ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:33 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's an endangered species fishlike thing (edit: salamander) in Missouri called the hellbender: https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/status/endangered

That's a really good name, and the red jerseys can be recast as devilwear.
I've always been fond of the name Hellcats. It works better with a bit of alliteration like Harlem Hellcats.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:34 PM 06-29-2020
Kansas city Redlegs. We would wear the red pants all the time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:34 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's an endangered species fishlike thing (edit: salamander) in Missouri called the hellbender: https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/status/endangered

That's a really good name, and the red jerseys can be recast as devilwear.
I know I put in my suggestions, but can you change my Kansas City Kings name to the Kansas City Coelacanths?

Those things are badass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:35 PM 06-29-2020
To answer the question, Kansas City Kings seems like the best choice.

One syllable, quick and easy. Alliteration helps it flow off the tongue and it keeps the theme of high ranking individuals going.

Would the logo be a crown?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:42 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

One syllable, quick and easy. Alliteration helps it flow off the tongue and it keeps the theme of high ranking individuals going.

The King would be offended.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:46 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Kansas City Wolves
Kansas City Wolfpack
This would be the only way the mascot we have would ever make sense.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:50 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
We told that fucker in 1776 to fuck off and we can do it again
[Reply]
bdj23 02:53 PM 06-29-2020
I've always been fond of the name Hellcats. It works better with a bit of alliteration like Harlem Hellcats.
I like Kansas City Coldwater Crayfish myself.
[Reply]
1COOLDOG 02:59 PM 06-29-2020

Nice try, but not a very good idea at all because every fan of the opposing teams would bombard us with shouts of "Fap Kings!" whilst making repetitive motions with their arm.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:59 PM 06-29-2020
Kansas City Cuties
[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:00 PM 06-29-2020
Kansas City Escalades
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 03:01 PM 06-29-2020
However Mike Tyson says our team now is what it should be. Cause we stole him at #10
[Reply]
1COOLDOG 03:01 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Which one ya talkin' 'bout?:

-- Elvis?

-- The deformed and creepy Burger King character?

-- Richard Petty?

-- LeBron?
[Reply]
Eureka 03:06 PM 06-29-2020
Why is it that I see Redskins/Chiefs memorabilia and gear out at the rez in Northern California?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:10 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by 1COOLDOG:
Nice try, but not a very good idea at all because every fan of the opposing teams would bombard us with shouts of "Fap Kings!" whilst making repetitive motions with their arm.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the term “fap king” in my life so I think your concern is a bit misplaced.

As it stands, Chiefs can easily be turned into queefs and no one cares about that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up