only ones who won with highly paid QB’s had immense value at other positions bc of discounts or they drafted well.

Denver isn’t winning shit with Cousins. It’s best to just take a stab at a rookie QB again.

This QB class is supposed to be one of the better classes right? Well you have the 5th pick...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:26 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Since the new salary shift to first rd picks, a vast majority of SB winners had QB’s who performed well on cheap deals so they could build other parts of the team. The only ones who won with highly paid QB’s had immense value at other positions bc of discounts or they drafted well.

Denver isn’t winning shit with Cousins. It’s best to just take a stab at a rookie QB again.

This QB class is supposed to be one of the better classes right? Well you have the 5th pick...
Pretty sure the Broncos paid Manning top tier monies and Von Miller made bank before the SB win... so, you are immediately wrong.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:28 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Since the new salary shift to first rd picks, a vast majority of SB winners had QB’s who performed well on cheap deals so they could build other parts of the team.
The only ones who won with highly paid QB’s had immense value at other positions bc of discounts or they drafted well.

Exactly.

You can win with young QB's. Wilson, Kaep, Luck, Wentz, Goff, Dak, and Mariota have proven it. You just have to hit.

If Denver hits on a young QB they'd be in a much better spot than they would be with Cousins. It's riskier, but the potential upside is worth it, IMO.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:30 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Exactly.

You can win with young QB's. Wilson, Kaep, Luck, Wentz, Goff, Dak, and Mariota have proven it. You just have to hit.

If Denver hits on a young QB they'd be in a much better spot than they would be with Cousins. It's riskier, but the potential upside is worth it, IMO.
Of the QBs you listed, only Wilson and Wentz have won SBs and Wentz was injured and didn't even play in the SB so he doesn't really count.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:33 PM 02-27-2018
Upside is there, but there's no clear cut answer at QB in the draft...

Top 10 QBs are high dollar for a reason and I have no issues if they want to break the bank on Cousins. I would rather see them go after Keenum than one of the rookies slated for the top 10. I think I'd rather have Lamar Jackson as a QB prospect than any of those slated for the top of the draft. I just don't like any of those options.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:37 PM 02-27-2018
I’d still rather draft a guy than pay Cousins $25-30 mil per.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:43 PM 02-27-2018
The Vikings intend to make strong push for QB Kirk Cousins. (via @MikeGarafolo)

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:46 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
I don't want to waste another 1st round pick on another rook who may or may not pan out.

They need to pay Cousins or land Keenum and use that 5th pick on a guy who will play right away and become a HOF talent even if he is only a guard.

I wouldn't mind landing that White kid but I think the Pats are going to take him if he lasts that long which means John would have to move back up in the 1st round to get him. I would only do that if we ended up with a 2nd option FA QB but I would not use the 5th pick on a QB.

Nelson would help our run game and allow whoever the QB is to step up into the pocket and allow a rookie to take over at RT.
Cousins/Keenum + Nelson or Barkley would make Denver a better team in 2018 than a rookie QB would. I just don't think it would be good enough to go up against the Steelers, Pats, Texans, and Jax in the playoffs.

If we hit on the rookie QB though it wouldn't be a stretch to see him being just as good, if not better than Cousins in year 2 or 3. Also, you could use that $20-$30M that would've went to Cousins/Keenum to beef up the OL and other holes.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:04 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Of the QBs you listed, only Wilson and Wentz have won SBs and Wentz was injured and didn't even play in the SB so he doesn't really count.
Some of them still have a few more years on their rookie deals to make something happen.

I honestly don't expect Cousins to take Denver very far. I mean, he struggled to get Washington to the playoffs and never led them to double digit wins. If Denver is ever going to hand out top-5 QB money, I want to give it to an actual top-5 QB.
[Reply]
bowener 05:08 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
The Vikings intend to make strong push for QB Kirk Cousins. (via @MikeGarafolo)

:-)
He'd be smart to go play in a dome 9 games a year minimum (1 against the Lions every year) vs probable shit weather in Denver.
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:08 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Upside is there, but there's no clear cut answer at QB in the draft...

Top 10 QBs are high dollar for a reason and I have no issues if they want to break the bank on Cousins. I would rather see them go after Keenum than one of the rookies slated for the top 10. I think I'd rather have Lamar Jackson as a QB prospect than any of those slated for the top of the draft. I just don't like any of those options.
To be fair, when you have the #5 pick there is never a clear cut answer at QB. The only time that happens is once a decade or so for the team with the #1 overall pick that year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:15 PM 02-27-2018
Some of them still have a few more years on their rookie deals to make something happen.

I honestly don't expect Cousins to take Denver very far. I mean, he struggled to get Washington to the playoffs and never led them to double digit wins. If Denver is ever going to hand out top-5 QB money, I want to give it to an actual top-5 QB.
Well, it gets tricky when you're at #5. What if there's only 1 QB that Denver really feels is the answer, and they don't feel like they have a shot at him at #5. Perhaps Darnold or Rosen. Do you risk the fact that your chosen QB doesnt fall to you, do you aggressively try and trade up, giving a ton of assets to do so, or do you go ahead with a semi sure thing in Cousins, at an extremely premium price?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:30 PM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, it gets tricky when you're at #5. What if there's only 1 QB that Denver really feels is the answer, and they don't feel like they have a shot at him at #5. Perhaps Darnold or Rosen. Do you risk the fact that your chosen QB doesnt fall to you, do you aggressively try and trade up, giving a ton of assets to do so, or do you go ahead with a semi sure thing in Cousins, at an extremely premium price?
Denver has the ammo to move up if they want (1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7).

I bet the Rams and Eagles don't regret giving up what they did for Goff and Wentz. Denver wouldn't have to give up as much as they did because they only have to trade up from #5.

I'd like to trade up to #1 for Darnold, but if not I have no problem staying at 5 and drafting whoever is left.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:31 PM 02-27-2018
Denver has the ammo to move up if they want (1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7).

I bet the Rams and Eagles don't regret giving up what they did for Goff and Wentz. Denver wouldn't have to give up as much as they did because they only have to trade up from #5.

I'd like to trade up to #1 for Darnold, but if not I have no problem staying at 5 and drafting whoever is left.
You're also assuming the Browns have any intention of trading down in the first place. If they have their eye on a QB at #1 it's going to take a kings ransom to move up no matter where you are. Also, staying pat at #5 and taking whichever QB you just happen to land is kind of silly.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:34 PM 02-27-2018
Broncos would move up to 2, unless Browns want Mayfield st 5. They have some front office people that love him
[Reply]
Page 1474 of 4897
« First < 47497413741424146414701471147214731474 147514761477147814841524157419742474 > Last »
Up