ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 504 of 1203
« First < 4404454494500501502503504 5055065075085145546041004 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
lewdog 07:55 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
First beer since mid January.
Damn son. Lent is a real bitch, isn't it!?
[Reply]
cdcox 07:57 PM 04-26-2017
Since we are on a hotdog kick I present the Lonewolf Dog:

National Hebrew dogs
Sweet Hawaiian buns
Red onions
Inglehoffer Stoneground Mustard
Tennessee Hot Chow-Chow Relish

:-)
[Reply]
TimBone 08:14 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Damn son. Lent is a real bitch, isn't it!?
Hahaha...no lent here. In fact, I tried to support my wife's effort of giving up cheese (that was her decision for lent), and I lasted only four days. I wanted a pizza, so I had a pizza.

The beer thing I do pretty much every year in January just to reset and assure myself that I can step away from the beer when I want to do so. I also wanted to lose some pounds at the beginning of this year, so that was part of it as well. I lost a few, but have a lot more to go.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 PM 04-26-2017
Hahaha...no lent here. In fact, I tried to support my wife's effort of giving up cheese (that was her decision for lent), and I lasted only four days. I wanted a pizza, so I had a pizza.

The beer thing I do pretty much every year in January just to reset and assure myself that I can step away from the beer when I want to do so. I also wanted to lose some pounds at the beginning of this year, so that was part of it as well. I lost a few, but have a lot more to go.
No fucking diet tips or weight loss talk in this thread please.

Fucking n00b.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:41 PM 04-26-2017
No fucking diet tips or weight loss talk in this thread please.

Fucking n00b.
I WAS REPLYING TO YOUR POST

AT LEAST I POSTED SOME FUCKING FOOD
[Reply]
Buzz 08:44 PM 04-26-2017
The wife made chili and I cleaned out the leftovers, grilled burger and chicken.

Attached: 20170426_210115 (2).jpg (105.9 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:52 PM 04-26-2017
Kobe beef dog with pulled pork and coleslaw from a place called Botsky's in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

The quality of the hot dog and bun were outstanding. This is the third time I've eaten here in about as many years, and every time they've been good. The one thing I'd say is that I'm going to stop ordering any bbq meats (in this case pulled pork) from places that aren't specifically bbq restaurants. It's never really great.

This place had a ton of good toppings to choose from, and I feel like subpar pulled pork and slaw really downplayed a good hot dog and bun.

The Envie was bomb, though. First beer since mid January.

Fuck you! I've had a lot of sex that doesn't look half as good as that!
[Reply]
scho63 08:36 AM 04-27-2017
Kobe beef dog with pulled pork and coleslaw from a place called Botsky's in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Well that really makes me want to drive 20 hours to go eat that dog! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:26 PM 04-27-2017
Since TimBone has been talking shit and Mod abusing like no one's business, I'll post a dinner picture tonight. I get carbs tonight so I used petite sirloin again, this time with a Teriyaki marinade. Sliced and topped over fried rice and a mix a vegetables.

I'm finally figuring out how to cook a petite sirloin well. It's a cheap cut of meat and thus, not the most forgiving. I'm finding that although this is a lean cut of meat, you can make it quite flavorful. It's nothing like a ribeye, but I can't always eat that much fat. The petite sirloin is becoming a diet favorite of mine.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:15 PM 04-27-2017
Since TimBone has been talking shit and Mod abusing like no one's business, I'll post a dinner picture tonight. I get carbs tonight so I used petite sirloin again, this time with a Teriyaki marinade. Sliced and topped over fried rice and a mix a vegetables.

I'm finally figuring out how to cook a petite sirloin well. It's a cheap cut of meat and thus, not the most forgiving. I'm finding that although this is a lean cut of meat, you can make it quite flavorful. It's nothing like a ribeye, but I can't always eat that much fat. The petite sirloin is becoming a diet favorite of mine.

Looks good man. So what are you doing differently in preparation?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:42 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pizza fans - you should give the kettlepizza a shot (apologies if already recommended)

It's an insert for a 22'' Weber that you can get extremely hot and make legitimate coal fired oven style pizza:

Oven in action:

See the leopard spotting on the crust?

Here's the top - not 'authentic' but a conventional style pizza done with a badass crust:

I totally forgot about this exchange. Search for "kettlepizza" and found this. I just bought one, expecting it next week! Got the steel top, too!

I have a full sized baking steel in the oven. Think it would be overkill to use that instead of the tombstone?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:20 AM 04-28-2017

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:21 AM 04-28-2017

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:01 PM 04-28-2017
I'm taking a Craftsy class from King Arthur called "Mastering the Art of Pizza." It's really quite interesting.

Today I learned that if you're making dough, there's a formula to figuring out how hot the water should be. It's different if you use a preferment. But you want the dough temp to be 75-78 degrees, so you multiply that by 4, and subtract flour temperature, the poolish temperature, room temperature and friction factor (10 degrees if by hand, roughly 30 if by mixer). So if room temp is 69 and flour is 68, poolish is 75 and you're mixing by hand: water temp = (4x78)-(69+68+75+10); 312-22=90 degrees. Water should be 90 degrees.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:15 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Looks good man. So what are you doing differently in preparation?
Finding the cuts that are thicker. Always doing the salt/pepper over night in the fridge like FMB taught me. Buying the cuts that are 1"-1.5" thick. Getting the cast iron hot and adding more oil to the bottom than with other cuts of meat. Not fucking with it and only turning it once. About 5 minutes per side, rest 5 minutes and good to go.
[Reply]
Page 504 of 1203
« First < 4404454494500501502503504 5055065075085145546041004 > Last »
Up