ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 29
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:00 AM 07-04-2020
You know... Any change to the Chiefs name will change the name of our beloved ChiefsPlanet...
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:32 AM 07-04-2020
Personally I think it’s stupid to have to change Chiefs, as it is neither derogatory nor specific to Native Americans.

But I also don’t care. It’s a fucking sports team name. It’s been around for sixty years. Who gives a shit.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:29 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I do not believe this will happen, sorry. Chiefs is NOT a racial name/suggestion - it is actually a leader name in the Indian nation/culture. Redskins yes - SLANG - Chiefs, no. Not worried. Leaders of an Indian heritage! Oh, and Super Bowl 4 and LIV Champions baby! :-)
While I agree with you on principle, if a team named the Indians is going to change it’s name, no team name associated with that culture is safe.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:32 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Personally I think it’s stupid to have to change Chiefs, as it is neither derogatory nor specific to Native Americans.

But I also don’t care. It’s a fucking sports team name. It’s been around for sixty years. Who gives a shit.
These people aren't stopping with names.

You know it, I know it.

Give them an inch and they'll try to take everything.

Next thing you'll know, the feminists will try to get rid of cheerleaders...then it won't be long before someone is calling them out for having no trans-players in the NFL...just watch...if this goes beyond the Redskins they're going to destroy the NFL as we know it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:33 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
No, we don't have to talk about a name change.
Please see the first post in this thread
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:50 AM 07-04-2020
Can't wait to witness Patrick Matthews-Mahomes III matriculate Flag Roundobject for the Midwest Town #34 Persons
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:53 AM 07-04-2020
Stock up now on Chiefs/Arrowhead gear as a future investment
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 09:06 PM 07-04-2020
I've been away from this site for 18 months and this was the first thread I clicked on upon return.

I have nothing else to add.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:24 PM 07-04-2020
A few years ago, there was some bullshit talk about making this forum all about fucking baseball because the royals won....it was bullshit then and this is the same thing. I guess if the NFL comes that, I say fuck it...been here 20 years and finally got a SB, DGAF about any woke shit.

Sports are almost unwatchable with all the bullshit, at this point.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 10:24 PM 07-04-2020
I'll be pissed if we change our name.
Chief is not an offensive title.
Arrowhead is not an offensive title.
Our Arrowhead logo also not offensive.

But I must say I find the over use of "Chiefs Kingdom" offensive & cringe whenever I hear it & its used a lot.
So would that also have to change then?
:-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:54 AM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

You know it, I know it.

Next thing you'll know, the feminists will try to get rid of cheerleaders...then it won't be long before someone is calling them out for having no trans-players in the NFL...just watch...if this goes beyond the Redskins they're going to destroy the NFL as we know it.
No Trans Players? What about Derek Carr?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:07 AM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

You know it, I know it.

That’s a lovely nazi insignia you have as your avatar there.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:38 AM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
That’s a lovely nazi insignia you have as your avatar there.
Don’t bite on every piece of propaganda you read.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 AM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Don’t bite on every piece of propaganda you read.
some things remain true no matter the era, the tribulations of today or what year it is. **** the Broncos!

My girl drove past the Broncos stadium �� pic.twitter.com/YjBBYOopbN

— The Kingdom (@MahomeSZN) July 5, 2020

[Reply]
bobhill 01:08 PM 07-05-2020
They're not gonna change the name of chiefs or arrowhead
[Reply]
Page 23 of 29
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up