8 9 15.25%
9 1 1.69%
10 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your level of Tinnitus
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:44 PM 08-09-2019
I've had Tinnitus for years. Being around squealing Hogs and lots of firearms. Going into a sow barn with 700 sows screaming for food at the same time is the equivalent of being right in a jet engine.

But whats weird is that I'd say on a scale of 1-10 my tinnitus level was always around a 4-5.

Since I sold my farm I have no issues with loud noise but about 3 months afterwards my tinnitus jumped straight to a level 10.

I don't understand why and there's no fix. It could surely drive a weak person insane but that's not me. When I lay down at night it's horrible !!!! and i can't sleep with a radio on to mask the noise so it really sux!

And yeah I've watched all the youtube doctors that show you to beat on your head in various spots and it don't solve the problem.

There's got to be an answer. Why can the medical community figure this shit out!!!!!

Thoughts?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:58 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've had Tinnitus for years. Being around squealing Hogs and lots of firearms. Going into a sow barn with 700 sows screaming for food at the same time is the equivalent of being right in a jet engine.

But whats weird is that I'd say on a scale of 1-10 my tinnitus level was always around a 4-5.

Since I sold my farm I have no issues with loud noise but about 3 months afterwards my tinnitus jumped straight to a level 10.

I don't understand why and there's no fix. It could surely drive a weak person insane but that's not me. When I lay down at night it's horrible !!!! and i can't sleep with a radio on to mask the noise so it really sux!

And yeah I've watched all the youtube doctors that show you to beat on your head in various spots and it don't solve the problem.

There's got to be an answer. Why can the medical community figure this shit out!!!!!

Thoughts?
What?
[Reply]
neech 08:10 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have grown used to it and ignore it. Thanks for reminding me. Its now ringing like an annoying dentist drill.

At night tying to sleep is the worst but very low music or even a fan running seems to help.
Heh, me also I hardly notice it and now it is very noticeable. I gave it a 3 though because I can tune it out so to speak.
[Reply]
neech 08:12 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
The closest thing I can compare it to is cicadas in the summertime thats what it sounds like.

Yes this is what mine sounds like also.
[Reply]
Groves 08:19 PM 08-09-2019
I’ve had mine (high pitched ring) for years, but it definitely ramped up just over a year ago.

Misery loves company. Wish I could solve it for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:22 PM 08-09-2019
I am a 0
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:42 PM 08-09-2019
4 years of Field Artillery when I was in my 20's has my ears ringing now that I am in my 50's. I have some hearing loss as well as the ringing. I can still hear some tones with no problem but others just aren't there anymore. Looks like I will be able to get around 20% VA disability which is only about a hundred bucks but I will take it. Just waiting for it to clear at the VA but my advisor says artillery vets usually get that. Plus when I am ready to accept my aging I can get free hearing aids.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:49 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yours all sounds like cicadas? Mine is a constant super high pitched sound like a belt squeeling and it doesn't change.
Mine oscillates exactly like cicadas
[Reply]
stumppy 08:50 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yours all sounds like cicadas? Mine is a constant super high pitched sound like a belt squeeling and it doesn't change.
I've got that too, but it's in the background. The crickets and cicadas are front and center.
[Reply]
srvy 09:23 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Mine oscillates exactly like cicadas
Yep same and its terrible tonight since Hog brought it up:-)
[Reply]
007 09:35 PM 08-09-2019
What?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:56 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
What?
Huh? What did you say??
[Reply]
cdcox 10:48 PM 08-09-2019
Mine is about a 3 at the moment. Low enough that I didn't notice it until this thread. It's been down lately compared to the last few years. I've lost some hearing ability in the last two years, so maybe I just don't heat it as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:10 AM 08-10-2019
I genuinely feel you here, Hog

Had TERRIBLE tinnitus as a boy and young teen, the never ending ringing in my ears would drive me absolutely insane

Ma took me to the doc a couple times and it was basically “there’s nothing we can do, he’ll probably outgrow it”... I haven’t looked into it for a long time, but back then science pretty much didn’t have a freaking clue about what to do

It sounds like nothing has changed in that regard

I’d be looking into anything if I were you, everything from homeopathic stuff like earwax candles to simple cotton balls stuffed in your ears, to finally... a good drug that zonks you out enough to sleep
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:37 AM 08-10-2019
What?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:02 AM 08-10-2019
I had a bad case back in January probably a 9 to 10. The only thing I've found that works is to mix olive and garlic in a little dropper bottle. Drop 1 or 2 in each ear every night before bed and eventually the ringing goes away.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up