ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:13 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I keep pondering names related to the pioneers on the Oregon trail, or the pony express. But there's really no catchy name with the pony express. Maybe we could be the Kansas City Conestogas or something.

But now that I think about it, settling the west probably isn't acceptable behavior these days.
Flatlanders
[Reply]
cripple creek 07:16 PM 06-29-2020
anybody remember the old tribe posters of the probably 80s? the one I remember most clearly featured our defensive studs like DT, Ross and others. pretty sure the team had consulted with which ever tribe agreed to supply authentic regalia for the photo shoot
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:19 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
The only acceptable name would be the Kansas City Social Justice Warriors.

We can convert the "Tomahawk Chop" to a celebration of beheading racists and sexists.
That's nice. But that would make us the Kansas city SJWS. Jews would be offended.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:24 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
anybody remember the old tribe posters of the probably 80s? the one I remember most clearly featured our defensive studs like DT, Ross and others. pretty sure the team had consulted with which ever tribe agreed to supply authentic regalia for the photo shoot
I remember parking by 3A, in front of Kauffman, in the front row some native Americans that had a van with a TV in it. I don't think they went into the games, watched the TV in their van.

They had no problem with it. I even still have some feathers and beads I bought from them.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 07:24 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You claim to be so smart and then make comments like this.
Lol, in a previous quote, I quoted an Indian who in fact did.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:35 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
F that. I'm from Iowa. Won't root for no God damn missourians.
Iowa is offensive :-)
[Reply]
chiefsftw 07:49 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by cripple creek:

I still have two of those posters.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:49 PM 06-29-2020
I keep pondering names related to the pioneers on the Oregon trail, or the pony express. But there's really no catchy name with the pony express. Maybe we could be the Kansas City Conestogas or something.

But now that I think about it, settling the west probably isn't acceptable behavior these days.
Kansas City Almost Mormons.

STFD and :-)
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:00 PM 06-29-2020
Cleat us Fartensmelters
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:11 PM 06-29-2020
Kansas City Pussy Pounders
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:46 PM 06-29-2020
The Kansas City Glitters. F-em.
[Reply]
scho63 11:14 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
redskins is not racist. Indians referred to themselves as such.
I would have agreed last year. The goal posts have been moved 500 yards :-)
[Reply]
TEX 11:38 PM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
No we don't.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:43 PM 06-29-2020
If Chiefs are offensive, then Kansas is offensive. Kansas comes from the Kansa Indians, which means "south wind people".

People named teams, cities, and states after them to commemorate them. Kind of like why we name schools, roads etc after famous people.
[Reply]
srvy 12:01 AM 06-30-2020
I like the Kansas City Twisters

kansas city Raging Storm

kansas city big muddies

kansas city cottonmouths

kansas city river otters

bring back the Scouts name.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up