ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 29
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:47 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
I believe you believe that. I just don’t like white supremacy.
If anything, Native American named teams (not named Redskins) helps eliminate white supremacy. You want to rename all teams dedicated and honoring minorities but allow the white names to continue such as New England, Celtics, Vikings, Irish, etc? Eliminating native American names is cancel culture against minorities. Revel in the fact that we live in a great multicultural nation with names from all cultures. Helps provide a good balance of culture.
[Reply]
srvy 02:04 PM 07-02-2020
While in no way will KC Chiefs be 86ed. The remote possibility Hunts would change I like Kansas City Explorers. It honors the KC area history of the trailhead edge of the frontier and beginning of The Voyage of Discovery along with the beginning of the Santa Fe Trail.
[Reply]
MGRS13 02:09 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If anything, Native American named teams (not named Redskins) helps eliminate white supremacy. You want to rename all teams dedicated and honoring minorities but allow the white names to continue such as New England, Celtics, Vikings, Irish, etc? Eliminating native American names is cancel culture against minorities. Revel in the fact that we live in a great multicultural nation with names from all cultures. Helps provide a good balance of culture.
for the record i never said if the name should be changed. i simply gave my two cents as how i believe Clark and the Hunts should approach the subject
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:29 PM 07-02-2020
We aint changing CHIEFS and we aint changing Mt. Rushmore..

That is blood bath shit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:52 PM 07-02-2020
Okay, here's our list through Post 101. I also added a couple that arose from my own mental recesses.

Barbecuers
Beefs
Blues
Camels
Catfish
Chameleons
Champs
Champions
Chief Executive Officers
Choppers
Crimson
Crop Dusters
Destroyers
Ermines
Fighting Banana Slugs
Fire Chiefs
Grays
Hammerheads
Hellbenders
Hitmen
Hunters
Jazz
Kangaroos
Kings
Knights
Murder Hornets
Outlaws
Pitch
Racers
Sauce
Saucers
Savages
Scouts
Slabs
Smoke
Tornadoes
Wasps
Wolfpack
Wolves
[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:59 AM 07-03-2020
Sooo, you'll add "Smelly Poo Poo Heads" to the list once you get to post 244?

BTW - Z-men would be good, too bad it's sexist.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:00 AM 07-03-2020
Spearchuckers!
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:49 AM 07-03-2020
We need something familiar, but not so controversial.

I got it!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:51 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
We need something familiar, but not so controversial.

I got it!

Kansas City fa**ots
Buy your parking pass with a shitload of dimes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:15 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Sooo, you'll add "Smelly Poo Poo Heads" to the list once you get to post 244?

BTW - Z-men would be good, too bad it's sexist.
I'll consider it, but I think it's got too much room for confusion with the other AFC West teams.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:38 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Kansas City Comets ☄️
I actually really like this one. It would be visually appealing, and also a sly homage to Mark Twain, whose birth and death coincided with the appearance of Halley's Comet.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:40 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Kansas City Comets ☄️
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I actually really like this one. It would be visually appealing, and also a sly homage to Mark Twain, whose birth and death coincided with the appearance of Halley's Comet.

[Reply]
Rain Man 05:42 PM 07-03-2020
Up through the current post we have these nominations. There are some good ones in here.

Arrowheads
Barbecuers
Beefs
Blues
Butchers
Camels
Cataclysm
Catastrophe
Catfish
Cavemen
Cavepeople
Chameleons
Champs
Champions
Ch efs
Chief Executive Officers
Choppers
Coelacanths
Coldwater Crayfish
Comets
Conestogas
Connoisseurs
Copperheads
Cottonmouths
Coyotes
Crimson
Crop Dusters
Crows
Destroyers
Ermines
Explorers
Fighting Banana Slugs
Fire Chiefs
Flatlanders
Football Club
Grays
Hammerheads
Hellbenders
Hellcats
Hitmen
Hunters
Jazz
Kangaroos
Kings
Knights
Midwesterners
Missourians
Monarchs
Murder Hornets
Outlaws
Pioneers
Pitch
Racers
Raging Storm
Redlegs
River Otters
Sauce
Saucers
Savages
Scourge
Scouts
Sizzle
Slabs
Smoke
Spirit
Storm
Tin Men
Tornadoes
Twisters
United
Wasps
Wolfpack
Wolves
[Reply]
saturnknts 07:15 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Comets are the indoor soccer team in Kansas City. I'd rule that one out.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:10 PM 07-03-2020
I think we'll get away with keeping the Chiefs if they lose the chop, drum and headdresses. And Warpaint.

But also, just for kicks, imagine removing the yellow and replacing with purple. The shirts would be awesome.

[Reply]
Page 20 of 29
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up