ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 149
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:19 AM 02-22-2020

Dingers are BACK. ��

Thanks, @solerpower12. �� pic.twitter.com/J6EGgZkFkv

— MLB (@MLB) February 21, 2020

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:18 AM 02-24-2020
Keith Law posted his top 100 on The Athletic. Good stuff on Lynch (his #13 prospect, ahead of Forrest Whitley and Casey Mize, among others. Only
Mackenzie Gore, Dustin May, and Nate Pearson ahead of him as pitchers.

His write-up of Witt talks about a tendency to collapse his back leg to sell out for power, but Law likes his general approach. He typically is VERY hard on toolsy guy with shit approaches, so I was really encouraged by that. Slight mechanical adjustment could really sky rocket Witt forward.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:53 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Keith Law posted his top 100 on The Athletic. Good stuff on Lynch (his #13 prospect, ahead of Forrest Whitley and Casey Mize, among others. Only

His write-up of Witt talks about a tendency to collapse his back leg to sell out for power, but Law likes his general approach. He typically is VERY hard on toolsy guy with shit approaches, so I was really encouraged by that. Slight mechanical adjustment could really sky rocket Witt forward.
Were any others on his top 100?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:01 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Were any others on his top 100?
No more Royals, just Lynch and Witt.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:15 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
There’s no way I give him 85m clams. He did earn about 40 in year 1 but he may not give them full value even after that great season.
While I loved Cain, he also seemed to frequently have small nagging injuries that would keep him out of the lineup.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:08 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
While I loved Cain, he also seemed to frequently have small nagging injuries that would keep him out of the lineup.
To add to that, he has (arthritis?) in his thumb that really impacted his performance at the plate last season. He grinded it out, though, I was stoked to see him finally take home the Gold.

I think that 2015 defense now has 18 gold gloves to their name. That was an all time D for sure.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:41 PM 02-24-2020
Remember when the Royals were GREAT just a few years ago?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:25 PM 02-24-2020

If Law was correct Lynch would be our highest rated pitcher in 35 years of rankings. I read he reached 98 mph in Arizona.

Looking at the BBAmerica database which begins in 1981, we have only had 4 pitchers in the top 20 of the Top 100 annual prospect ranking. #14, #18, #19, #19. Two were in the same season.

Name them. (Kyle Zimmer 2012 just missed at #23)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:55 PM 02-24-2020
If Law was correct Lynch would be our highest rated pitcher in 35 years of rankings. I read he reached 98 mph in Arizona.

Looking at the BBAmerica database which begins in 1981, we have only had 4 pitchers in the top 20 of the Top 100 annual prospect ranking. #14, #18, #19, #19. Two were in the same season.

Name them. (Kyle Zimmer 2012 just missed at #23)

Mike Montgomery
John Lamb
Mark Gubicza
Zack Greinke
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:33 PM 02-24-2020
Mike Montgomery
John Lamb
Mark Gubicza
Zack Greinke
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Very good. The other was in 1994.
[Reply]
Three7s 11:40 PM 02-24-2020
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Very good. The other was in 1994.
David Cone?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:34 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
David Cone?

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:07 AM 02-25-2020

Well, shit. He or Jeff Austin would have been my next guesses.

I think I remember that Gubicza was the highest touted member of the group that debuted in 84 and carried the teams in 85. That Saberhagen was the real star of the group was somewhat of a surprise, I think.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:11 AM 02-25-2020
I was thinking about Daniel Lynch compared to Montgomery and Lamb the other day.

Size and fastball velocity are similar. Main difference is that Lynch’s second pitch is a VERY snappy slider. I think being a college guy also gives him a leg up on the other two.

Lamb is probably my biggest disappointment from that 2011 farm system. Before the injury, he was 94-95 with the fastball with a crazy-good changeup and supposedly a really good slider the team was trying to turn into a curveball.

Then he had TJ, did a shitty job of rehabbing after, lost 2 mph on his fastball, lost his feel for the changeup (and action, and separation from the fastball) and never really found a breaking ball again.

It’s just too bad. It doesn’t surprise me that only one of those 4 lefties has been - at times - a very good MLb starter. It does surprise me it wasn’t Lamb.

But TINSTAAPP always rules the day...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:55 AM 02-25-2020
Well, shit. He or Jeff Austin would have been my next guesses.

I think I remember that Gubicza was the highest touted member of the group that debuted in 84 and carried the teams in 85. That Saberhagen was the real star of the group was somewhat of a surprise, I think.

In DM’s book “if these walls could talk” of whatever it was called, Bob Boone met Granger after he signed, being pick #5. He was told Granger had a slider like Steve Carlton whom Boone had once caught in Philly.

He did a bullpen session with him and said afterwards “More like Chris Haney” (a soft tossing journeyman we had at the time)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 149
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up