ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2522 of 3903
« First < 1522202224222472251225182519252025212522 252325242525252625322572262230223522 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:10 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What part of 99% of the country doesn't have Covid so fuck your mask shit don't you get?

I like how you keep trying to have it both ways.

You don't care about people with medical conditions, we get it. You're a selfish person.
WOW I know you have been told by half the people on this site that you are.....really something in a negative manner. They are correct.
That number is not static, meaning that as the numbers continue to go up it will change. You know and all the stuff that the news is talking where it is 1 in 4 people that are being tested have Covid. Those are from places that are testing anyone who wants the testing meaning they are not symptomatic.
You don't know how many people actually have Covid. Your numbers are therefore wrong no matter how much you want to throw them out there and want to believe that you know so much.
People with medical conditions have options, stop acting like they don't.
Most people don't WANT to wear masks and follow safe practices because it is a minor inconvenience. Those are the ones being selfish while more and more businesses are closing for good effecting many many people.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:13 PM 07-06-2020
I open this thread and see Pete doing his best Stone Cold impression. Damn.

https://youtu.be/lurAemW4_YY
[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
WOW I know you have been told by half the people on this site that you are.....really something in a negative manner. They are correct.
That number is not static, meaning that as the numbers continue to go up it will change. You know and all the stuff that the news is talking where it is 1 in 4 people that are being tested have Covid. Those are from places that are testing anyone who wants the testing meaning they are not symptomatic.
You don't know how many people actually have Covid. Your numbers are therefore wrong no matter how much you want to throw them out there and want to believe that you know so much.
People with medical conditions have options, stop acting like they don't.
Most people don't WANT to wear masks and follow safe practices because it is a minor inconvenience. Those are the ones being selfish while more and more businesses are closing for good effecting many many people.
Guess what, you have options too. Stop acting like you don't.....:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:27 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Guess what, you have options too. Stop acting like you don't.....:-)
:-) SMH

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:33 PM 07-06-2020
Now there is bubonic plague in China.

[Reply]
cdcox 09:55 PM 07-06-2020

There are an average of 7 cases per year in the US.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:56 PM 07-06-2020

There is always bubonic plague in China.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:57 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Half of those hospitalized in AZ are 20-44 years old

Lots of those hospitalization numbers are meaningless. If you come in for a knee surgery now they test you for Covid. If you test positive, congrats you are now a Covid hospitalization, even if you have no symptoms.

:-)

Death rate for those 40 and under close to zero.
Would they even do knee surgery on a covid positive patient at this point knowing What they know about clotting disorder or they might find a pneumonia on that patient even though they are asymptotic which seems to be a common finding so yes he might not have been there initially for Covid but he might still end up being treated for covid.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:12 AM 07-07-2020
Long article so quoted just part of it.

Originally Posted by :
Meet the 'long-haulers': A growing chorus of coronavirus patients have had symptoms for more than 100 days

https://www.businessinsider.com/long...-months-2020-7

The people who've had coronavirus symptoms for more than 100 days have a nickname for themselves: the long-haulers.

They've been dealing with the virus for much longer than most of their peers, and far longer than their doctors anticipated. As their illnesses persist without explanation, these patients turn to online support groups on Facebook, Reddit, and Slack, where they seek medical advice, swap war stories, and share updates on their health.

"We're all kind of diagnosing each other," Peggy Goroly, a 56-year-old from Long Island who belongs to a coronavirus support group on Facebook, told Business Insider. "You'll hear someone else say something and then you realize it's happening to you, too."

Goroly has had COVID-19 symptoms since March 5. When she initially got sick, she quickly developed a cough, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Her lips and eyelids turned purple. She tested positive twice: once in April then again in May.

Her third diagnostic test came back negative on May 21, but more than 100 days after her symptoms started, most of them haven't gone away.

"I try to spread the word around to other people that they should be very careful, this isn't a joke, and I'm still sick and people can't understand," Goroly said. "The only place where I get my recognition that it's okay and it's normal is the group."

Business Insider spoke to 17 coronavirus patients like Goroly who have been symptomatic for more than 100 days. Some have been in and out of the emergency room. Many are young — in their 20s and 30s. They're confused about why their symptoms have lasted for so long.

Most of these patients' infections have drastically upended their lives. They've dealt with chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, heart palpitations, loss of taste and smell, and other prolonged symptoms for months. Some are facing unemployment or having to file for disability as they stare down the barrel of chronic illness. Others have struggled to care for their children or family members.

These cases could offer crucial information for those developing coronavirus treatments, formulating workplace policies, and issuing public-health guidelines. But for now, these long-haulers say, they've been relegated to the shadows of the pandemic.

But the stories given to Business Insider present a more harrowing picture than that.

For Goroly, a trip to the grocery store means spending the rest of the day on her couch, struggling to breathe. Other patients reported getting out-of-breath from walking their dogs, playing with their children, or going to the mailbox.

Some have barely left their beds in months.

"Just this past couple of weeks, I've ventured out into the living room area," Cheyenne Beyer, a 27-year-old living in Austin, Texas, told Business Insider. "The fact that it's been three months and I still don't know how it is going to progress or get better — it's just scary."

[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:50 AM 07-07-2020
To all those who fought tooth and nail vs hydroxy what’s it like to have the deaths of many in your hands?
[Reply]
eDave 07:58 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
To all those who fought tooth and nail vs hydroxy what’s it like to have the deaths of many in your hands?
It doesn't sound like public skepticism stopped it's use. Medical Dr. skepticism did. Maybe I'm wrong.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:01 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It doesn't sound like skepticism stopped it's use. Maybe I'm wrong.
It 100% did, governors banned it for **** sakes. Literally everyone who fought tooth and nail vs it being used has the deaths of thousands on their hands. Everyone knows why people fought for it not to be used and it’s reprehensible.

Truly disgusting
[Reply]
petegz28 08:03 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It doesn't sound like public skepticism stopped it's use. Medical Dr. skepticism did. Maybe I'm wrong.
I think it certainly limited its use to a large degree.
[Reply]
Donger 08:09 AM 07-07-2020
Why do you think that it would have saved any lives, let alone thousands?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:19 AM 07-07-2020
It is still being trialed there is no definitive answer for it as of yet , yet you keep spiking the football at the 5 .

Of all the treatments being trialed why is HCQ the only one your are championing?
[Reply]
Page 2522 of 3903
« First < 1522202224222472251225182519252025212522 252325242525252625322572262230223522 > Last »
Up