ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cam Newton to the Patriots
Dante84 05:55 PM 06-28-2020

Former NFL MVP Cam Newton has reached agreement on a one-year, incentive-laden deal with the New England Patriots, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Newton now will step into the mix to try to help replace former Patriots’ QB Tom Brady.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 28, 2020

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:44 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I do not understand this logic at all.

Is Cam Newton better than Tom Brady?
In some ways, yes. Tom Brady refuses to stand in the pocket and deliver the football anymore. Much like Drew Brees, defenses didn't respect the vertical element in the Pats passing attack because it didn't exist. He left a lot of big plays on the field because he elected not to throw it. Whether he didn't trust he receivers or he didn't want to get hit, big plays didn't happen because Brady didn't make it happen, not because his WR's couldn't get open.

That's not to say Brady has a weak arm either. He doesn't. His arm is still plenty good unlike Brees.

They still don’t have any weapons. Their OL is still below average.
I question how much of it was on their skill position players. Edelman, Sanu and Lee is a good trio of WR's and the book hasn't been written on Harry.

Did they not lose some key pieces on defense like Van Noy?
The Patriots routinely field a top ranked defense despite roster turnover every year. Kyle Van Noy isn't going to be the reason that changes.

They are worse than they were in 2019 and now Cam Newton puts them in the AFCCG?

I think a lot of you are overrating the hell out of this move. The guy hasn’t even played good football in years.
I don't see where they're worse.

You're overstating Cam's deterioration, understating just how good BB is (he won 10 freaking games with Matt Cassel), understating how good the Pats defense is on a yearly basis despite losing star players every year and not acknowledging how poorly Brady was playing last season.

Yea, i think you have a QB who just 1.5 years was one of the most gifted QB's in the league and who's NEVER had a coach remotely close to BB. Cam is going to learn things he never knew before. Route concepts and reads will be taught to him that he never knew even existed.

You don't know what you don't know, and that's going to be big here for Cam.

And the Patriots will have a Qb with a skillset BB has never had the luxury of utilizing before. They now have a guy that WILL stand in the pocket and deliver a strike. And by all accounts he IS a great leader as well.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:47 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I will actually be surprised if Newton wins the starting job, his arm is toast.
If he doesn't, it's because Stidham is just that good.

I think people are crazy if they don't think Stidham was the plan all along.

We're talking about the most controlling, detailed coach in possibly NFL history and people think he didn't have a post-Brady plan?

That he got caught bare-ass'd when Brady left? No f'n way.

I think they really like Stidham and wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins the job.

And if he doesn't pan out? Cam is a helluva insurance policy at worst, a freakin' steal at best.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:53 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Every black person is lazy

[Reply]
staylor26 12:17 PM 06-30-2020
33 year old Edelman who has a significant injury at least every other year, 30 year old Sanu, and brokedick Marques Lee who’s played in 6 games the last 2 years is not a “good WR trio” by any means. They’re bottom 5 and an Edelman injury away from being the worst.

I expect the Pats defense to be good still, but they aren’t as good on paper as they were last year and I don’t think that’s even debatable. Their best players on both sides of the ball are old. It’s not a very good roster and everybody was pretty much in agreement about this a week ago.

When they won 11 games with Cassel they had a much better roster. Randy Moss and prime Wes Welker aren’t walking through that door. Their defensive roster was better that year as well. They still didn’t even make the playoffs with those guys, so I don’t think it’s a very good example to point to them being the favorite to play us in the AFCCG after signing Newton.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 12:45 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Or it is a Seahawk like it has always been.
Um, it's always been a totem pole indian design they borrowed.

It's been known for years
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Get over yourself my post wasn't directed at you. I never said you said it was a bad move or anything like that. Learn how to read...

You're just a sensitive internet tough guy who wants to win every argument when he posts in a thread. Fuck off.
You quoted the guy that quoted me after downvoting my post. If it wasn’t me then who were you talking about? Who was saying that?
[Reply]
penguinz 01:27 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Um, it's always been a totem pole indian design they borrowed.

It's been known for years
It was designed after a mask not a totem pole.

https://www.burkemuseum.org/news/mas...-seahawks-logo

Again, you are wrong but will refuse to admit to it.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:48 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It was designed after a mask not a totem pole.

https://www.burkemuseum.org/news/mas...-seahawks-logo

Again, you are wrong but will refuse to admit to it.
indian artifact= same thing.

indian themed team
[Reply]
penguinz 02:13 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
indian artifact= same thing.

indian themed team
Like I said, you will not admit you were wrong.
[Reply]
rtmike 02:34 PM 06-30-2020
Belicheat is gonna love this, lol.

https://youtu.be/6DJMU2n5sC8
[Reply]
rtmike 02:36 PM 06-30-2020
fm, I suck at posting videos, smh.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:39 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Ban? I have been for less.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:51 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Ban? I have been for less.
Because Rabble is the ass here. This is the actual quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Every black person is lazy to you, you cousin ****er.

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:52 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Like I said, you will not admit you were wrong.
because its an insignificant detail . I pointed out that the Seahawk is a native american themed logo. I was absolutely correct. whether its a mask or totem is irrelevant. odds are it was on both at some point.
youre being incredibly childish.
have a wonderful day. I love you too
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:37 PM 06-30-2020
You quoted the guy that quoted me after downvoting my post. If it wasn’t me then who were you talking about? Who was saying that?
My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular it was just a general statement. Maybe if you werent so obtuse, you would have figured that out.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up