ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 223
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Sorce 06:55 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I usually lose interest in pulled pork w/ about 2/3 of the roast left still.

I'm good for about one sandwich worth and a plate of pulled pork nachos the next day, but beyond that, I'm just ready to move on. So I rarely smoke pork shoulders unless I'm doing it for a crowd and can send it home with them.

I think I have 4-6 portions of it frozen in the deep freeze. Mixing it with a little cream cheese, lime juice, taco seasoning, cheddar and black beans makes for good taquito filling.
I always vacuum seal in 1lb portions and freeze. It's good for a quick meal. We use it a lot to make enchiladas.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:08 AM 04-10-2020
I've got a big pork shoulder to smoke this weekend.

I always worry about getting board with it too, but I make all sorts of different meals with it.
Things like tacos, pasta, and lasagna, help us get through it all.

But before that I think I'm going to smoke some of my Iowa Burgers today. 2/3rds beef, 1/3rd pork. Throw them on the smoker for a couple of hours. Or maybe I'll do some pork burgers. Don't know yet.

I've got some chuck eye steaks, poor mans ribeyes that I thought would smoke well too.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 04-10-2020
Man, when i was growing up my mom used to always get and grill chuck eyes. I used to eat the shit out of those in college too since we were poor. I still get them from time to time.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I've got a big pork shoulder to smoke this weekend.

I always worry about getting board with it too, but I make all sorts of different meals with it.
Things like tacos, pasta, and lasagna, help us get through it all.

But before that I think I'm going to smoke some of my Iowa Burgers today. 2/3rds beef, 1/3rd pork. Throw them on the smoker for a couple of hours. Or maybe I'll do some pork burgers. Don't know yet.

I've got some chuck eye steaks, poor mans ribeyes that I thought would smoke well too.
I do a pulled pork mac and cheese with the leftovers.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 10:49 AM 04-10-2020
Doing some meat sticks today. First batch is in, now is just the wait.
[Reply]
philfree 12:37 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
I've never tried any or smoked any but today I ordered in some Kurobuta Spare Ribs from SRF. Should be here on the 10th. I held off on the Wagyu Brisket but there's a local guy pretty close that raises some Wagyu so I called him and he's supposed to call me when he has a brisket ready. He said two weeks.
My order has arrived and it came in a nice cooler bag.

[IMG][/IMG]

The ribs are kind of smallish which is what I had read. Berkshire hogs aren't as big as other hogs?
[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 04-10-2020
My order has arrived and it came in a nice cooler bag.

The ribs are kind of smallish which is what I had read. Berkshire hogs aren't as big as other hogs?
Berkshire pork is AMAZING. Incredibly rich and evidently what everyone used to eat before we decided we needed pork to be lean and healthy or what not.

I honestly wouldn't smoke it; seems almost a waste. But for ribs, that's probably still the best way to do it. Please god don't "kansas city style" the damn things and put sauce on them.

I'm definitely a bit jealous. If you stick with smoking, I think I'd do a mild wood like pecan; maybe apple. Peach if you can get it (I got some from an orchard out of northern missouri - great stuff for light smoking duty). Hickory is probably too much (though a small amount might work) and mesquite would just be wrong, IMO.

Good luck sir.
[Reply]
philfree 12:56 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Berkshire pork is AMAZING. Incredibly rich and evidently what everyone used to eat before we decided we needed pork to be lean and healthy or what not.

I honestly wouldn't smoke it; seems almost a waste. But for ribs, that's probably still the best way to do it. Please god don't "kansas city style" the damn things and put sauce on them.

I'm definitely a bit jealous. If you stick with smoking, I think I'd do a mild wood like pecan; maybe apple. Peach if you can get it (I got some from an orchard out of northern missouri - great stuff for light smoking duty). Hickory is probably too much (though a small amount might work) and mesquite would just be wrong, IMO.

Good luck sir.
I was planning on smoking them with hickory, cherry and wild cherry. Maybe I'll use more of the cherry woods. I was also going to do them competition style so maybe I'll adjust and do a slab dry and one wet. I'm saving two slabs for another day.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:21 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I know I asked this somewhere but can’t find the posts!

Finally got a pork belly at Costco. Plan on doing pork belly burnt ends this Saturday but need to know the steps.
I’ve never done one but there are several you tube videos on it. How to BBQ right has one. Malcolm Reed has never let me down. Meat church BBQ has one and that dude appears to know what he’s doing.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:30 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ve never done one but there are several you tube videos on it. How to BBQ right has one. Malcolm Reed has never let me down. Meat church BBQ has one and that dude appears to know what he’s doing.
Smoker at 250
cut into 1 ½” squares
Season each cube
smoke for two hours
remove, place on foil. I add pads of butter, honey, brown sugar, maybe a little sauce.
Wrap, put back on for 1.5 hours.

Now you could glaze them and put them back on the rack for a few mins. I don't.

I eat some cubes. But sometime I'll even pull them for sandwiches.

Its some of the best shit ever.
[Reply]
philfree 02:35 PM 04-11-2020
Got'em rubbed
[IMG][/IMG]

The smoke is perfect
[IMG][/IMG]

Got'em in smoker with a new water pan that hopefully helps keeps the heat across the cook chamber from having to big of a disparity and of course to help keep the meat from drying out. Put some onion and garlic in with the water just because it smells good.
[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
philfree 02:48 PM 04-11-2020
Hunka, hunka of burning cherry
[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
lewdog 03:09 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Smoker at 250
cut into 1 ½” squares
Season each cube
smoke for two hours
remove, place on foil. I add pads of butter, honey, brown sugar, maybe a little sauce.
Wrap, put back on for 1.5 hours.

Now you could glaze them and put them back on the rack for a few mins. I don't.

I eat some cubes. But sometime I'll even pull them for sandwiches.

Its some of the best shit ever.
Thank you! Found the meat church link and it’s similar to Hoover here. Sounds great.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:04 PM 04-11-2020
Got'em rubbed
[IMG][/IMG]

The smoke is perfect
[IMG][/IMG]

Got'em in smoker with a new water pan that hopefully helps keeps the heat across the cook chamber from having to big of a disparity and of course to help keep the meat from drying out. Put some onion and garlic in with the water just because it smells good.
[IMG][/IMG]
looks amazing!

Doing chicken wings today (so easy, and so delicious), and already have a rack of ribs prepping for tomorrow!
[Reply]
Stryker 04:55 PM 04-11-2020
Pork tenderloin! Had crawfish today so back to the grill for Easter!
[Reply]
Page 151 of 223
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201 > Last »
Up