ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 210
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Tyreek Hill Thread***
Dante84 01:14 PM 04-30-2016
With the 165th pick, in the 5th round.

Nutt said that Toub felt Hill was like Devin Hester.

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) April 30, 2016

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:50 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by penchief:
I agree 100% with the first sentence. But I don't think the second half of this thought is entirely accurate. Many people who are unwilling to give Hill a second chance are not people many of us would label as advocates of social justice.

I think the unwillingness to give people a second chance should not be attributed to advocates of social justice as much as it should be attributed to people who are judgmental, self-righteous, or intolerant. Even then, an allowance has to be made for people who are victims of domestic violence or have loved ones who are victims.

Not all but most people who advocate for social justice are driven by compassion, empathy, and a sense of fairness. Hence, "justice." The belief in redemption is a natural extension of those attributes. However, judgmental people exist in every walk of life and many attach themselves to social causes, which often does a disservice to a cause. Those who resist social change can point to ugliness in the process to undermine the legitimacy of a cause.

Even though violence against women runs counter to the concept of social justice, redemption is part of the human experience. Redemption is a journey of the soul. IMO, to deny someone a chance at redemption is to deny an intrigal piece of the human spirit.
If you add a qualifier to the word 'justice' you aren't advocating for justice. You're just leveraging the word 'justice' to mislead people.

Social justice is just the idea that justice should be distributed along group lines rather than individual lines. I don't see anything compassionate, empathetic, or fair in that value system. That's why i mockingly refer to it as social prejudice.

I don't think people condemning Hill are social justice warriors. They're just normal people with a low tolerance for abusing women and unborn children.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:14 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
If you add a qualifier to the word 'justice' you aren't advocating for justice. You're just leveraging the word 'justice' to mislead people.

Social justice is just the idea that justice should be distributed along group lines rather than individual lines. I don't see anything compassionate, empathetic, or fair in that value system. That's why i mockingly refer to it as social prejudice.

I don't think people condemning Hill are social justice warriors. They're just normal people with a low tolerance for abusing women and unborn children.

My disdain for him has nothing to do with social justice and everything to do with not wanting someone who has done that on my team.

Ray Rice was caught on video doing a minuscule fraction of what Hill did to his pregnant girlfriend, and Rice has been blackballed out of the NFL.

It would be the same if they were bringing in someone like Leonard Little, BTW.
[Reply]
hometeam 11:40 AM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
My disdain for him has nothing to do with social justice and everything to do with not wanting someone who has done that on my team.

Ray Rice was caught on video doing a minuscule fraction of what Hill did to his pregnant girlfriend, and Rice has been blackballed out of the NFL.

It would be the same if they were bringing in someone like Leonard Little, BTW.

I mean.. this is an honest question here. Was insanely violently knocking out your girlfriend and dragging her around REALLY a 'miniscule fraction' of what Hill did?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:18 PM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I mean.. this is an honest question here. Was insanely violently knocking out your girlfriend and dragging her around REALLY a 'miniscule fraction' of what Hill did?
He will never admit he was wrong about Reek...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:23 PM 07-01-2018

He hit her multiple times in the face and then multiple times in the stomach and torso. He choked her. Then he put her in a chokehold/arm lock.

And she was pregnant. Yes, what Rice did was small potatoes compared to what Hill did.

But there were no pictures or video. So he got drafted.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:28 PM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I know. He acts like he actually knew Hill's girlfriend. I don't know why people take something that happened to someone that they don't know without any way of knowing the full story so personally.
[Reply]
hometeam 01:34 PM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He hit her multiple times in the face and then multiple times in the stomach and torso. He choked her. Then he put her in a chokehold/arm lock.

And she was pregnant. Yes, what Rice did was small potatoes compared to what Hill did.

But there were no pictures or video. So he got drafted.
I dunno.. if you cant see past your own hyperbole its hard to take anything you say seriously.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:05 PM 07-01-2018
I dunno.. if you cant see past your own hyperbole its hard to take anything you say seriously.

Pretend you were beat up 2x. One time, you got one-punched and then dragged around. The other time, you got punched in the face a half dozen times, in the body a half dozen more, got two-hand choked from the front and also were subjected to an arm-bar chokehold while being dragged around.

Are you going to say those are equal? Really?

It’s not hyperbole to say the latter incident was significantly more severe than the first.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:09 PM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:

There’s nothing to be wrong about.

He’s a domestic abuser, and an extreme one at that. I didn’t, don’t, and never will want that type of player playing for one of my teams, no matter how good he is on the field.
[Reply]
Best22 02:10 PM 07-01-2018
Our rivals have had wife-beaters on their teams

Why shouldn't KC? It's not like they hand out trophies for being choir boys and morally upright

They hand out trophies for winning. Today nobody cares how many wifebeaters played on those 52 SB champion teams, fans only remember how good those teams were. And that's the truth

Mizzou dumps Dorian Green Beckham for pushing a girl, yet other schools cover up rape. And then their stands are jam packed with 100,000 fans. Penn State has a huge child rape scandal and the next week their stadium has 102,000 in the stands. FSU fans didn't give a rip about coverup. Atleast Jim Bob from Sopchoppy, Florida, is happy that he is a "champion."

Lol
[Reply]
ChiefGator 02:52 PM 07-01-2018
He made a mistake, and has owned up to it. He was a kid in college at the time.

Ray Rice was a grown-ass man doing it... and it was on video.

You have to give people a second chance in life...
[Reply]
penchief 03:15 PM 07-01-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

I agree with you that justice should be administered along individual lines. However, when people are denied individual justice due to systemic injustices or inequity, that is by definition, social injustice.

The ideal that justice should be distributed along individual lines is the ideal that advocates of social justice are striving for. There would be no need for "social justice warriors" if those systemic inequities and injustices didn't exist in the first place.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:41 PM 07-16-2018

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:49 PM 07-16-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Gehrig Dieter looks like....

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:51 PM 07-16-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Sweeeeeet!

Hell ,who was the QB ? He made a lot of good throws.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 210
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up